Forums

Topic: Rocket League (Switch)

Posts 681 to 700 of 742

WoomyNNYes

@tekoii Haven't played in a couple days, but I had these clips on deck from the other day.

This fellow was clearing the backboard with an fancy air dribble, but.... πŸ˜‰

And well, you know I like blocking clears & scoring.😊 I grin ear to ear when these happen.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

WoomyNNYes

@tekoii I watched the first half of your stream so far. At 18:32 of your stream, you could have easily prevented a goal if you would have rotated to the far post/back post of the goal. You will rank up faster if you more consistently rotate back post. I don't know if you've ever seen anyone talk about it - forgive me if you have. Kudos to playing while talking/streaming. I don't think I could play rocket league well if I was talking/streaming. Anyway, I think this CBELL video is the best video on the subject πŸ‘Œ, even though it's titled "Corner Mistakes".https://youtu.be/KglwFAU-bl4

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

tekoii

@WoomyNNYes Nice, like the clips man with the long aerial in the 1st and with that slick block in the 2nd. You're a solid and experienced player. I'm not the biggest Rocket League player, and haven't really tried to go up in rank. I'm sure though if I wanted I could. And ahh I see in 18:32, I agree I could have pulled an easy save, but I thought that the guy who went for break would have went back to post to clear way before I even needed to. If you look at the footage he doesn't rotate back after missing break. I was following up the other side for clears rather than saves, and I thought my ally on top near the pass should have seen an easy clear there too. I just feel like going back to the post in that situation is only one solution and ignores the other angles that come from a broken meta. I've made so many shots that I had to deliberately break meta and rotation patterns to do. Then again, I'm also the type of guy who prefers to just chill and play Smash online with items on instead of going hardcore 1v1 XD. Btw, big ups man for joining my livestream Really appreciate you coming through and watching it too!!

Edited on by tekoii

πŸ„ MK8D ▢️ Youtube 🎨 DeviantArt

WoomyNNYes

@tekoii
Oh, wow. I thought I made a couple notable saves, but it turns out, you had them, and I was unintentionally double committing (like a boss?). Sorry about that. I was scrambling, and losing awareness of my teammates.

#1) After kickoff, I wasn't ready to get the ball as it hit the wall. And I didn't see the guy from other team coming in. And then that hairy save. I dare say, this is part of why I believed these guys were smurfing. I'm not used to seeing such a bold kickoff attack in from the other team in platinum. Actually, I don't think I've ever seen that in platinum.

#2) So, did you have this clear below under control? When I made the second save here, I thought you were the other team at first. Video shows I was wrong.

#3) Scoring a decent aerial below. There was a good play I think you made, but when I checked my clips, the Switch only got the explosion after the goal. So, the clip didn't save. Every once in a while, the Switch won't save a full 30 second clip - inexplicably.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

tekoii

@WoomyNNYes Well thing is... I feel like double commits happen even with rotations proper. The most important thing for me is adapting to changing situations, that's how I'm good all-around. Soooo many times, I see players NOT know what to do when they mess up, or they start panicking.

#1, we both basically saved it just double commited, which is okay as long as we recover or 3rd picks up slack, but if all that fails, enemy scores.
#2, Yea XD. Those blocks I do in that clip I have different out angles for the clear.
#3, I'd say that's a pretty sick shot. That's an example of the adapting I was on about, and plus you broke out of rotation to make that shot which to me is fine, I think 3rd and I after should foresee and adapt to the changes in that broken rotation.

WoomyNNYes

@tekoii Do you have air roll left or air roll right bound to any buttons on your controller? I'm assuming yes, for at least one. Which buttons did you bind them to?

'Tendo liker

tekoii

@WoomyNNYes I actually don't have them bound to anything. I do have air rolls set to RT and drift also set to RT. I just do air rolls left and right manually.

tekoii

@WoomyNNYes Oops derp. I'm the same way I got it mapped on LT not RT XD. I got into Champ Tourneys ... but still NO Planetary goal explosion T^T. Had you gotten it yet?

WoomyNNYes

@tekoii Do I have Planetary goal explosion?πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”

I love the drift turn after scoring.😁😁😁

I got real lucky with the gold rewards cups and landed Planetary like a day before when we played together. I've really struggled with previous seasons to get what I want. I still haven't unlocked the All Star cup. I played 3 tourneys after the above video with you. Lost first game twice. Lost second game on the other. Oof!

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

tekoii

@WoomyNNYes LOL didn't notice when we were playing. But... WHY! It's like everyone except me has it... Meh all good, least u got the hype-est goal explosion in that whole tourney. AND LOL. I re-watched the video just to see the drift. Somehow I'm satisfied XD. I just gotta keep up with the sad tourney grind I guess . Anything new in the All-Star cup?

Edited on by tekoii

WoomyNNYes

@tekoii The goal explosion is the reward for challenge on Rocket League Side Swipe. Before monday, I had no idea where people were getting it. It took about two hours of playing Side Swipe to get the twenty wins. Just milk the newb rank you start with in each of the three modes in Side Swipe: 1v1, 2v2, 2v2 Hoops.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

tekoii

@WoomyNNYes All I got to say to you good sir is... WoW! XD Naw im playin, but yo thanks dude, no way I would have known about this had you not told me. Looks like I gotta be downloadin and playin ^^ How is it?

WoomyNNYes

@tekoii It's well designed. It works way better than I expected. It won't make me a mobile/tablet game player, but it is good.

'Tendo liker

tekoii

@WoomyNNYes Yea, it looks pretty good from the footage I've seen... Looks like fun to just mess around with though!! I'll 1v1 you XD

Edited on by tekoii

WoomyNNYes

@tekoii Weird, rocket league item shop's daily items are missing on switch/console. Is it missing for you on PC too?πŸ€”

'Tendo liker

tekoii

@WoomyNNYes Haven't seen ya on RL lately, haven't been playing lately? OR am I just loggin on when you're not on lol. I was gonna get your friend code off there so I can add ya.

WoomyNNYes

@tekoii I'm on there ALL THE TIME😠😠😠. haha. Just messing. I've been on most days, but my sessions have been shorter. Was playing Snow Day a bit. I went from gold to plat 3 in snow day, no diamond though. It's tough in there. I've only hit diamond in Rumble. Now, we just have to wait to see what the s**t diamond reward will be at the end of the season. March 9 is end of the season.

Oh! Have you ever looked up my stats on rocket league? You have like double the wins, goals, maybe even matches, that I have, EXCEPT saves. I have almost as many saves as you. It's funny. I can't stand offensive triple commits, or leaving the goal wide open like most ball chasers.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic