Forums

Topic: Rocket League (Switch)

Posts 661 to 680 of 742

WoomyNNYes

@Tekoii You play Rocket League on PC, I thought. Do you use keyboard & mouse for control? I'm assuming you do. I was just curious.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

tekoii

@WoomyNNYes Naw, I'm a controller casual XD. Even PC games I prefer controllers. I was brought up on the best console of all time the SNES (bit of playful sarcasm there), so I've always had controller in hand when it's gaming. I'd say there are a few games like say Terraria where I would use kb+m, prolly games with heavy use of menus and pointing and stuff.

Edited on by tekoii

πŸ„ MK8D ▢️ Youtube 🎨 DeviantArt

WoomyNNYes

Pro controller drift popped in to ruin a kickoff.πŸ˜‰πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸŒˆπŸŒˆMy pro controller started drifting while playing. Time for new controller.

I know it looks feeble, but when steering drifted left instead of going nice and straight, I had to do what I could to salvage the kickoff.

Pretty sweet, huh @Tekoii?😁

It was supposed to drive straight and front flip, but the drifting stick had other plans. (Play from beginning and my teammates show their double commit skills in the corner, leaving me in a 1v3 situation. Not a great play on my part, but I don't double commit)

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

tekoii

@WoomyNNYes Hoo boy, that gives me mean flash-backs to when I tried to play Okami HD with Drift-Cons. It was such a good time, in fact, that I stopped playing and I sent my Drift-Con back into Nintendo. LOL. Least they repaired em so much so they look brand new. I was surprised when I got mine back without paying cause they are such old joy-con. Hmmm... maybe you can send the Pro Controller over, you never know!

WoomyNNYes

@tekoii What button do you have your Rocket League private chat binded to? When you're on PC, how do you type in private chat while in a match? Just wondering if I'm missing something, or if it's just easier to do on pc.

'Tendo liker

tekoii

@WoomyNNYes I have party chat on 'U' and team chat on 'T'. On PC, the load times are drastically shorter than on the Switch so I'm able to move around super quick. Do you also game on PC sometimes?

WoomyNNYes

@tekoii Oh, I see. On the Switch, the only option is a button bind, and "Text Chat" is the only option. There's no party chat option.

I have an old pc laptop, but it's not something I game on.

'Tendo liker

tekoii

@WoomyNNYes Ahh i see.. dang. I'd say try to get a mid-range PC at some point especially cause PC is multi-functional and could be considered an investment in more ways than one. If you're okay with a desktop even better, cause you can buy something more powerful for a good price. Even a $700 gaming pc runs most games you'd prolly want to play that aren't on the cutting edge.

WoomyNNYes

@tekoii Oh jeeze. Well, I have to have this - unpainted. Planetary goal explosion. It's one of the new tournament rewards. Tough to tell what the voice says. "Planetary, planet, planet"? or "Planetary pilot planet"? There's too much explosion & echo for me to make it out.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

tekoii

@WoomyNNYes Nice, is that rocket pass premium tier reward?? I didn't even realize there was a voice lmao so yea definitely hard to tell. Oh man, goal explosion 69 on the premium tier looks really cool also. Oh a bit of a side note, I've been thinkin on uploading some of my RL replays and stuff

Edited on by tekoii

WoomyNNYes

@tekoii Planetary goal explosion is a tournament reward. So, no rocket pass needed. There are two or three things that look decent in rocket pass, so I bought one(even though it doesn't look exciting otherwise). There's an engine sound, a decal, a paint finish with stars. I didn't see if there's a goal explosion with rocket pass. Or I did see it, and its dumb. But I don't think I saw one. I assume there's one. Don't know how many tiers up it is.

'Tendo liker

tekoii

@WoomyNNYes OH SNAP. Let's go... I just peeped the tourney rewards and so many of them are cool. Defo want that Planetary goal explosion so I guess I gotta hit up some tourneys!

WoomyNNYes

tekoii wrote:

@WoomyNNYes Oh a bit of a side note, I've been thinkin on uploading some of my RL replays and stuff

I've been meaning to post some of my most terrible plays.😁 I think I saved a terrible play recently. I also got real sloppy/lucky with one goal, I think I saved that too. I'll post that sometime today, maybe.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

tekoii

@WoomNNYes Word, I mean you had that one funny one taking the dude for a ride. I can see uploading clips being fun I just got two replays of mine up, check em out.. I literally had to screen record all my replays for an hr, then split them up..1 by 1.. oof!

Save Shot:

Off-Wall Self-Pass Aerial:

Edited on by tekoii

WoomyNNYes

@tekoii Nice. Nice. You doomsy dish'd that sh*t, son!! (your off-wall self pass aerial move.) Nice hoops shot!

I made "along for the ride public" now. It was pretty amusing.

Here's a proper clip of shame. (I had a one or two other clips that were so bad on my part, I'm too embarrassed to show them.πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ)

Ever see what it looks like to demo a Back to the Future Delorean? They go back in time. It's funny. I'd never noticed that before.

Here we see @tekoii's sock account on rocket league, "GCM SNiPER". Jk, maybe he forgot what color team he was on? I was so amazed, I wasn't getting right back up, hence the long slide. I clearly had possession of the ball, heading for the goal. I forgive you GCM SNIPER<3.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

tekoii

@WoomyNNYes Thanks I figured I got a bunch of RL friends and subs, so may as well start sharing my RL content. I love how on the first clip, around 0:08, you pass it into blue and blue passes it into his team mate almost scoring it lmao. Nice save there on that 2nd clip! I dig that wall shot on that 3rd clip, mean. LOL i googled that GCM guy. I thought he was like a pro or something but I didn't see that. And damn you saying I'd be bumping you in game? Idk buddy, that might be you're job lmao. wink

Edited on by tekoii

WoomyNNYes

@tekoii Yeah! I totally almost made them own-goal hard!! lol. It would have been great! But then, one by one, me and my other two teammates all take turns missing an easy goal.πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ

Yeah, you've never bumped me or done anything wild. You're ok with me. I was just being silly.

How about about four more clips, @tekoii?

Awful. Tired & sloppy. Sometimes I don't to push the stick forward enough to flipπŸ‘Œ - which is why I don't hit the ball into the goal at first. THEN, on second attempt, I flipped to the sideπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ, hitting the ball away from the goal, instead of toward goal. Then I miss/whiff defending goal. I thought I had it - definitely didn't.πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

tekoii

@WoomyNNYes Lmao, "take turns missing easy goals", sounds like every RL every match I play. Yikes, on that first clip though, the name really fits xD. And yea, I know you're joking. Oww. Nice follow through shot on that 2nd clip there. That third was pretty tasty too. I like that last play where you took advantage of that one player who isn't being aware. That just goes to show you gotta really be aware where enemies and allies are when playing. I can't say I'm competitive at all really, but I can enjoy a good (or funny stuff) shot or few.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic