Forums

Topic: Rocket League (Switch)

Posts 701 to 720 of 742

tekoii

@WoomyNNYes LOL! Ahh I hear both shorter sessions and snow day. Snow Day is pretty fun. Ehh ull get diamond on that, no problem. Lmao. Yea, huh. The rewards have been lackluster past few times.. And no wonder you don't like me. chases ball 😠 HUP! And yea you'll see me as tekoiiYT, I did change it from tekoii on my Switch so ppl can know I do Youtube stuff. I did clear my friend list as I started doing tube, so now all the people on my friends list are people I know.

πŸ„ MK8D ▢️ Youtube 🎨 DeviantArt

WoomyNNYes

@tekoii Look at all this funny business.

I thought I was playing with tekoii? Oh, there he is!πŸ‘Œ
(This first one is from december.)

Notice what this orange Octane does before scoring. Never seen anyone do that in a corner before. Thousands of hours, or just random?

Other team blocking my clear with authority.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

tekoii

@WoomyNNYes Lmfao. That gave me a serious chuckle. I love how as you score you save us from rule#1. And yea, some funny business goin on there.. lol 🀣🀣 That guys snow day shot was cool, but that save you got in video 3 was pretty serious.

Edited on by tekoii

WoomyNNYes

@tekoii Don't know if you noticed. There's a FLEX decal for dominus in tournament rewards. I know how you roll. πŸ™ƒπŸ‘Œ I'm too lazy to pull a pic from my switch to post in here, though. Forgive the venom pic.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

tekoii

@WoomyNNYes LOL! Or or or, maybe... you know how I flex ><! Ba dum tiss. This venom pic lacks a pigeon, 7/10!

Edited on by tekoii

OorWullie

I haven't been able to play a game of this all day, since updating my Switch. I checked their Twitter page to see if it's down but there's nothing about it. I've never known the servers to be down as long as this. I'm guessing it's related to the Switch update.

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Mr Mustard πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡­
SW-6101-8403-1640

πŸ•ΉοΈ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards πŸ•ΉοΈ

WoomyNNYes

@OorWullie You know, after I got the update last night, my NSO news stuff wouldn't load, which I've never seen that before. It sat blank, never populated. Perhaps reconnecting to stuff may be a temporary issue after the update. I may have rebooted again manually, (but I don't know if that had any affect). Stuff worked after that manual reboot, though, last night.

I just tried. For 3v3 casual, I was able to get a match ok for regions US east & US west. It wasn't the quickest, though. One attempt sat there for a bit. I quit, then searched again. Population status read as "GOOD" (which can mean more waiting than normal, at least for me).

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

OorWullie

@WoomyNNYes Rebooted my Switch, turned on the game.... same! What the hell man. I'm just one game away from reaching level 800 and getting a new profile border. I don't understand what's going on.

Just tried clearing the cache, a step that was recommended to try. Still the same. Went in to my save data and I think I've found the issue. It says 'an error has occurred'. When I click on it, I get....

Untitled

If I choose 'back up save data' or 'download save data', I get this message...

Untitled

I'm too scared to proceed.

Edit - I just took the risk and proceeded with backing up my data and SUCCESS! I'm back on. No idea why that happened but I'm just so glad it's over. Been bothering me all day.

Edited on by OorWullie

SW-6101-8403-1640

WoomyNNYes

@OorWullie Regarding Rocket Leauge save data conflict on the Switch, I think I've encountered that at least three times. It is scary to get that warning about downloading your save data from the cloud & overwriting the save data on the console, but I've never noticed anything missing in the game after I've done it.

Glad you got things running again!

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

tyranny_life

Seems some active players on RL Switch.
I cannot enjoy it on Switch, as the input lag is unbearable! I’m Champ 2 on pc, but I play on weak 13” laptop with no graphics card and horrendous visuals and resolution.
The game looks way better on Switch than my laptop, but the input lag makes it unplayable.
I wish we could get enough people on board to make enough noise about this issue that psyonix would actually address the issue!

tyranny_life

WoomyNNYes

@tyranny_life A lot of people seem to have a hard time going from pc to switch or console.

Although, I suspect your lag issue could be your hdtv. When I play Rocket League on the Switch with my tv, it works great. Splatoon 2 works great too.

However, when I visit my brother, play Rocket League on his Xbox One, there's serious input lag. It's really distracting and hard to be accurate. I had a hard time believing the xbox one was the source of the lag. So, I decided to test his tv. I plugged my Switch into his tv, and then I had the same lag with Rocket League, just like with his xbox. So, in this case, his tv was the source of the lag. When I bring my switch home, and plug it back into my tv, no lag.

I won't claim to be an expert on this stuff, but this is a scenario I discovered.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

tyranny_life

@WoomyNNYes I appreciate the reply. I know televisions can be an issue.
A little background, I started playing RL back when it first released and was free for playstation+ subscribers. Played casually for a while, didn't play for a couple years then came back and got serious. On PS4 I didn't notice input lag. But then after playing on PC, going back to PS4 or even Xbox series x I can notice it. But it's slight and mostly noticable by contrast of playing on PC. Switch in the other hand, is much worse. Handheld, tv, or even on my high refresh gaming monitor. All bad. Tv is the worst, but even handheld or on the gaming monitor it still feels terrible compared to any other system I've played.
This includes joycon attached or Bluetooth. Switch pro controller via USB, or Bluetooth. And I have an 8bitdo controller as well. All very high input latency.
Believe me I've tried everything because I've put more hours into RL than any other game ever. Haha.
I have read v-sync could be a huge contributing factor, and that's it's always "on" on switch, with no option to disable.
Plenty of other games, especially first party Nintendo games I don't feel or notice this input lag.

tyranny_life

WoomyNNYes

I got crushed so thoroughly trying the new Knockout mode, and I gave up. Shame there's not a practice version of it. Anyone else have any luck with the new mode?

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

WoomyNNYes

@tekoii I like it. I guess, pick wheels you like, or wheels that you feel fit the scene. I would expect that I'd need to do some practice drawings to try stuff out. Some choices might be harder than expected to draw. Thankfully, the game lets you rotate your car to use it as a model. And you can look at other Rocket League marketing to look for something to use. You've probably done all this. XD

When in doubt, a classic five spoke, or something basic/cartoonish that fits with the hand drawn style you have.

Side note, when I saw the Yuletide Rocket Boost in the Item Shop yesterday, it made me wish they offerred that one christmas boost that says, "Ho, Ho, Ho". I've wanted that bad. Although, I think that might be something that will never come to the item shop.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

tekoii

@WoomyNNYes Thanks That's true. Hey it'd be nice to see your pieces! Could always get back to it. I used to draw as a kid, and now I'm back into it, thanks to my YT. It's been great though, sometimes its peaceful to just sit back, chill and draw. And LMAO. You're so right about that, I did do all of those things... You never know, it may come some day or you might just get it in a drop

WoomyNNYes

I dare say, this Spooky Cube mode in Rocket League's Haunted Hallows is quite fun. While its bounce is hard to predict, it's easier to shoot at the goal if you hit it. It's quite a fun balance. And it looks awesome. Team colors are fluorescent green vs fluorescent pink. I played for hours last night. I got crushed the first couple games, but then I got more patient with the bounce and had a great time playing.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

OorWullie

Just scored my greatest ever goal. I could never do fancy stuff like this but something just clicked. I felt in total control and was confident of landing that crucial final touch.

I'm well chuffed with myself.

SW-6101-8403-1640

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic