Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD

Posts 861 to 880 of 942

Matt_Barber

Yes, you can beat the Cistern.

Matt_Barber

jedgamesguy

Eel wrote:

The game tells you the order, you just need to read a stone slate first, and then look at the symbols around the statue.

When I played the game again last month I just guessed the order without looking at the statues! That, and the Sandship one.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Eel

The Sandship one’s is a bit harder to figure out, since you do get the pattern in that same room, but it’s not super clear what’s the order supposed to be.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

rallydefault

I thought there were clues in the environment that I put together. The first one did take me a couple tries, but the second one I got right away.

rallydefault

WoomyNNYes

Man, they really layer the challenges deep in Skyward. Right when I think I've completed the objective to get something, like the first flame at Lake Floria, then there's another thing. Then another thing.

Those zombie bokoblins are cool.(below cistern statue) And climbing the rope out & fighting them off the rope. Very cool.

Everyone above that figured out the secret order to open first locked door in Ancient Cistern just made my Ignore list. 😠(😉)

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

rallydefault

@WoomyNNYes
lol woo! I'm racking up the ignore lists haha (jk)

Yea, the "one more thing" aspect of the game started wearing on me after awhile. I can see it not being as bad if I ever play through it again, though, because I'll know exactly what's gonna happen.

rallydefault

Foleyjulie89

That game is gonna be boss. I haven't played it yet.

JjF

rallydefault

@damien33ad
The repetition of the worlds is without a doubt in my mind the weakest part of Skyward Sword. Yea, sometimes you go to a new area in a particular world, and some of them are kinda cool (desert for sure), but the majority of the time I was left feeling like I was yet again in the same places.

But somehow, someway, there is still that Nintendo magic that manages to make the game overall very good.

rallydefault

MarioBrickLayer

So I finally beat it!! My save file before the final battle had 47.5 hours of play time. I really enjoyed it particularly the end, the final dungeon was superb and the final boss battle was great too.

MarioBrickLayer

Thaswizz

Is there not a function to review games? I am playing for the very first time my copy of Skyward Sword for the Switch, which i never got to play on the Wii because I didnt have the Wii + controller and wanted to do a long review of it, also for other games as well. I thought awhile ago there was review functions, but if their is i can't find them anymore

Thaswizz

Eel

We don't really allow user reviews here. And Nintendo doesn't have any way to offer them via the eShop either.

Feel free to share your opinions here, but don't make it look, like, you're writing an article or something.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tyranexx

@Thaswizz Some users write their own reviews and impressions in the Games You Recently Beat? thread in the General forum, but that's about the extent of it here. Not as attention-grabbing as some avenues out there, but better than nothing. You can also rate games in the database here, but it's on a 1-10 scale. No 7.5s or anything like that other than the math the site uses to average out the scores.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Thaswizz

@Tyranexx Okay thank you, I wrote some reviews back on game trailer and had few ppl tell me I should do more, and had little free time thought I may do one for Zelda since it’s fresh to me for first time.

Thaswizz

Tyranexx

@Thaswizz No problem! Have you considered starting your own gaming blog where you can write reviews? It would probably make for a fun side hobby if writing reviews are something you enjoy doing.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

MrDinosaur

I just finished the game and I am just super surprised how good the game was!
I don't have the nostalgia in my favor as the only Zelda's I played are the Switch ones which amounts to BotW (amazing!) and Link's Awakening remake (okay) but I am blown away by the ingenuity and playfulness of the design and puzzles! I even learned to... like is a strong word... be fine with the controls even though I think each control scheme has it's strengths and weaknesses. Oh and screw The Imprisoned! That's the only boss fight I considered true garbage.
Groose is the man!
I expected okayish game but I am sincerely blown away by how good it is! But also I acknowledge the game does not do anything very new except the (poorly working) motion controls and even by 2011 standards I think it's just a well made but not groundbreaking game. (i.e. it does not really do anything different than other action-adventures such as Prince of Persia trilogy).

Still super happy for the HD Switch version as I would never play it otherwise.

@damien33ad I see what you mean, but I think the games are very different. To me Skyward Sword is a beautifully told tale (or a legend, if you wish) but I do not actually want to explore in-depth it's world and characters - it is finite and ends when it ends and that's it. BotW for me is the exact opposite - I couldn't actually care less about defeating Ganon or advancing the story - I just wanted to explore every nook and cranny and live in the Hyrule. I feel like each game scratches completely different itch.

<3

Switch Friend Code: SW-0008-9626-6899

Scottyg312

I have an issue. I can’t link to draw the circle on the door to open it. I talked to the guy at the top of the tree, and went to the door at the bottom of the Forrest and all it keeps saying is this door is sealed shut. If anyone could help I’d appreciate it. I’m playing the switch version

Scottyg312

Scottyg312

Thanks. For some reason it didn’t register talking to the guy at the top of the tree. I went back up and shot him with the sling shot for the second time and it finally worked. I was close to breaking something lol.

Scottyg312

Thaswizz

@Tyranexx I have thought about that , but I don’t have much to offer aside from text reviews cause my computer broke which I haven’t replaced. Just don’t have a lot of newer devices , but I do love reviewing games because I like deep diving into it all, audio , gameplay , inspiration just everything

Thaswizz

Tyranexx

@Thaswizz Hmm....Can't really help you there outside of text reviews that some people do in places like Metacritic. I've also done small shorthand ones on Amazon for games I've purchased and beaten, but that's in the same vein. I do hope you find a place that will feature some of your work. Makes me wonder if this site would benefit from the occasional guest review.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic