Forums

Topic: Pokemon Legends Arceus

Posts 401 to 420 of 1,912

Fizza

@jump You're playing a dangerous game mentioning 2D sprites here. You know what some people are like.

Edited on by Fizza

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Mega Man 11 (Switch)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

VoidofLight

@jump Wouldn't mind having 2D sprites back. the 2D-3D aesthetic is pretty good in Gens 4 and 5, and the dev team's strongpoint is sprite art, but eh.

As for the one city, it's legit a fighting game reference. No joke. The trainers stand in your way, with obstacles blocking your path, with it supposed to represent something like the fighting game stopping the screen from scrolling until you beat the enemies, for the path to unlock afterwards. It's not the best puzzle in the world, but better than the Dragon gym, where you could tell they either didn't have enough time to make a puzzle for it, or they just ran out of ideas.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

VoidofLight

The only time pokemon could do a heavier story is if they did something with Zygarde and AZ, but even then, they'd probably screw that up, since they're scared of making a game that's not suitable for young children that can barely read.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Fizza

@Snaplocket Sorry, I was being sarcastic. I really should be using italics more, sorry for the confusion!

Edited on by Fizza

Pizzamorg

Snaplocket wrote:

@Pizzamorg Because clearly no one should ever try to make a compelling story in something for kids, right?

PS: I'm being sarcastic.

Did you ignore like 90 percent of my post on purpose or…?

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Pizzamorg

Snaplocket wrote:

Pizzamorg wrote:

I don’t get all the “graphics bad” criticisms, personally. Performance bad? Certainly, but I think there are much worse looking games on the Switch. Shield, for example, has some of the brightest and crispest visuals you’d find on the system and is supported by great art design. There are other games which may be more complex in terms of what the visuals are doing, but they usually come with muddy, blurry, visuals and their own suite of performance issues too.

If I looked at Legends compared to say a Series X/PC game at Ultra, then sure, but in the context of the Switch library, I think the complaints about the graphics are either overblown or they are confusing the term graphics, with more problematic things like certain animations or performance issues, but I don’t think those are really the same thing.

Mario Odyssey, SMT V, BOTW, 3D World, Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity, Dragon Quest XI, Doom Eternal, Astral Chain, Mario + Rabbids, Warioware Get it Together, Splatoon, Pikmin 3, Xenoblade 2, New Pokemon Snap, Most of the games ported from Wii U, Metroid Dread, Mario Tennis Aces, Arms, Mario Golf and New Pokemon Snap are all far better looking games then Legends and most of those are Switch exclusives. Don't pull that, "it looks fine for Switch" card, because there are clearly looking games on it.

I mean like… that is your opinion, but your opinion doesn’t invalidate my point.

jump

As Void pointed out earlier Legends bad graphics are intentional as it’s a PS1 reference ;p

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Fizza

Am I bad for actually liking the style/graphics? I can understand if you don't like it, but I think it looks quite pleasant.

Pizzamorg

Snaplocket wrote:

@Pizzamorg The graphics in Sword and Shield were average at best. The models were decent but most of the animation as cheap and the environments looked like crap. They don't even come close to the best the Switch can do or even "good by Switch standards" like you claim.

Again, animations are not graphics.

BrazillianCara

Four words that may be enough to handle differing opinions about graphics that should help some people avoid headaches: "Let's agree to disagree."

BrazillianCara

jump

Pizzamorg wrote:

I do not agree with that. Ignoring the boring debate about how pretty Legends is or isn’t, generally computer animation is a sub-category of computer graphics so animations are apart of graphics technically and would be generally be accepted by the average person’s lexicon anyway.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

jump

BrazillianCara wrote:

Four words that may be enough to handle differing opinions about graphics that should help some people avoid headaches: "Let's agree to disagree."

I disagree, it’s 5 words as it’s “let us agree to disagree” “p

Nicolai wrote:

Pizzamorg

jump wrote:

Pizzamorg wrote:

I do not agree with that. Ignoring the boring debate about how pretty Legends is or isn’t, generally computer animation is a sub-category of computer graphics so animations are apart of graphics technically and would be generally be accepted by the average person’s lexicon anyway.

I don’t treat graphics as a catch all term for everything my eyes can see, because it isn’t. If people want to use it that way, it is technically incorrect, but I guess fair enough. I do, however, address that in the originally quoted comment, already.

Pizzamorg

jump wrote:

@Pizzamorg nah, from wiki;

‘A broad classification of major subfields in computer graphics might be:

2 Animation: ways to represent and manipulate motion’

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_graphics_(computer_s...

Again, as said in my original post, lazily writing ‘graphics bad’ is unhelpful and useless. Talking about specifically animations, but using the term ‘graphics’, is simply misleading. This was the core point of my original post.

Madao

Imo the game looks good enough, if graphics end up being the only complaint people have, then we are in for a treat.

I am waiting for some reviews though, Pokemon is one of the most uninspiring series, selling basically the same game over and over. Should have been reimagined after the GBA era really. The only reason I have some hope for this one is because it looks like they are trying something new. Plus they finally added doing battles in place instead of teleporting to an arena.

Edited on by Madao

Madao

jump

@Pizzamorg I don’t really care about the debate of Legends. I’m just pointing out the irony of you saying something is technically incorrect when you are actually technically incorrect yourself making me technically correct.
Untitled

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Pizzamorg

jump wrote:

@Pizzamorg I don’t really care about the debate of Legends. I’m just pointing out the irony of you saying something is technically incorrect when you are actually technically incorrect yourself making me technically correct.
Untitled

If that makes you feel better, then Happy Three Kings Day. My gift to you.

Sisilly_G

I'm not tech-savvy.

Can somebody dumb-down all of this tech talk for me?

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

jump

@Silly_G it’s not even tech talk, it’s just dumb talk.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic