Forums

Topic: Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle

Posts 361 to 380 of 525

Spoony_Tech

Show me a UBISoft game that doesn't freeze on a Nintendo system and then we can talk.

I'll be picking this up later today. Was busy yesterday and didn't have the time. I need a game I can beat and doesn't take too long.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

TuVictus

It's a very charming game, but the soundtrack is disappointing me. I feel like kirkhope has lost the magic that made me fall in love with his work in the N64 and even early 360 Era. Now, I think David wise has supplanted him as my all time favorite composer, as far as western people go

TuVictus

Nicolai

@Operative2-0 Yeah, I remember people saying that with Yooka Laylee. Personally, I never understood why Kirkhope is so popular, but lately even fans of him seem to always be pleased at the announcement of him working on a game, but disappointed when they hear the result.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Hawkstream

I have put about 3 hours into the game and the best way to describe it is a silly, corny version of Xcom. I'm a big Xcom fan so for me I'm really enjoying it. Though I would have just preferred ... you know... Xcom 2 on Switch. Just saying. But still its a pretty good game.

Hawkstream

Maxz

@maruse This is a difficult question, and one I don't 100% know the answer to, but I've done some research on similar cases which might provide some context.

Firstly, it should be pointed out that games which receive a global release almost invariably get the same version on each of the eShops. So you can change language at will, and if you purchase a game on one eShop, it should register as 'purchased' on all of them. Essentially, wherever you download it, you're getting the same game.

Of course, Mario + Rabbids isn't getting a simultaneous global release, and so we have to shift our expectations. Unlike most games I'm aware of, it's being released in Japan after most of the rest of the world, but because I don't know many other titles like this, I'm going to be comparing it to Puyo Puyo Tetris, which was released in Japan first, and then in English later.

In this case, the two versions were entirely separate; you could download the English version from the EUR eShop, and download the Japanese version from the JPN eShop, and both versions would sit on your device independently (I'm pretty sure about this). Essentially they were treated as different games, so if you wanted the option of playing in two languages, you had to buy two titles (with different save data) separately. This is in contrast to something like Zelda, where all languages came bundled in one version, and you could freely switch between them.

If M+R follows this model, you will have to buy the Japanese version again from scratch, which is unfortunate.

However, what is worth noting is that current version of M+R has just received a Day 1 update, which has patched Simplified Chinese (and I think Russian) into the game. This is the first instance I know of extra languages being added to a complete game post-release, so there may be a chance that Japanese will follow suit.

So it's hard to say. Japanese maybe patched into the existing version when it is released in the country, or there may be a new, separate Japanese only version, which is treated as a separate game.

I'm sorry I can't be of more help, but there's no consistent approach to how different languages are implemented when games receive a delayed release in another country, so it's difficult to know. It might be wiser to wait and see, but I suppose it depends on how much you yourself want to play the game right now.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

JasmineDragon

@Maxz Let me tell you, it's been a lot of fun reading through this entire thread today.

Stage One: LOLZ there is no way this is real, look at the BS these leakers are trying to peddle. I'm so happy that now they will be revealed as the scam artists they are.

Stage Two: OMFG I can't believe Nintendo would let their classic characters be tainted with this shovelware! Lol more crap for the Switch, this is gonna end up being the worst first party game ever. Mario does not use laser cannons! $&**/> you Ubisoft, you have killed the Switch.

Stage Three: I can't believe this is real, but it still looks like garbage. Those environments look terrible, obvious shovelware from Ubisoft.

Stage Four: huh, it looks better than I thought, but nobody likes turn-based strategy anyway, this is gonna bomb so hard.

Stage Five: wait, this is getting positive word of mouth?

Stage Six: OMG THIS LOOKS GREAT!!

Stage Seven: Game of the Year! Unanimous praise! Everybody wants this! Thank you Ubisoft!!

Edited on by JasmineDragon

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

Hawkstream

I don't think anyone has said stage seven.....

Hawkstream

JoyBoy

If anything, this thread shows us that some people lack any imagination.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Qwertyninty

Wife ordered this by mistake from amazon. It arrived and I have to send it back. I want no part of this game.

Qwertyninty

JasmineDragon

Hawkstream wrote:

I don't think anyone has said stage seven.....

Well, maybe not the GOTY part (yet), but the praise IS nearly unanimous. It's an 85 on Metacritic, and even the reviews that score it lowest have a lot of good things to say about it. "Must-have", "amazing" and "an unexpected delight" are in a lot of those reviews.

I totally expect that it will have some nominations for GOTY in various places. Might not win, but will be nominated.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

Hawkstream

Qwertyninty wrote:

Wife ordered this by mistake from amazon. It arrived and I have to send it back. I want no part of this game.

And the point of this post is what exactly?? To say you don't like something you haven't even played?

Hawkstream

Spoony_Tech

@JasmineDragon GotY no but a very good chance at strategy game of the year. GotY is too crowded with 2 (most likely) already being taken by Nintendo games. They usually only nominate 4 to 5 games and I expect Horizon to be in there as well.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

maruse

@Maxz Wow! Thank you for that very thorough answer!
I'm afraid it might end up being two different versions... that's why I haven't bought it yet as much as I want. But I also was intrigued by that Chinese patch...
I guess I'll just have to wait and hope it gets released early 2018.

Updated: by the way, I'm adding you to my Switch friend list if you don't mind

Edited on by maruse

Nickname/user name: マノロ

Switch Friend Code: SW-0173-2422-2348 | Nintendo Network ID: maruse

Maxz

@maruse I'd be very happy to add you! I'm sorry I couldn't give a more conclusive answer.

I actually find it quite strange how they managed to get a complete Chinese translation of the game ready for Day 1, but it will apparently take a good number of months before the Japanese version becomes available.

I mean, Mario is Nintendo's most famous IP, and Nintendo is very much a Japanese company. It's obviously a Ubisoft developed/published title, but the snippets I've heard from development suggest a reasonably close relationship between the two companies.

It seems unlikely that the game couldn't have had a Japanese version on the 29th, so I imagine there are other reasons for holding the title back that I'm unaware of.

But yeah, it's weird, and unfortunate for people in your (and moreso your kids') position.

Edited on by Maxz

HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

maruse

@Maxz Thanks again!

Nintendo works in mysterious ways...

Anyway, there's nothing left but a long wait.

Nickname/user name: マノロ

Switch Friend Code: SW-0173-2422-2348 | Nintendo Network ID: maruse

Maxz

@JasmineDragon I imagine the thread must make interesting reading going from front to back. We all have slices of humble pie to eat, of varying sizes. Somewhat unsurprisingly, those being dished out the biggest slices also seem to have the least appetite for it.

To people's credit, most were at least were prepared to hold out forming concrete opinions until more information became available. Reactions to the concept of a Rabbid-infested Mushroom Kingdom weren't positive, and there was definitely an air of pessimism, but at least most people were cautiously pessimistic about the game, and acknowledged that they had seen very little of the gameplay itself (which is a pretty crucial aspect in judging a game's quality).

But there's always one person who wants to be first to have the edgiest opinion in the room, and so - based on little more than a boxart image and a couple of PowerPoint slides - we already had unflinching proclamations of its inferiority delivered unto the thread, with suitably waspish follow up comments directed at anyone impertinent enough to suggest that it might be sensible to "wait and see".

There's no shame in having a inaccurate first impression when only presented with a glimpse of something, but what is embarrassing is not being able to separate first impressions from well-informed conclusions, and not being able to admit your first impressions were off-target in the first place.

Impressions are inevitable. What matters is what you do with them. Lots of us we're wrong, and are now very happy to be so. Some of us were grumpy, and are now just grumpier.

Edited on by Maxz

HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

BigBadJohn

Quick question and apologies if it's been answered but can you replay stages you've completed to improve your rating. I got through a battle with just a good rating rather than perfect and although I'm fine with it I know I can do better.

SW-5512-0541-9236

Name the movie quote "Toolshed!"

dregs78

This game is way more polished and fun than I thought it was going to be. It's lovely.

dregs78

Spoony_Tech

@BigBadJohn I was wondering the same thing and it so far doesn't look like you can. I'm going to guess we need to beat the game first. Would be crazy if you can't.

MERG said:

Landlord

@BigBadJohn @Spoony_Tech

Yes. I just beat first boss and it unlocked a washing machine by Peaches castle. It's left of the castle and will allow you to choose to replay chapters in order to try and get that gold.

Edited on by Landlord

Switch/Discord ID: Lorde#8278
Switch Friend Code: 4117-092-3537
Xbox: Landlord14

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic