Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD

Posts 841 to 860 of 942

rallydefault

@NintendoByNature
Yea, the dungeons in this game are FANTASTIC. I don't dislike any of them, and that's saying something. I LOVED Cistern and the Sand Ship. There are always those dungeons that I just hate playing through in other Zeldas (Ocarina water temple, Awakening eagle tower - ugh), but this one I don't think that will be the case if I do play through it again.

And I do really like Skyloft and its characters. I enjoyed getting the friendship crystals or whatever they're called. I enjoyed flying around the sky (although it is kind of empty, especially compared to WW's ocean).

Lots to like here, not all bad by any means.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

Eel

I do wish the fire sanctuary had a unique boss battle though. It feels kinda anticlimactic.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

rallydefault

Well, just beat it!

Hero Mode... maybe one day lol

I feel like I got most things, but I don't really have the itch to 100%. I was missing one heart and could have upgraded a few things still. I think I only had a few more of the friendship crystals to get, too.

The finale scenes were cool, though the final boss was just kind of timing and no mechanics? Or maybe I just brute forced it, I dunno lol

Super glad I played it as a huge Zelda fan, though. It's really cool from the lore perspective (as much as Zelda lore can have any solidity).

rallydefault

kkslider5552000

rallydefault wrote:

The finale scenes were cool, though the final boss was just kind of timing and no mechanics? Or maybe I just brute forced it, I dunno lol

There is one interesting mechanic but I didn't realize it was a thing until after the fact.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

rallydefault

@Eel @kkslider5552000
Ah, ok. Yea... I had a feeling there was probably something else I could have done, but I just kept hacking away lol

rallydefault

Themagusx1

@damien33ad Exactly and I finally beat the game Sunday night and man that final boss battle is awesome.

Themagusx1

Eel

@rallydefault @kkslider5552000 and it’s kinda funny because, throughout the entire game, the skyward strike was only really a puzzle solving tool. I don’t think a lot of people remember you can use it as a ranged attack, to the point where the one time you actually had to use it in combat, Fi had to come in and literally tell you (and you even get a tutorial area first).

Then there’s the final fight and Fi is like “Oh no, you can’t use the skyward strike here, whatever shall we do?!”

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

rallydefault

@Eel
Exactly! Most of the 30+ hours of the game train you to view the skyward strike as a move to activate certain things. The only time I used it as an attack was for the tentacles on the sand ship.

Maybe it would have occurred to me to use it more if I was doing the motion controls, I don't know. I can see how the original Wii controller was perhaps a bit more of a reminder that you're holding a "sword," so maybe it was more of a natural thought on the Wii.

rallydefault

kkslider5552000

Actually, I never thought until right now that Skyward Sword basically went "hey what if we had the sword beam but way more awkward".

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

NintendoByNature

I rolled the credits a little bit ago. The final battle was ok I guess. I liked the last few scenes more than I did the boss fight honestly. It was a solid outing overall.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

k8sMum

I'm enjoying the game more than I did on the Wii. I' m playing mostly on the pro controller but switch to joy cons when I need the sword slashes to be more precise. I failed at the giant scorpion 5 times til I changed to the joy cons and got him the first time.

I will admit that by the time the volcano and mine worlds were done I was totally sick of them and was thrilled to have the boss fight. Knowing I have to return a number of times more doesn't thrill me. I miss a snow world. But I'm doing better this time: on the Wii I got bored part way thru the run up to the mine. Now I'm about to do the tear gathering.

I think the story is very good and is enough to keep me plugging away at worlds I dread.

Switch friend code: SW-2516-0773-8992
Dream Addy: DA-3238-0526-8917

rallydefault

Ok so I have been playing a bit more after I beat it. Gosh darn lol

I just want to get all the hearts, really. And then maybe finish the friendship crystals. We'll see.

Anyway, I finally beat the archery game, but mostly because I was being stupid. I turned on motion which made it a lot easier, and instead of aiming where I thought the pumpkins would land, I started shooting at them around their apex. Much easier and I got the score the first time I switched my strategy.

rallydefault

Eel

A tip for the crystals, just in case since it can be easy to miss this, you can find standalone crystals around skyloft and other islands at night. Talking to Mr. Bats can unlock a dowsing feature for them.

Bloop.

rallydefault

@Eel
Yea, I did unlock the dowsing for them, and I've found quite a few of the single ones. But what do you mean by other island at night? I thought you couldn't fly at night? Or do you mean like the pumpkin island where you can sleep?

rallydefault

WoomyNNYes

Total bull-expletive
The "secret order" to hitting the gems on the lock in the Ancient Cistern.
This was not fun.
This stupid puzzle stopped me dead in my tracks, even with the clues. Maybe this reflects on a major lack of comprehension. I get stumped by some things normal people see clearly.
I had cheat with the internet to continue the game.
Much admiration for anyone that cracked the code on their own.
Having fun with Skyward otherwise.

Did any other brain havers here figure the puzzle clues out on their own?

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

NintendoByNature

@WoomyNNYes I can't remember if I figured it out, or if I got it by trial and error. I want to say it was trial and error.

NintendoByNature

Eel

The game tells you the order, you just need to read a stone slate first, and then look at the symbols around the statue.

Bloop.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic