Forums

Topic: Rocket League (Switch)

Posts 621 to 640 of 742

konbinilife

I played RL when it first released. It was free on PS+ and I played casually. then about 1 year later I bought it on PC and started playing nonstop.
Needless to say I bought it on Switch when it released...
Switch version BY FAR the worst! the input lag is crazy bad. wired/bluetooth/handheld/docked with high refresh gaming monitor/..... doesn't matter. The input lag makes it so incredibly un-fun.
I'm ranked Champ on PC. i can't stand it on switch to play enough to even have a rank.
Everytime there is a big update I download it again on Switch only to be disappointed that they haven't fixed it.
At one point I only had a potato laptop (so 720 minimum settings and barely 30fps, couldn't even see across the field) and that was still preferable to playing on Switch.
They won't even acknowledge the issue, let alone fix it.

konbinilife

WoomyNNYes

Everyone knows PC has the least input lag. If I'm up against diamond or grand champ, positioning and mechanics are what prevail. Not saying the Switch is equal to PC, but the issue doesn't rise to dumpster fire you're essentially trolling about.

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

konbinilife

@WoomyNNYes I'm not trolling about anything. It is objectively worse.
Positioning and mechanics are obviously important. but guess what, the input lag affects both of those things.
I just don't understand why they dont address the issue. I've seen it theorized that v-sync could be a culprit. and there is no option to turn it off on console. But, it plays well enough on Playstation.
I can only notice a very slight input lag on playstation if I compare to pc. But the Switch input lag is much worse than playstation. and if you go straight from PC to switch, it does indeed feel like a dumpster fire.
I wish they would allow this game to run with incredibly simplied models and textures (basically it could look like a smooth N64 game) and run well on anything. The gameplay is what matters.
But the revenue they generate is from cosmetic items so they keep inflating the game size with millions of fancy-graphic items.

konbinilife

WoomyNNYes

YESS! I finally unlocked All-Stars Cup tournament rewards! It unlocks if you make to the finals in diamond rank tournaments. My 3v3 team came so close to winning. Wow, does that mean I would have unlocked Champion tournaments? Oof. lol.

Untitled

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

WoomyNNYes

@tekoii For 3v3, I'm currently plat 3. I've gotten to Diamond 1 several times in the past couple months (solo queuing), But its tough to keep. I'm consciously working on things in training that are uncofortable/new to me; improving my offsense, keeping possession, 50/50s, wall play. I can't quite double tap yet (I can self pass to the wall and put it in, but it's quite double tap). I'd say my positioning, spacing, rotations are decent. (back post defense).

I was platinum for 8 months 1v1, hit diamond here and there April-May, but ever since Season 3, the meta changed, and now, half or more people clearly have refined skills of a diamond/champion (smurfing) - They're probably on their second accounts, often their usernames are meaningless, nonsense usernames like you just made something up as a back up.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

tekoii

@WoomyNNYes Damn nice dude, I hear all of that. I feel like it's the fact the game went free to play helps raise that skill ceiling. A lot of people hopped on and started really playing the game. It's also people like us improving over time too. We're about the same rank, we should team up sometime. I'm also diamond in 3s, but also in hoops. I'm prolly plat 2 rn rn but sounds like it'd be fun to play with ya win or lose Ya play on Switch right? I'm on PC so the friending situation may be a little weird lol.

Edited on by tekoii

๐Ÿ„ MK8D โ–ถ๏ธ Youtube ๐ŸŽจ DeviantArt

WoomyNNYes

@tekoii I gave up on trying to play with friends because, when I'm in the mood to party up, or do a tourney, nobody else is on, or they're already playing with other people, or I'm just letting off steam in casual, not warmed up.

I use a pro controller, but have with a keyboard plugged in for typing/chat purposes in-game - so I can be super cool like a PC guy.(keybaords just plug n play when you plug them into the dock. No prep needed.)

I'm terrible at the hoops. I'm a drop shot guy, as far as extra modes go. I was plat I for a while in drop shot, but since the new meta, I've been stuck at gold II, III.

Yeah, I have a theory that free to play people have thinned out since vaccines came out and opened up the job world a bit.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

tekoii

@WoomyNNYes I sent over the friend request, should show up as 7ekoii for epic games, and tekoii for Steam. Wanna play rn?

Edited on by tekoii

WoomyNNYes

@tekoii Oh, I would, but my brother & nieces are arriving any minute. They're visiting for the weekend. After this weekend, I'll be on more.

'Tendo liker

tekoii

@WoomyNNYes Ahh for sure for sure, awh! Gonna spend time with family? Have a great time man And yea we'll find time to play sometime. I can't say I'm always playing games, but every now and then I'm on and ill try to get a few games going. For switch though, I hope I can get more games in since I've joined here ><.

Edited on by tekoii

tekoii

@WoomyNNYes Hmm. Can't say I really know of her, but I see. She's gotta be good in terms of RL if shes a RL tuber.

Edited on by tekoii

WoomyNNYes

Can anybody speedflip on the Switch? I've been doing the speedflip test training pack, and I can't get the extra speed.

If you can speedflip, did you do a button bind for speedflips?

@tekoii

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

tekoii

@WoomyNNYes Ohh uhm naw, I never usually speed flip on break. I'm such a weird off-meta player... I just feel like calculated break of rotations can help prevent your team from being too predictable and rigid. But yea, I'm not exactly like dedicated to RL as many of the great players, but hey some casual competitive fun every now and again is fun

WoomyNNYes

My favorite setups lately.
Can you tell I like the sky blue Chakram wheels?

Fennec - white Ombre decal
Untitled
Untitled

Octane - Monstercat decal w corroded metal finish.
Untitled
Untitled

If I'm feeling silly, the Bus with ectoplasm decal. The pink or green bus looks great!
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

WoomyNNYes

Not sure how new this is, Console players can now use Batman goal explosion on any car. It used to be exclusive to the batman car, couldn't be used on other cars. It may sound trivial, but that explosion is awesome. I couldn't set the Batman goal explosion to my fennec fast enough. This is great! @dugan @Dogorilla @120frames-please @OorWullie

Untitled

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic