Forums

Topic: Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee!

Posts 1,161 to 1,180 of 2,747

Arcamenel

I've been playing since Red and Blue when I was 9 and I really am over the Kanto pandering and revisits. I want a new region with new Pokemon. Kanto isn't even an interesting region.

Derrick
3DS FC: 1693 - 1069 - 1732

Deku-Scrub

I am seriously hoping these supposed "Let's Go! Pikachu" and "Let's Go! Eevee" games are fake, the fact that all these "rumors" seem to revolve around Pikachu and Eevee makes me worry even more. The last thing I want are Kanto remakes, we don't need them. We've been to Kanto 6 times (this counts Red/Blue, Yellow, Gold/Silver, Crystal, FR/LG, HG/SS) and even though I'd be fine with it being a bonus region of sorts, I don't want it to be the main focus like it may come out to be. Also the comparison between Pikachu and Eevee doesn't seem that fair, I can understand having Eevee as a starter since it has a large variety of evolutions, but when compared to Pikachu you have essentially a normal line of pure electric types (not counting Alolan Raichu), and then you have a Pokemon with 8 unique evolutions. I fail to see how that is equal at all.

Deku-Scrub

Joycon Boy Forever

Currently Playing:
Switch: Fire Emblem: Three Houses
3DS: Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
PS4: Persona 5, Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order

Grumblevolcano

@Deku-Scrub I think the reason Pikachu and Eevee would be the split is because of the anime. Pikachu version would have you play as Ash and Eevee version would have you play as Gary. As in actually play as those characters rather than a character you can customize like in previous games.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Snagrio

The question is, mechanically, who in their right mind would choose Pikachu version? Unless you're really that big a fan of Pikachu you're ten times better off with a starter that can potentially evolve into several options, including one that's the same type as Pikachu but better in every way imaginable.

That aside, this is the first time I'm not looking forward to a Pokemon game if all these rumors pan out. I'm sick to death of Kanto (the last two gens alone couldn't go five seconds without shoving it down our throats), and coupling that with the prospect of dumbed down Go mechanics is already rubbing me all the wrong ways.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

shadow-wolf

@Deku-Scrub Yeah I’m not a fan of returning to Kanto either, I’d prefer a true Gen 8. But at this point there’s so much evidence pointing to it that I’ve decided to accept it. Of course rumors can still end up being false, but there is so much that all adds up — and things like the official Pokémon Twitter and upcoming Pokémon movie heavily promoting Eevee — that these rumors are likely true.

Hopefully they change up Kanto enough that it doesn’t feel too similar. Plus I hope they add Pokémon from other generations in — like being able to find a Starly in Route 1 or a Wimpod in a lake, for example. If they do that I’d like it more.

shadow-wolf

shadow-wolf

@Snagrio That’s what I think as well, but if these rumors are true I’m suspecting a catch to all of this. Maybe the Pikachu can’t evolve like in Yellow version, and either this Eevee can’t evolve or it can only evolve into certain Eeveelutions.

shadow-wolf

EvilLucario

Did we learn nothing from Pokemon Stars, when everyone was so certain that was real too?

I'm not saying these "leaks" are bogus, but "seemingly real" stuff has been proven to be wrong before. I'll wait until official news come out, rumors and stuff are extremely boring by now.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

ilikeike

@EvilLucario I strongly echo this. Not to mention that I just don't want this to be real anyway lol.

Pokemon does need a revolution or a change, I'll be the first to admit that. But changing the formula to match up more with a free-to-play mobile game can't be the right path for the series.

Mario Galaxy is ten years old, and now I feel old.

Skid

@MarcelRguez sorry I'm not trying to say it is only rng with the current system. I don't mean to convey that. I'm actually saying to keep the current system where you weaken them and status them, but also add the go style and you actually throw the ball, and you can add spin, hit a "critical" spot, and get better rng for hitting your first ball. So I'm not saying get rid of rng, I'm just asking for more control and feel more immersive at the same time. Again, sorry for the poor communication. I was just really rushed with all my comments since I was at work.

Switch
Username: Skid
Friend Code: SW-7539-3214-1413

shadow-wolf

@EvilLucario I mean there’s also no evidence proving that Pokémon Stars wasn’t a thing either. Most likely development plans changed once Nintendo decided it didn’t need Pokémon in a year with Zelda and Mario. I still think Pokémon stars was very much real, but it was canned before it was fully developed cause Nintendo decided it didn’t need a Pokémon game ASAP on Switch and Game Freak realized they’d be better off making a new Pokémon game for Switch. And considering the supposed leaks with the Trainer surfing on a Lapras with an Eevee on his head look almost exactly like Sun and Moon graphics, they might be using the work from Pokémon Stars and just channeling it into this game.

But yeah at this point I think I’m getting tired of rumors as well. In less than a month everything should be revealed.

shadow-wolf

Tyranexx

EvilLucario wrote:

I'm not saying these "leaks" are bogus, but "seemingly real" stuff has been proven to be wrong before. I'll wait until official news come out, rumors and stuff are extremely boring by now.

That's more or less how I treat most rumors these days. They'll only get more feverish until E3. It's interesting to discuss these things (or to watch them discussed, as I've been doing with a lot of this thread), but a rumor is just that until proven otherwise.

I do think the Pikachu/Eevee-only split is an odd concept. Pikachu would be at a disadvantage evolution-wise, though I suppose the Cosplay Pikachu forms could be given their own full-scale typing. Even with that idea, I doubt it would work.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Anti-Matter

I saw Tons of Fake Pokemon for Switch on Youtube.
They looked official, but still FAKE.

Anti-Matter

Aozz101x
  • I might be wrong. but i don't think i heard any news sites saying they heard sources to back this up, unlike the Star Fox one. but, than again it could still be revealed, even if X Site didn't hear sources about Y game.
  • Eurogamer, has not even reported this yet (besides eurogamer.pt) you think they would have reported this already after the leaked started being huge. (check the main site and the switch news, nothing has appear year.)
    although, im just speculating at this point

Edited on by Aozz101x

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

Deku-Scrub

@shadow-wolf I see what you mean by just accepting it, I'll still probably end up liking these games a lot as I'm a huge fan of the franchise, but as long as they change Kanto up a good bit I wouldn't have an issue with it personally. I've seen rumors about the game apparently taking place in a futuristic Kanto, where people like Red and Blue are that of legends. If it ends up being like this I would be perfectly fine with it, but again, they just need to make it feel fresh and not the same thing for the 7th time in a row.

Edited on by Deku-Scrub

Deku-Scrub

Joycon Boy Forever

Currently Playing:
Switch: Fire Emblem: Three Houses
3DS: Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
PS4: Persona 5, Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order

Alber-san

Maybe they chose Pikachu and Eevee because:
1- They are the most popular non-legendary, non-starter Pokemon in gen 1
2- The story might have something to do with the Manga. In it, team Rocket (I think) is studying Eevee's mysterious ability to evolve into different Pokemon types. This could expand the lore and possibly add new mechanics.

Switch FC: SW-4227-6363-7321
Online games:
Rocket League, Splatoon 2, NBA Playgrounds, Fortnite

Favourite single player games:XC2, Skyrim, TLoZ: BotW

DuskformLycanroc

I wonder if it’s more a tie in with the we movie coming out this year. The secondary protagonist in the trailers has an eevee and obviously there’s ash’s Pikachu.

I think the movie is set in the Sevii/Orange islands which would tie in with the rumours that the game is going to be Kanto with island hopping as the Sevii islands were just next to Kanto and part of the last gen 1 remake.

3DS FC 5387-0811-6168

Grumblevolcano

Domain names for these games have been registered which increases the probability of the rumour being real.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

MarcelRguez

@NapalmPsalm It's okay, I get you now. I guess that could work, and the EV training minigame could be seen as something similar to that.

@Grumblevolcano Timing is way too convenient, and as far as I've seen nothing links back to TPCi. Wouldn't put much stock in this.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

MarcelRguez

@darkfenrir Oh, so it's probably legit then? Thought it could be a squatter or something to the effect. Maybe it's a reaction to the recent leaks to prevent actual squatting, then.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic