Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Online Subscription Service Thread

Posts 1,581 to 1,600 of 2,230

MsJubilee

GameOtaku wrote:

It’s as useless as teats on a boar hog!

Sorry for butting in. What you wrote here is hilarious. I might use this on someone one day.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Snatcher

@GameOtaku LMAO, you did not say, My god thats funny, Useless as Teats on a Boar Hog. That, Man I laughed to hard at that.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

MajinSoul

@OdnetninAges It's the former as in the new renewal date will be October 2022. You are basically purchasing a full year of NSO when buying the expansion pack but you get a discount based on the months you had remaining in your current subscription.

MajinSoul

Nintendo Network ID: UtoKid | Twitter:

skywake

@MsJubilee @Snatcher
It's an odd way to say "as useless as tits on a bull" but I'll allow it. What's the bet the automod censors that.... it didn't!

Anyways, I'm going to stop poking the bear. Clearly my posts aren't being read

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Grumblevolcano

I watched the Nintendo Life videos on the N64 games and the online situation is hilariously bad in an entertaining to watch way. Interested in what other games would sound like when playing online with others that are far away.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Clyde_Radcliffe

So many of the complaints about NSO emulation are outright lies or misinformation. It's kind of pissing me off.

• People complaining about input lag that was present in the original games
  • People complaining about music turning off in Mario Kart 64 when you can toggle it with L button
  • People posting pictures of the Japanese version of Ocarina of Time which had different textures (eg, the water) to mislead people about the emulation quality
  • People complaining about bad internet for online play when we can see on the video they have only one bar of WiFi and literally a message on screen saying their internet is unstable
  • People complaining about the controls on Sin and Punishment not working when they're not playing it right and don't understand you use the d-pad to move the character and the right stick to aim... as for why the left analogue stick doesn't let you move but just aims your gun like the right one, that was ALWAYS the case and part of the design because they wanted both left and right handed people to be able to play the game!

I'm not saying there's not legitimate complaints such as not being able to save Ghost Data in Mario Kart 64 or customise the controls in-app but a lot of this stuff is just complete bull...

Edited on by Clyde_Radcliffe

Clyde_Radcliffe

GameOtaku

@skywake
I did and the value of outright buying individual titles beats renting and losing them and not getting the titles you wanted. You are getting more value out of VC being customizable rather than a third party curated list that’s tailored to no one. If they offer to sell me again what I already own I’ll turn it down unless past purchases on vc are honored and just buy only the newer ones.

GameOtaku

GameOtaku

@Clyde_Radcliffe
Dpad to move and left stick to aim? God that is an awful control scheme you’d have to use 3 hands (2 on one joycon and one for the other).

GameOtaku

skywake

GameOtaku wrote:

@skywake
I did and the value of outright buying individual titles beats renting and....

you didn't

theskywakeyoudidntread wrote:

Now if you value other things more? More power to you. I get it. I'm the dude who spends $100s on vinyl despite having Spotify. Just.... don't even bother trying to tell me NSO is more expensive than the VC was

also....

GameOtaku wrote:

It’s a common saying here in the South. You know in a rural area where internet is not so easily available.

I think if anyone in this thread has a monopoly on poor internet, vulgar slang and in actually being properly south it'd be the dude from Australia. Just saying

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Clyde_Radcliffe

GameOtaku wrote:

@Clyde_Radcliffe
Dpad to move and left stick to aim? God that is an awful control scheme you’d have to use 3 hands (2 on one joycon and one for the other).

Sorry, meant to put right stick to aim. Typo!

Clyde_Radcliffe

NintendoByNature

What day are we on now, 4 or 5 of the same conversation? 🤣

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

@skywake I hope not... it feels like groundhogs day and unfortunately, no one in here seems to be as funny as Bill Murray

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

1UP_MARIO

Is it 3pm yet.

Edit sorry wrong thread

Edited on by 1UP_MARIO

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Clyde_Radcliffe

I do have to agree with those who say Ocarina of Time looks ugly. 😕 In truth it could really do with a complete remake. Imagine it remade with BOTW engine/controls...

Edited on by Clyde_Radcliffe

Clyde_Radcliffe

MsJubilee

Clyde_Radcliffe wrote:

I do have to agree with those who say Ocarina of Time looks ugly. 😕 In truth it could really do with a complete remake. Imagine it remade with BOTW engine/controls...

Well, what do you expect? It's an N64 game. N64 games have aged like milk. I don't see the appeal to pay this much to play them.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

GameOtaku

If you are taking full advantage of the service it may be a great deal. However only wanting to play a select few games offline with limited to no internet service is a deal breaker. Those 80 games have on VC I don’t have to pay for again nor am I going to lose access to them (at least not in the foreseeable future. You haven’t taken into account sales and discounts for the games on VC so you could pay less. That $50 price tag is a constant however. Just look at the current drip feed of games. If none of the games released currently interested you on VC then you wouldn’t buy them. With this though you are given them anyway for $50 a year even if they only added 8 games (2 per nes, snes, 64 and Genesis) you still pay that price! Sure you may pay more one year than that if the offerings are decent on VC but overall the value is better to the individual consumer with that in mind.
If it was every single game ever published on all the consoles on offer and you didn’t need to check in weekly then it may be a good offer! But it’s not. We are at the mercy of some Nintendo employees dropping random games and even more random intervals.

How is that saying vulgar? I’ve heard it all my life. I didn’t drop any fbombs or anything inflammatory.

Edited on by GameOtaku

GameOtaku

Clyde_Radcliffe

MsJubilee wrote:

Clyde_Radcliffe wrote:

Well, what do you expect? It's an N64 game. N64 games have aged like milk. I don't see the appeal to pay this much to play them.

Not all of them. I'd say Mario Kart 64 and Zelda Ocarina of Time have aged poorly but the other games have aged surprisingly well. I played Sin and Punishment for the first time last night and it looked great, was hard to believe it was an N64 game. Mario Tennis held up really nicely too and Star Fox 64.

Clyde_Radcliffe

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic