Forums

Topic: Rumors and games you want on the switch

Posts 161 to 173 of 173

Dom_31

@LinkxPeach The Pokémon Company (and whatever business thingy goes with them, I think it's Ltd.?)

Gamefreak, Creatures and Nintendo are all part of that, but ultimately neither Gamefreak nor Nintendo can actually decide what to release when and in what form.

Dom_31

Sisilly_G

Dom_31 wrote:

If we get the old Pokémon games it'll be as standalone releases with minimal updates/additions for 10-15€/$ and whatever the equivalent in different currencies would be.
And they'll wait to do that until after the 3DS stuff goes offline and require you to buy home on top of it.

Just because it's TPC.

As I would expect too, but we can dream, can't we?

Even if they were to release each game individually, as long as I can own them on cartridge(s), I'm willing to cough up, even if the price would be considered a touch unreasonable by most.

But I would be content with the fact that I would likely never have to buy them again. Tracking down the original GB/GBC cartridges would cost an arm and a leg, not to mention the innate battery issues that they all have.

But really, TPCi should have just included the ROMs for Red/Blue/Yellow with the Let's Go games (Diamond/Pearl/Platinum for their remakes would be less feasible due to the lack of dual-screen, microphone etc.). I'm disappointed that they didn't do the same with the Link's Awakening remake as well considering that it would have required almost no effort on Nintendo's part while offering further value for money for nostalgic fans.

SlashFuture wrote:

Don't know if anybody else has mentioned this here also, but: Tomodachi Life: City Living. Think Animal Crossing City Folk/ Let's go to the City but with a bigger City focus... You could transfer your people from the Miitopia port over to Tomodachi Life: City Living...

There's almost no benefit to transferring Miis from Miitopia to Tomodachi Life as you would still need to customise their personalities, voices, and personal details from scratch.

I do have a theory as to why Tomodachi Life won't be coming to Switch. I suspect that it may surface some years from now (perhaps on the next console) but it is likely to be in a form that will be of no interest to me, which is a shame, because I really loved the 3DS instalment.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Sisilly_G

LinkxPeach wrote:

What does TPC stands for?

TPC - The Pokémon Company
TPCi - The Pokémon Company International

The two are used interchangeably.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Dom_31

@Sisilly_G I think I actually agree with you on wanting the games on cartridges (ALMOST regardless of price, if they do releases with the pairs on their own, so Red+Blue and MAYBE Yellow, for example) I'd pay 30 at most for that.

That's already damn steep but it'd be a nice novelty of sorts

Dom_31

Sisilly_G

@Dom_31 : I would be over to moon to own every main series Pokémon game in a form that I can still play on modern hardware (the GBC isn't ideal given its lack of backlight). I have every main series game from Gen IV to now (and LeafGreen/Emerald from Gen III), and I'm content with those, but considering that the Gen II games are byfar my favourites in the series, it bums me out that I don't own any of them physically (and contrary to popular opinion, I didn't enjoy HeartGold/SoulSilver as much as I had enjoyed the originals, particularly as the balancing issues post-Johto weren't addressed, and that the technical limitations necessary to bringing Kanto to the GBC games were unnecessarily and arbitrarily carried over to the DS remakes).

I can play the Gen I/II games via an emulator and a flash card for my DS (Lite), but I would also appreciate the option to own the games officially (and have the option to play them on a TV).

Edited on by Sisilly_G

Dom_31

@Sisilly_G I doubt they'd do it but can you imagine just how NEAT it would look if they put the GB games on cartridges and made those look like the original games'? 😂

Also sort of agree on HGSS, I definitely prefer playing those and the visuals make them the definitive versions for me but ultimately Kanto was always just a cute little extra and the originals don't exactly play badly whatsoever and are, afaik, also not as broken as RBY were. But it is a shame they didn't do anything with Kanto on the ds. It's still as barren and lame as it was in Gen 1 and 2 (altho I'd argue the GBA remakes for Red and green aren't much better. Kanto is just a boring POS in general)
Let's Go is only more enjoyable because I liked seeing everything in the overworld and the game somehow manage to be more suited to that spinoffs level systems. Kind of. You obviously can just go ballistic on catching every single pokemon and pump your team chock-full of steroid candy but you can do that in all of the games even the ones deemed "more difficult/hardcore" by the clown fandom.

Dom_31

Sisilly_G

@Dom_31 : What I also disliked about Let's Go is that they stuck too closely to the originals, especially regarding content that was due to the Game Boy's limitations. For example, what was stopping Game Freak from programming a visual/cutscene to accompany the interactions with the binoculars in the various lookout points in the game (rather than merely describing what the player can see)? The absence of the Sevii Islands from FireRed/LeafGreen and an expanded Pokédex (with could have included pre and post evolutions introduced in later generations at the very least) were also very disappointing.

Edited on by Sisilly_G

Fizza

I'm personally hoping/praying that we get something with Punch Out before the Switch generation is out. It's become one of my favourite Nintendo series of all time after playing the original and Super on NSO and the fact that we haven't gotten ANYTHING for the series on Switch besides those two ports when one of the selling points of the system is that it comes with TWO SEPARATE CONTROLLERS A LA THE WIIMOTE AND NUNCHUCK OUT THE BOX is mind-boggling to me. I'd honestly even take a port of Wii to be honest: I just want this series to come back in some way, shape or form, it's THAT good dude.
Untitled

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

LinkxPeach

jowe_gv wrote:

@LinkxPeach The Pokemon Company

Thanks.

Nintendo 3DS’s friend code:
4012-5835-9928

Nintendo Switch’s friend code:
SW-0178-5632-1227

https://lxpgaming.blog/

LinkxPeach

jowe_gv wrote:

@LinkxPeach The Pokemon Company

Sorry for the late reply. Thanks.

4012-5835-9928

SW-0178-5632-1227

LinkxPeach

Sisilly_G wrote:

LinkxPeach wrote:

What does TPC stands for?

TPC - The Pokémon Company
TPCi - The Pokémon Company International

The two are used interchangeably.

Thank you.

4012-5835-9928

SW-0178-5632-1227

LinkxPeach

Dom_31 wrote:

@LinkxPeach The Pokémon Company (and whatever business thingy goes with them, I think it's Ltd.?)
Gamefreak, Creatures and Nintendo are all part of that, but ultimately neither Gamefreak nor Nintendo can actually decide what to release when and in what form.

Sorry for the late reply. Thank you.

4012-5835-9928

SW-0178-5632-1227

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic