Forums

Topic: Pokemon Legends Arceus

Posts 981 to 1,000 of 1,912

Snatcher

Ok so I just found this out, but sudowoodo, will not attack you, it just sits there like a tree, just like its pokedex entry says! just thought I would throw that out there.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Pizzamorg

Man that third Noble. It technically did what I asked in increasing the mechanical complexity, but they also did what I said in not doing by doing it in the wrong way. Genuinely have no idea how to beat this, I get it all the way down, then it traps me in the corner with a fire tornado I can't get through and then kills me with the unlockable attack to follow up. Happened three times. No clue what I'm supposed to do here. I can't reach the balms to stop the unblockable attack because of the fire wall.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Snatcher

@Pizzamorg OMG, that was the first time I died, just because of that, but don't worry.

When it starts charging, move to the farthest left, or the farthest right on the platform, when it looks like its locked its charge, which it should make a spark or something, move the other way, or you could just I frame it, but thats much harder.

NGL this part got me, I had no idea what to do.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Pizzamorg

Snatcher wrote:

@Pizzamorg OMG, that was the first time I died, just because of that, but don't worry.

When it starts charging, move to the farthest left, or the farthest right on the platform, when it looks like its locked its charge, which it should make a spark or something, move the other way, or you could just I frame it, but thats much harder.

NGL this part got me, I had no idea what to do.

Thank you! I got it on the fifth go, almost died again but somehow just clinched it. Boy.

I am guessing the next one is going to be really hard. Oh no.

Eel

@Pizzamorg @Snatcher same that killed me twice. First time it ever happened. Third try went much better though, I got used to the reduced space and got pretty used to the attack pattern by then.

He only used the big attack once that time too, and I did manage to stop it in time to send a Pokémon.

@Varkster “trade” evolutions are done with an in-game item now. I think you’ll know which is it when you see it.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Snatcher

@Pizzamorg No problem mate!(: I have been saving the third one till I get the 5th star, so I can just get to the next area when I finish it.

Pizzamorg

Snatcher wrote:

@Pizzamorg No problem mate!(: I have been saving the third one till I get the 5th star, so I can just get to the next area when I finish it.

Oh wow, I'm not even up to the 4th star yet. Seems like a real grind to level up.

Eel wrote:

@Pizzamorg @Snatcher same that killed me twice. First time it ever happened. Third try went much better though, I got used to the reduced space and got pretty used to the attack pattern by then.

He only used the big attack once that time too, and I did manage to stop it in time to send a Pokémon.

At least we all had a hard time! lol

Snatcher

@Pizzamorg Nah not really, just fill out the dex, I did it mostly by catching pokemon, and battling, its actually not as bad as I thought leveling up, pretty good in my opinion.

Varkster

@Eel Thanks for letting me know! Does this apply to all the modern Pokemon games by the way?

Varkster

Snatcher

@Varkster no, just legends.

Anti-Matter

@Eel
Btw, is Arceus in Legend of Arceus really catchable and we can own it like normal Legendaries ? (Not event Pokemon)

Anti-Matter

VoidofLight

I love how hard the third noble is. Hope the rest of the bosses are as challenging, if not way more.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Pizzamorg

VoidofLight wrote:

I love how hard the third noble is. Hope the rest of the bosses are as challenging, if not way more.

Couldn't agree less to be honest. More difficulty is fine if properly balanced, but that third Noble fight was just frustrating, rather than more challenging. Again, because it effectively removes the Pokemon from having any role in the fight, focusing more on the dodge and throw mechanics, if you don't have the dexterity to beat this fight you're just stuck.

If you had a tough trainer battle in a previous game, you'd go away and grind out some levels, build a new team etc there was always a way forwards. Here, I am really worried these Noble fights will become so cheap and frustrating, I'll end up just hitting a wall.

Varkster

@Pizzamorg I think were this a traditional Pokemon game I would agree, but this is not a traditional Pokemon game. Dodging and throwing are core mechanics the game is built around and theyre just as, if not more important than battling using your Pokemon.

I think so far this balance is working out well for me.

Varkster

skywake

I really like how if all your Pokemans feint you can still push on. Got smashed by an Alpha I really wanted to try and catch just before you get the electric plate. Figured I was pretty close to where I needed to be so ran forward, threw some Pokeballs at some new low level pokemans, collected resources for revives, got my main dude back. Got through to the goal

Usually you'd get to that state in a Pokemon game and you'd be back to the last Pokemon centre. Must admit, it's pretty great to have other options

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
An opinion is only respectable if it can be defended. Respect people, not opinions

jump

I'm still trying to articulate my thoughts but I don't like how they have kinda deemphasised the importance of Pokemon in the game. With the goal being catch 'em all (and even catch the same Poke 25 times) it's kinda made them feel more expendable rather than valuing and building them as a team so it's more quantity over quality. It feels a tad too much like catching them for the sake of it now.

Still this is the most exciting I've found Pokemon for years and I look forward them to refining it for the next game.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic