Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 2,161 to 2,180 of 5,014

-Green-

I really hate the Splat Brella's huge Drop Off and RNG. Like that's probably what I dislike the most from it. At times it can 45 at others 15 and others 30, with a variety of other damage it can do. It can really be a nuisance with me having to hit some enemies 4 and on the rare occasion 5 times. It's just not very consistent with any shot that is not dead on and up close.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

OorWullie

My team managed to collect 67 golden eggs in Salmon there, I think my record before that was 41. Anyone bettered that?

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Nicolai

@OorWullie I've definitely gotten pretty close to 60, may have gotten 61 once. Sounds like a dream team!

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

yokokazuo

So far my highest is 79 and some friends have gotten above 80
It's tricky though, need the right mode and players to get a good amount

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

meleebrawler

@-Green- That's video game shotguns for you. In real life (with actual buckshot) a single fragment could prove fatal, but for game balance purposes they are often rendered wildly inaccurate and require hitting with most, if not all of shot to kill a healthy opponent.

@KirbyTheVampire That heavily depends on the map. And curling bombs are generally more reliable for making a path. In the maps and modes I played, I seldom made use of the launching mechanism. It really needs long, narrow hallways to be useful.

I've gotten my fair share of assists from frequent Ink Storms and acting as a distraction for teammates. It's what's the weapon's all about, really. Helping your team shine. That said, holding up your shield in the midst of a storm can be a surprisingly powerful pressure option.

Edited on by meleebrawler

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Grumblevolcano

The goldflies scenario is generally the best to get lots of golden eggs, I've gotten over 30 on that one before.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Haruki_NLI

Im in Salmon Run right now if anyone is bored.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Haruki_NLI

Okay I like the Splat Brella...

rallydefault

I just played my first online Salmon Run, and DANG - it is so much fun! I can see myself playing it more than the competitive modes, to be honest.I like cooperative gaming more than head-to-head in general, though.

rallydefault

Grumblevolcano

I figured I'd add my Switch friend code, feel free to add me.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Maxz

@Spoony_Tech Arlo's hit on a number of points on that I haven't seen thoroughly tackled in most other videos. There's something to be said for being a 'Johnny come lately' in putting out reviews, as I feel he's really got to grips with subtler aspects of the game that I certainly pick up on in the first few days. Also, the extended video format allows him to tackle things in the sort of detail that rivals long-form written reviews, which is another bonus over most YouTube reviews.

The more I play the game, the more I can get behind giving it full marks. Does is revolutionise the genre? No, but is does significantly refine and polish a genre that is predecessor basically invented, and I think that deserves some credit. Throw in the excellent and freshtastic Salmon Run, and a much more fleshed-out, imaginative and action-packed singleplayer, and you get an impressively rounded package.

I understand why people are hesitant about 10/10s being handed out too readily, but Arlo bypassing that metric and going for 7/7 is strangely more digestible. You could perhaps talk me down from giving it - or almost any game - 10/10, but there's no way I'd give it less than the full 7 marks if that was what was available.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

Late

Just had really bad luck with Rainmaker. I was one away from getting S- and then I lost 5 matches in a row which is the most games I've lost in a row so far. No matter how well my team did, the opposing team was always a bit better. And I thought it was going to be a quick playsession since I won first two matches and only had one crack on the bar. Well, I played a couple more matches and now I'm back where I started from with 2/3 full bar and one crack.

I did one miraculous save in one of the matches we lost. The enemy squid with the Rainmaker got past my team mates while I was making a way for our attack so I decided to jump back to the base since no one was defending it. I clicked one of my teammates instead by an accident and I knew I had to act quick. I could already see the enemy getting close to the pedestal while our entire team was still on the lower level / center of Musselforge Fitness. I threw a Splat Bomb near the pedestal and boom, I killed both of the enemy squids evem though I couldn't even see them from where I was standing. Unfortunately, we lost couple minutes later.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

GoldenGamer88

Speaking of favorite stages, that'd probably be Humpback for me (though the app tells me my favorite was The Reef). It's so open and cool to look at. Still not that big of a fan of Moray Towers but it's not as bad as it was in Splatoon 1/I remember it being since most (if not all) chargers can no longer hit you from atop the sniping spots above the central area.

As for the Brella, I like its Sub and Special and it can cover a lot of ground but I don't seem able to score a lot of kills with it, at least not as much as I see from other Brella users. I may use it from time to time but it won't be used too often, I think.

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

Blue_Blur

shani wrote:

Blue_Blur wrote:

Doing some Tower matches earlier today, and seeing a lot of Inklings using the Brella made me think: imagine a team using only the Brella, all on the tower, shielding on all sides... that would be so annoying! lol XD

lol let's find 8 squids and try that out in a private battle^^
I'm curious how long the Brella team could defend the tower that way.

I would guess that the Brella team could protect it for a fair amount of time - but not enough for an easy knockout... or at least I hope not! XD There's really no way for the other team could get behind them on the tower (where they could easily be splatted), so right there the Brella team has an advantage. Though, something simple like a bomb rush would make the Brella team have to move and ruin their entire plan...

OorWullie wrote:

I'm a big fan of Sturgeon Shipyard, it's probably my favourite map of the new bunch.

Same, Sturgeon Shipyard quickly became my favorite new stage as well.

Though I miss a lot of the old stages, to be honest. To me, most of the new stages more or less have the same layout without many gimmicks. Many of the old stages were completely different from one another, with both gimmicks and layout, and that alone makes them more memorable, in my opinion. That's probably why I like Sturgeon Shipyard so much; the rotating platforms and obstacles make it stand out from the rest of the new stages. I hope the future stages offer more variety, and Camp Triggerfish (my all-time favorite stage) comes back someday.

Edited on by Blue_Blur

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

OorWullie

@Blue_Blur Data miners found some details in the last patch,it looks like Kelp Dome and Blackbelly Skatepark will be the next 2 returning maps.I liked both of them but they wouldn't have been my first picks.Blackbelly is quite similar in layout to the new maps.Flounder Heights is the map I'd most like to see return,loved RM on that.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

Grumblevolcano

Mahi Mahi Resort and Urchin Underpass would've been my first picks. The former being very unique and the latter because MK8 Deluxe.

Grumblevolcano

OorWullie

Splat Zones on Mahi Mahi Resort was absolutely mental,it was relentless.

I must say I'm a little disappointed all the maps only have one Splat Zone.Unless I've missed one?Not sure I've played on them all at SZ yet,I think I have.I'm quite happy with Moray Towers being a single Zone as it could be really difficult to gain back control when behind.Saying that,the Inkrails would have helped.I preferred the 2 zones in the original Port Mackerel though.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

Haruki_NLI

@OorWullie @Grumblevolcano

Ive said it before in this thread. Spoiler tags are your friends. Some of us dont want to know these things

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic