Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD

Posts 881 to 900 of 914

k8sMum

I'm enjoying the game more than I did on the Wii. I' m playing mostly on the pro controller but switch to joy cons when I need the sword slashes to be more precise. I failed at the giant scorpion 5 times til I changed to the joy cons and got him the first time.

I will admit that by the time the volcano and mine worlds were done I was totally sick of them and was thrilled to have the boss fight. Knowing I have to return a number of times more doesn't thrill me. I miss a snow world. But I'm doing better this time: on the Wii I got bored part way thru the run up to the mine. Now I'm about to do the tear gathering.

I think the story is very good and is enough to keep me plugging away at worlds I dread.

Switch friend code: SW-2516-0773-8992
Dream Addy: DA-3238-0526-8917

rallydefault

Ok so I have been playing a bit more after I beat it. Gosh darn lol

I just want to get all the hearts, really. And then maybe finish the friendship crystals. We'll see.

Anyway, I finally beat the archery game, but mostly because I was being stupid. I turned on motion which made it a lot easier, and instead of aiming where I thought the pumpkins would land, I started shooting at them around their apex. Much easier and I got the score the first time I switched my strategy.

rallydefault

Eel

A tip for the crystals, just in case since it can be easy to miss this, you can find standalone crystals around skyloft and other islands at night. Talking to Mr. Bats can unlock a dowsing feature for them.

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

rallydefault

@Eel
Yea, I did unlock the dowsing for them, and I've found quite a few of the single ones. But what do you mean by other island at night? I thought you couldn't fly at night? Or do you mean like the pumpkin island where you can sleep?

rallydefault

Eel

@rallydefault Yeah, you can access the Lumpy Pumpkin and Beedle's Island at night by sleeping in specific beds.

Bloop.

My dead channel.

WoomyNNYes

Total bull-expletive
The "secret order" to hitting the gems on the lock in the Ancient Cistern.
This was not fun.
This stupid puzzle stopped me dead in my tracks, even with the clues. Maybe this reflects on a major lack of comprehension. I get stumped by some things normal people see clearly.
I had cheat with the internet to continue the game.
Much admiration for anyone that cracked the code on their own.
Having fun with Skyward otherwise.

Did any other brain havers here figure the puzzle clues out on their own?

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider
Ni'tendo liker
Rocket League (platinum III/diamond I - 3v3)

NintendoByNature

@WoomyNNYes I can't remember if I figured it out, or if I got it by trial and error. I want to say it was trial and error.

NintendoByNature

Eel

The game tells you the order, you just need to read a stone slate first, and then look at the symbols around the statue.

Bloop.

My dead channel.

Matt_Barber

Yes, you can beat the Cistern.

Matt_Barber

TheJGG

Eel wrote:

The game tells you the order, you just need to read a stone slate first, and then look at the symbols around the statue.

When I played the game again last month I just guessed the order without looking at the statues! That, and the Sandship one.

SoundCloud - Xenoblade Novel

Currently playing?
F1 2021 (PS5)
Death Stranding (PS5)
No Man's Sky (PS5)
Elite: Dangerous (PS4)
Disco Elysium (NS)

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG | Twitter:

Eel

The Sandship one’s is a bit harder to figure out, since you do get the pattern in that same room, but it’s not super clear what’s the order supposed to be.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

rallydefault

I thought there were clues in the environment that I put together. The first one did take me a couple tries, but the second one I got right away.

rallydefault

WoomyNNYes

Man, they really layer the challenges deep in Skyward. Right when I think I've completed the objective to get something, like the first flame at Lake Floria, then there's another thing. Then another thing.

Those zombie bokoblins are cool.(below cistern statue) And climbing the rope out & fighting them off the rope. Very cool.

Everyone above that figured out the secret order to open first locked door in Ancient Cistern just made my Ignore list. 😠(😉)

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider
Ni'tendo liker
Rocket League (platinum III/diamond I - 3v3)

rallydefault

@WoomyNNYes
lol woo! I'm racking up the ignore lists haha (jk)

Yea, the "one more thing" aspect of the game started wearing on me after awhile. I can see it not being as bad if I ever play through it again, though, because I'll know exactly what's gonna happen.

rallydefault

Foleyjulie89

That game is gonna be boss. I haven't played it yet.

JjF

damien33ad

@k8sMum i know how you feel. Im at last Tears section and looks like gonna be awful. Sometimes I just don't get how developers think certain things will be fun. And I'm honestly bored of the same worlds over and over again too.. Overall the game is pretty good though. Its not Windwaker level by any means but I think worth the $60 so far. Plus I think I'm right at point in game where story will really pick up. Won't spoil anything by saying more for people. But think things are gonna get really good soon.

damien33ad

rallydefault

@damien33ad
The repetition of the worlds is without a doubt in my mind the weakest part of Skyward Sword. Yea, sometimes you go to a new area in a particular world, and some of them are kinda cool (desert for sure), but the majority of the time I was left feeling like I was yet again in the same places.

But somehow, someway, there is still that Nintendo magic that manages to make the game overall very good.

rallydefault

damien33ad

********WARNING****MILD SPOILER ALERT*****

so I was really starting to feel the game lag for me at 30 or so hours in. The repetition and constant dungeon hopping and overall lack of care for what was going on was making me stsrt to really start viewing this game as a mediocre one. But, but after I got the final flame for the Sword and watched the massive cutscene that explains so much of the back story of the series and more I won't go into for sake of others, man I really am into this game now. I'm finally excited to see what happens next. Its amazing what a good cutscene can do. Espe one that answers questions we have all had for decades now lol. That part alone bumped this game up for me. Super motivated to get to end now

damien33ad

MarioBrickLayer

So I finally beat it!! My save file before the final battle had 47.5 hours of play time. I really enjoyed it particularly the end, the final dungeon was superb and the final boss battle was great too.

MarioBrickLayer

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic