Forums

Topic: Rocket League (Switch)

Posts 641 to 660 of 742

120frames-please

@WoomyNNYes Nice! I'll have to do that too, at least for October. I bought Rocket League on cartridge for Switch a while back just because I like the game so much I wanted a physical version. I ended up with the batman dlc cart release, so I've got that goal explosion. I use my Switch RL account on xbox also. But on PC and Playstation I don't think I have the bats. I feel like I'm a Rocket League player, not a videogamer. I just dabble in other games. I can't even get through Metroid 5 because I'm too busy with RL all the time.

120frames-please

WoomyNNYes

@120frames-please Yeah, I've been tempted lately to buy a physical copy. I originally bought digitally because I wasn't sure if I'd like the game. Now, when I look around, I'm surprised with how pricey the physical version is for the Switch. So, I haven't moved on it.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

WoomyNNYes

@Tekoii I can never keep it long enough to earn diamond season rewards. I just had four losses in a row in diamond 1. All of my diamond teams were worse than my plat III teams. It's amazing. I don't understand it.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Dogorilla

@WoomyNNYes I assume you still have to have that goal explosion unlocked, it doesn't give it to you for free?

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

WoomyNNYes

@Dogorilla Yeah, I have the Batman goal explosion. But until now, the explosion couldn't be used with other cars. I didn't like the low batman car hitbox, so I never really got to use that cool-as-hell batman explosion - it's been rotting in my inventory since 2018.

I thought the Batman car & Batman goal explosion came with my eshop purchase of Rocket League Ultimate Edition version of the game? Or, if I'm wrong, I bought the DLC pack. It's been so long, I don't recall.

It was the Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice pack. https://store.steampowered.com/app/438690/Rocket_League__Batm...

**There was a also DC Heroes pack that had two other batman cars, but I don't think the explosion came with that pack.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Dogorilla

@WoomyNNYes Are there any cool goal explosions you can get for free? I've got quite a few decent customisation options without paying for anything but I don't think I have any goal explosions other than the default ones (but I haven't played in a while so I might be forgetting something).

Funky Kong

tekoii

@WoomyNNYes That's why you need me there XD! Naw, who am I kidding... if I were there we'd lose faster...I'd say just do rumble to get easy rewards meh just for the season.

🍄 MK8D ▶️ Youtube 🎨 DeviantArt

WoomyNNYes

@Dogorilla Is there a goal explosion you're after?

Free, well you've seen what it's like playing free. Playing tournaments and buying tournament reward cups with your tournament credits is the only other way you can free goal explosions.(I think) It may be a good grind, though, unless you're playing diamond or higher in tournaments. I played tournaments this summer until I got the Ball Star goal explosion (mainly platinum rank tournament games). I may have played 10-15 tournaments until a reward cup I purchased yielded the Ball Star explosion.

I will say buying Rocket Pass at the beginning of the season will get you LOTS of items if you play often. ($10 USD here for the three month season). Half of my goal explosions are from previous seasons of Rocket Pass seasons. A few were free, or from tournaments. I bought a few with blueprints. Even if you don't love the rocket pass items, your boosted XP mulitiplyer will level you up more often which will give you more chances at getting a random goal explosion. (i'm not crazy about this season's Yeehaw explosion the cowboy hat with "pew! pew! pow! bang!")

I'm curious to see what next season will bring, which starts november 17.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

WoomyNNYes

tekoii wrote:

@WoomyNNYes That's why you need me there XD! Naw, who am I kidding... if I were there we'd lose faster...I'd say just do rumble to get easy rewards meh just for the season.

Have you gotten diamond rewards playing rumble? Is it easier there to get to diamond? When I've played dropshot or snow day, I've never gotten higher ranks than 3v3, I don't think.

'Tendo liker

tekoii

@WoomyNNYes Yea, I have xD. It's pretty easy to get into diamond when it comes to rumble. Rumble comebacks are pretty crazy tho lol. It's definitely easier than getting diamond in other modes I'd say.

Edited on by tekoii

Dogorilla

@WoomyNNYes Nothing specific, I just wanted something cool, lol. I've never played any tournaments but I'll have a look at them next time I go on the game.

Funky Kong

dugan

Thanks for the heads up. I am not even a batman fan, but I like the explosion!

dugan

tekoii

@Dogorilla Tourney's are cool, they give (I think) exclusive rewards from the points you earn for tourney. I found myself most enjoying and improving in RL when I explore all the different modes Me and @WoomyNNYes go on win streaks fairly often when we do manage to play together.

Dogorilla

@tekoii I don't often bother with competitive ranked modes in online games (unless they have unique modes/features like in Splatoon) but I did enjoy playing ranked games in ARMS when that came out so maybe I would like Rocket League tournaments. Just got to find the time to play it (hence my signature)!

Funky Kong

tekoii

@Dogorilla I hear ya on that. I'm not actively a competitive player but there are of course the times that I do get the feeling. Lmao, I feel you even more on the signature. Give the tourneys a shot they can be a lot of fun especially because you get points for rewards by the end of it.

WoomyNNYes

@tekoii Did you try Gotham City Rumble ? (it's in casual modes). The Batman search light in the sky of the stage is really freaking cool. - power ups are Batman/Joker/Mr Freeze themed, too. (I may have bought The Dark Knight batman explosion last night, too, since it was $5. ...It's too cool. )

And thanks for helping me get Diamond rewards for the first time, via Rumble. I never thought about rumble. Guess I need to learn the power ups in Rumble. I have a hard time telling the difference between a few of the power ups. Like, the hooks - which hook does what. I need to go look it up, I guess. ....Yeah, I was like a dear in headlights taking everything in, trying to learn.

@Dogorilla There's a couple decent new Batman/Joker themed boosts in the new challenges that just launched. They're pretty easy to get. There's a Batman boost, and a Joker boost. Use "Faking" quick chat in 5 matches for Joker boost.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

tekoii

@WoomyNNYes Lol yea, one of my buddies queued us up for it. I take it you're a "I'm Batman" (gravely batman voice) fan lol. I'm not the biggest fan but he is more one of those American super heroes I do really like, like Iron Man (especially Downey's depiction).

Yea dude np, it was a ton of fun.. we won like almost every game. Yea, the power-ups take a bit of getting used to if you haven't frequented rumble, but you'll get it np. I didn't know about the Joker boost though, so all you gotta do is say "Faking" 5x in quick chat? Ohh and off topic but, that NSO price, oof ><;

Edited on by tekoii

WoomyNNYes

@tekoii Yeah, Joker boost = use "Faking" in 5 online matches.

Batman is fine, superhero movies are fine, I don't seek them out, maybe I'll watch them when they come to TV, but the Batman explosions are just awesome!😁 (I liked Man of Steel the other week) When you boot the game up again, open up this weeks challenges, it's a page of like 12 Batman themed items. A few are decent. While playing last night, I managed to get all but two.

Yeah, that NSO expansion is SO overpriced. Nintendo went mad. I don't want to play Mario Kart 64 that bad. I hope NSO expansion flops at that price point and they reduce the price. .....or give it away free with a regular NSO sub, or a serious discount around black friday/holiday season. I could see it getting a discount at, or just after, Christmas.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Dogorilla

@WoomyNNYes Oh nice, thanks for the heads up.

Funky Kong

tekoii

@WoomyNNYes Wow, the Batman and Joker boosts are dope. Ahh man for NSO, I'm so turned off on it. What baffles me the most is that they try to make it more valuable by adding the Animal Crossing DLC, when NOT everyone plays Animal Crossing still. It would have been better had they separated the two completely or offered just the NSO expansion on it's own. I wanted to even stream N64 games but the price point makes me feel scummy for even wanting to stream it. I do hope you're right about the discounts though..

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic