Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Online Subscription Service Thread

Posts 1,601 to 1,620 of 2,232

Snatcher

@GameOtaku I'm using it for later.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Caperfin

MsJubilee wrote:

Clyde_Radcliffe wrote:

I do have to agree with those who say Ocarina of Time looks ugly. 😕 In truth it could really do with a complete remake. Imagine it remade with BOTW engine/controls...

Well, what do you expect? It's an N64 game. N64 games have aged like milk. I don't see the appeal to pay this much to play them.

aged like milk? i've never heard that expression

Playing the new Warcraft game as a Shaman Tank.
[url=https://www.bbcode.org/images/lubeck.jpg][/url]

Nicktendo64

With the number of N64 titles datamined and listed alphabetically, I thought I'd list them and provide my guesses for the missing titles. I have commented where the titles are either released, confirmed, highly likely (1st party or very popular amongst other options) and just a pure guess. Let me know if you think I may have gotten any wrong or if there are other likely candidates

1. Title Comment
    1 Banjo Kazooie Confirmed
    2 Banjo Tooie Highly Likely
    3 Blast Corp
    4 Cruis'n' USA/Conkers Bad Fur Day Likely Cruis'n'
    5 Diddy Kong Racing
    6 Donkey Kong 64 Highly Likely
    7 Dr Mario 64 Released
    8 Excitbike 64 Highly Likely
    9 F-Zero X Confirmed
    10 Goldeneye/Jet Force Gemini Likely JFG
    11 Kirby 64 Confirmed
    12 Mario Golf Confirmed
    13 Mario Kart 64 Released
    14 Mario Party 1 Highly Likely
    15 Mario Party 2 Highly Likely
    16 Mario Party 3 Highly Likely
    17 Mario Tennis Released
    18 Mischief Makers
    19 Mystical Ninja
    20 Mystical Ninja 2 Possibly something else
    21 Paper Mario Confirmed
    22 Perfect Dark Highly Likely
    23 Pilotwings 64 Highly Likely
    24 Pokemon Puzzle League
    25 Pokemon Snap Confirmed
    26 Pokemon Stadium 1 or 2
    27 Rayman 2
    28 Ridge Racer 64
    29 Sin & Punishment Released
    30 Star Fox 64 Released
    31 Super Mario 64 Released
    32 Super Smash Brothers Highly Likely
    33 Waverace 64 Highly Likely
    34 Winback Released
    35 WWF No Mercy Likely Wrestling game
    36 Yoshi Story Released
    37 Zelda MM Confirmed
    38 Zelda OOT Released

Nicktendo64

Clyde_Radcliffe

Nicktendo64 wrote:

With the number of N64 titles datamined and listed alphabetically, I thought I'd list them and provide my guesses for the missing titles.

Treasure has said more games are coming to the service, so I'd class Mischief Makers as Highly Likely and probably add Bangai-O as well!

Edited on by Clyde_Radcliffe

Clyde_Radcliffe

TheVoid

I have 13 months of an individual sub left and to upgrade to expansion, Nintendo wants £19.

I also have another code for 12 months individual. If I add this to my account, will it effectively reduce the upgrade to expansion amount from £19 to around £4?

Thanks

TheVoid

JaxonH

So...

A new update to Super Mario All Stars now allows that version of Super Mario 64 to be played with the N64 controller.

That's really awesome! Definitely the version I'd prefer to play, since it's an option with higher res textures, rumble, etc.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

gcunit

@JaxonH Lovely news. Just need to get hold of those controllers...

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

anynamereally

So speaking of games from upgraded NSO plan, I managed to beat M.U.S.H.A., a solid scroll shooter, which AFAIK was never released on Switch before either as part of Sega collections or as stand-alone game.

On N64 I replayed S&P one more time just to give it a go on the Switch.
I'd say playing it in handheld mode is the worst way to do it, I'd strongly recommend at least use a Pro controller.
Also I didn't remember the game being so hard on later levels (probably starting with the warship level), some of those stages took me several continue credits just to drag myself to the end of it. And 3-2 level with a side-scrolling perspective is one of the hardest among them.
What I never noticed before while playing it on Wii U is that beating the game on Normal unlocks Hard mode and a gallery with in-game music, but it's not all of it, I suppose beating it on Hard unlock more bonuses. I wonder what that is.

Aside from that I'm not really interested in the rest of current library. So I'll wait for more additions, hopefully it won't take more than 1-2 months for update.

Edited on by anynamereally

anynamereally

NinChocolate

I hope everyone with NSOExp has played through Ristar by this point

NinChocolate

GameOtaku

@faint
Not even say on a MAR10 day sale? I can’t speak for Wii or WiiU but they did happen on many VC titles on 3ds. So it’s fair to say the games did go on sale on Wiiu and by extension wii.

GameOtaku

vintage_amigo

Caperfin wrote:

MsJubilee wrote:

Clyde_Radcliffe wrote:

I do have to agree with those who say Ocarina of Time looks ugly. 😕 In truth it could really do with a complete remake. Imagine it remade with BOTW engine/controls...

Well, what do you expect? It's an N64 game. N64 games have aged like milk. I don't see the appeal to pay this much to play them.

aged like milk? i've never heard that expression

Especially considering aged milk is cheese?

vintage_amigo

faint

@GameOtaku If you read what I wrote you’ll see it states “N64” games. No, not once did they ever go on sale.

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

GameOtaku

@faint
NES, SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color and Game Gear games went on sale frequently so N64 had to be no exception. However the point still stands if you buy only the games you want you’d come out ahead on vc over nso rentals.

GameOtaku

Grumblevolcano

@GameOtaku May be wrong but I think only 3DS VC got discounts as part of sales. Wii VC got nothing and Wii U VC had the upgrade discount if you owned the game on Wii VC. N64 was only on Wii VC and Wii U VC.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

GameOtaku

@DarthNocturnal
Going by their track record so far Gameboy, GBC and Advance games will be another tier for $90.

I just don’t see the value in the online service or rentals. I much prefer to pick and choose what I play for as long as I want without restrictions.

GameOtaku

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic