Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 2,281 to 2,300 of 5,014

shani

Is there some maintenance going on right now? Couldn't find a match three times in a row...

Wow that's awesome! And it's a total no-brainer for me. I always wanted to be able to fly, nothing could beat that.

This is one of those rare instances were the Splatfest theme is actually meaningful for me and not just a 50-50-I-don't-care choice.
I just fear that there will be an overwhelming amount of Team Flight squids, which means constantly battling against your own team and losing the Splatfest in the end...

Anyway, good to know that they finally went back to monthly Splatfests.

Zyrac wrote:

The other catch to this is that the Splatfest Tee has SquidForce branding and thus a high chance of rolling Ink Resistance.

Which is awesome? Ink Resistance was always the must-have ability for me in Splatoon.

EdJericho wrote:

wish I had known about it sooner so I could've grind for more chunks. It's also faster to grind the first 2 abilities and then reset.

Yeah I also found out about it too late. I actually scrubbed my Splatfest Tee after each subslot I unlocked, thought it would go faster that way but it makes no difference.

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

Blue_Blur

@EdJericho At least you can take full advantage of this Splatfest Tee... better late than never. I didn't realize that grinding only for two slots is faster... thanks for the tip, I'll be sure to do that! There seems to be enough NLifers on each team that everyone should have enough players to form a squad, which is great. Hopefully Team Flight will win this time!

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

Zyrac

@shani If you want Ink Resistance, sure, that's cool. But since it inhibits using the Splatfest Tee for anything else, it's a downside overall.

Zyrac

Twitter:

Blue_Blur

It would be cool if the Splatfest Tee brand changed for every Splatfest. That way everyone would eventually have a higher chance of getting chunks of a certain ability they want for cheap, and not always just for ink resistance.

Edited on by Blue_Blur

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

Skid

This splatfest looks to be a fun one!

My wife and I like to talk about having superpowers, but with ridiculous drawbacks. FE: You have the power of invisibility! However, only your skin is invisible and not your other body tissues.
We either do that or try to come up with useless superpowers. It is always a riot XD

Switch
Username: Skid
Friend Code: SW-7539-3214-1413

Nicolai

meleebrawler wrote:

@Maxz Or just being embarrassed, if by the logic the game seems to be presenting you need to have your clothes off to be fully invisible.

EdJericho wrote:

To truly take advantage of the power of invisibility you'll need to go everywhere naked.

Just go into squid form. Every Inkling seems to possess the ability to make their clothes disappear when they turn into squids.

@KirbyTheVampire makes a good point about it being harder to keep the power of flight a secret. Sure, you can fly up to the clouds, but that's not what I want to do.
I want to get places faster, and see the city from every angle!

Also, I just realized that even if I did have the power of flight, I wouldn't ever use it for fear of if it stopped working mid-flight. Maybe I should change my mind. At what point am I thinking about it too much?

I'd usually just go with my instinct at this point, but they're both pretty exciting. Maybe I'll wait and see what Marie Marina picks.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Zyrac

@Nicolai I'm assuming Marina will pick invisibility because, y'know, it's on the right.

Zyrac

Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

Be seeing flight on the battlefield but will you be seeing me?!?!

Think I need as much stealth gear as I can get before this Splatfest!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

meleebrawler

@NapalmPsalm Funny enough, I think there was once an X-Men mutant whose power of invisibility worked exactly as you described.

@Nicolai OK, but now you're flopping around on the ground ineffectually and prone to getting stepped on.
As for the falling risk, just buy a parachute. Heck, you could go all the way and get a set of skydiving gear and perform impromptu versions of it whenever you please, if you're into that. And you can always just activate your flight if the chute fails or vice-versa.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

JasmineDragon

@KirbyTheVampire Sure, but that's true for every superpower, and even more so for invisibility. You might be able to sneak around for a while, but if anybody ever caught you disappearing, every government on Earth would be sending black ops agents to capture you with thermal imaging and echolocation gadgets. Because invisibility, while not massively useful for the average individual, is pretty much the holy grail of all militaries and covert ops agencies.

To be honest, with either power you'd be a target. But with invisibility, you'd be the world's most enticing target.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

KirbyTheVampire

@JasmineDragon Yeah, that's also true. Kind of a toss-up, then.

I think I'll still go with invisibility for the Splatfest because I prefer that power anyway, though.

KirbyTheVampire

Nicolai

@JasmineDragon I suppose keeping invisibility a secret is much more possible. You could only use it to be alone, or to ensure your walk is peaceful. Keep your head down, don't cause trouble, don't get caught. It would really just be impossible to keep flight a secret by comparison.

A point for flight is that it could save your life if you fall. Falls can happen in everyday situations, whereas Invisibility is only going to get you out of trouble if you were seeking it to begin with.

Aaaah, geez, I haven't had this much trouble with a Splatfest since Past vs Future! Maybe it'w time to bust out the ol' pro n' con list.

@Zyrac Oh yeah.

Alright, I'm choosing flight. I've decided to remove the whole "how easily can it be hidden from global forces" aspect of it, and when I did that, it really comes back to the fact that none of the thrills I would get from invisibility are healthy or helpful to me and others.

Plus, I think women would find flight much more attractive, wouldn't you? Definitely more than a man who can creep around and spy on her, or other girls, and run away from everything.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

ThomGee

Agh, now you guys are making me indecisive! I know flight is objectively more useful and healthy, but invisibility is really cool to me.

Anyways, who here is excited for the Classic Squiffer tonight? I expect no one to say they are because absolutely no one used it in Splatoon 1.

ThomGee

My Nintendo: ThomGee | Nintendo Network ID: WakerOfWindsHD

NaviAndMii

Quick question: are abilities stackable? (eg. if you have 2x Ink Resistance, are you twice as resistant to enemy ink?)

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Zyrac

@Nintendoer Me! Like I mentioned earlier, using the Squiffer on Port Mackerel is a fond memory of mine. I don't expect it will be as good on the new layout, but it should still work pretty well.

Man, I keep meaning to get back to ARMS and Mario Kart for a bit, but this game has so much to suck you back in! Rotations, new weapons, Splatfests, and I've been thinking a lot about the gear I want to put together using chunks and such, which I know will take a long time. I managed to roll two Swim Speed Ups on the Black Squideye (Tentatek shirt with Run Speed Up), and that's now the basis of a plan to become the fastest squid alive. This is a lot more interesting than doing nothing but reroll and pray. Never really bothered with that.

@NaviAndMii They stack but with diminishing returns. Something like two of the same mains, or one main and three subs, is good, but overdo it and it becomes a bit of a waste.

Zyrac

Twitter:

NaviAndMii

@Zyrac Ahhh, I see - thanks for that! That'll change my approach a bit - I'm gonna have to get my thinking cap on and put some serious thought in to my outfit abilities!

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Skid

@meleebrawler Hahaha! Really?! I'm not really surprised if true, but to think of something like that making it to print is pretty funny.

Switch
Username: Skid
Friend Code: SW-7539-3214-1413

Nicolai

@NaviAndMii Diminishing returns, as shown by this graph. x is how many main slots have that ability (3 sub abilities equals one main ability), and y is percent towards the maximum benefit. Or you can refer to this:

abilities - percent
1 - - - - - - - 30%
2 - - - - - - - 55%
3 - - - - - - - 75%
4 - - - - - - - 89%
5 - - - - - - - 97%
6 - - - - - - -100%

As you can see, it really stops mattering after the 4th slot, and you're better off using those other two slots toward 55% of another ability.

100% is different for every ability, something arbitrary in the game's code. Whatever the devs thought was best for balance.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.

GoldenGamer88

I'm surprised to see this many Level 50s already. I mean I'm already playing 6 to 7 hours a day of Splatoon 2 since launch safe for one week where I had no internet and am 'just' at Level 35. I'm a bit worried about their health tbh. xD

Edited on by GoldenGamer88

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

-Green-

Apparenty there are two separate variations of the Brella in the work. A Light Brella and a Heavy Brella. Nothing too surprising but it's nice too know.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic