Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Rumor and Speculation Thread

Posts 801 to 820 of 4,277

skywake

@VoidofLight
I quoted you directly, you meant what you said. COVID breaks any precedent you might think there is. That's all there is to it

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
An opinion is only respectable if it can be defended. Respect people, not opinions

sixrings

@Slowdive I predict Sony is going to release a PS6. I know this sounds crazy but surely it will happen. Just wait six years but if it doesn’t come out that would mean plans changed. And wait another six months. And then another. But eventually I’ll be right and look how smart I am.

sixrings

sixrings

@UndoControl I want you to know I talked to my sources personally. My best friend a develop talked to his ten friends and no one had a development kit so he is denying my prediction. But damn it I am right.

sixrings

Bolt_Strike

@BruceCM Eh, I think we need the dual screen clamshell design back. That article about an XL Switch reminded me... the Switch really doesn't work that well as a handheld. It can't really fit in your pocket that well, and anytime I need to lug it somewhere I end up needing to carry it around inside a carrying case which severely limits where and when I can take it with me. Plus certain games really benefit from an added touch screen, such as RPGs for menus, any gameplay mechanic that involves drawing/pointer precision such as Pokemon Ranger, the Kirby "Curse" series games (Canvas/Rainbow Curse), Mario Maker. I think we've definitely lost something not having it. Is there a reason you don't think Nintendo would ever do it again?

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

BruceCM

Well, mostly that it'd impair the hybrid function, @Bolt_Strike .... Along with the basic idea has been quite well done by them now! I have a Lite & that's about as portable as a 3DS, though! While there are plenty of cases designed for those & the original style Switch to carry them fairly easily Since I play entirely handheld & liked the various DS versions, I'd be very happy if they did come up with something like you're suggesting, though!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

skywake

Slowdive wrote:

P.S. for those who are not familiar with this person; it's a very reliable NVIDIA leaker. The SoC should be based on Orin, with Cortex-A78 CPU cores and Ampere based GPU (which could mean RT?). NVIDIA's Ada Lovelace has been hinted at earlier as well.

I think this is going to be quite a spectacular refresh.

Interesting if so although a bit of an unusual move for Nintendo. Usually they don't push for the bleeding edge. But it's definitely a more efficient microarchitecture so if that was the SoC we're in for a bit of a treat. Could also somewhat ironically end up being pretty much the only Ampere GPU you can get for under a grand.......

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
An opinion is only respectable if it can be defended. Respect people, not opinions

Bolt_Strike

@BruceCM The Switch Lite is handheld only so that's not really a true hybrid. The OG Switch is almost twice as wide as the 3DS and doesn't really fit in your pocket that well (technically it can, but only if you have nothing else in it and even then it usually sticks out a bit so it's not practical to fit it in your pocket). And having a carrying case doesn't really help much, to really work well as a portable it needs to be able to fit in your pocket. Carrying case or not, you'll most likely have to hold it in your hand to take it around with you which limits you from doing other things and makes it easier for someone to steal it. So neither model really fully satisfies the hybrid concept and a clamshell design is still needed.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

JoyBoy

Slowdive wrote:

P.S. for those who are not familiar with this person; it's a very reliable NVIDIA leaker. The SoC should be based on Orin, with Cortex-A78 CPU cores and Ampere based GPU (which could mean RT?). NVIDIA's Ada Lovelace has been hinted at earlier as well.

I think this is going to be quite a spectacular refresh.

Thanks for the explanation but I still don't know what any of that means 😃

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

JoyBoy

Slowdive wrote:

@skywake True. It can basically be very close to the PlayStation 4, something I didn't expect. As for the unusual move forward; during last year's investment meeting Nintendo basically announced a shift when it comes to approaching new technology:

Untitled

Okay so basically a PS4 handheld which sounds kinda insane... But awesome if true. Was that kingdom come game real, coming to switch? Because that sounds like something exclusive to Switch pro since it didn't even run that well on PS4...

Edited on by JoyBoy

SW-7849-9887-2074

WoomyNNYes

Reminding myself, regarding Nintendo revealing new hardware revision before E3, that could mean tomorrow morning. If the revision is real & comming. I am not going to underestimate Nintendo's love for silence, and waiting until the last second. I think keeping sercrets turns Nintendo on.

Plus, I'm still dying to know if covid state of emergency is creating hurdles that could impact Nintendo being ready for E3. Nintendo's prefecture, Kyoto, is under state of emergency. Forgive me if you've seen me say it multiple times before. Every morning I watch NHK Newsline, and they show a map of all prefectures currently under covid state of emergency.

Ah, NHK World<333 Domo. Hai. Daijobou desuka? Sumimasen. Nandesuka? Bmx baiku (that's most of my japanese vocabulary)

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

GrailUK

@Slowdive Whoa. According to that tweet, the Switch refresh is going to be magic!

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

BruceCM

Hmm, it depends on the size of your pockets, @Bolt_Strike .... But I remember looking at 3DSs & even the base one wouldn't fit in most pockets easily, let alone the XL ones! It isn't me you need to convince, though; I'm well up for such a design myself

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

JoyBoy

@Slowdive But Nintendo doesn't want to give us that much! It would set a precedent! 😜

Edited on by JoyBoy

SW-7849-9887-2074

sixrings

SWITCH 1 tereflop
PS4 1.8 tereflop
SWITCH PRO 4 tereflop
Xbox Series S 4 tereflop
PS4 PRO 4.2 tereflop

Is this really realistic?

Edited on by sixrings

sixrings

HotGoomba

Well we only have a few hours left until we can say for sure that the Switch Pro isn't getting announced before E3.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy there.

HotGoomba

@Balta666 well Nintendo can surprise drop it at the last second, but yeah you're right.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy there.

Bolt_Strike

I just had a thought. They sometimes reveal things in the Treehouse that they didn't cover during the E3 Direct. Could it be that they don't talk about the Switch Pro during the Direct but reveal it at the beginning of Treehouse? That could really hype it up and surprise the fans.

Bolt_Strike

VoidofLight

@Bolt_Strike Highly doubt it. The Treehouse will probably just cover games that got announced as they always do. They might reveal some games not put in the presentation as well. If they were really revealing the revision, you'd think they would make it clear beforehand, since most people don't even watch Treehouse live, as they feel it's insufferable.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Moshugan

My prediction is that we're not going to see the Switch Pro during this E3 if they don't reveal it before the first E3 conference which is Ubisoft Forward at noon in Pacific Time and 3 PM in Eastern Time, and 9 PM in Central European Time. Third Party companies like Ubisoft would want to showcase their Switch games as the Pro versions if possible and Nintendo would have to reveal the console before that! This means that as of posting this, Nintendo still has 20 hours to announce the console before Ubisoft's show.

Edited on by Moshugan

My Super Mario Maker 2's Maker ID: R7B-M93-5GF

Nintendo Network ID: Moshugan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic