Forums

Topic: Pokemon Legends Arceus

Posts 1,021 to 1,040 of 1,912

Snatcher

@NintendoByNature When you go to target an alpha pokemon, but your not sure you can catch it, all you have to do is hide from and till you can get close enough, when you get close enough to target it, it should have a pokeball like shape on top of it, or on the bottom left, it should tell you its research level, if it doesn't say this, or if the pokeball like thing on top, is an X, you can't catch it at your current star rank.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Snatcher

@Eel Man, I'm loving the poses in this game, and its kinda why I want DLC, or something, so I can see all my favorite pokemon, in this new format, with new animations!

I ended up giving up on one alpha because it was taking to long LOL, but lucky me I just put a stamp on the map, so I can always know where it is.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

VoidofLight

Eh, I never saw the third noble as unfair. I actually enjoyed having game overs on a pokemon title, since that never generally happens for me. I enjoyed that the fight relied on my skills and my mastery of mechanics. I found out with the fire tornado in the center, that you can just roll past as well, like with the lilligant fight

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Eel

I’m fairly certain your character is completely invincible while doing the dodge a la Monster Hunter. I could swear I went through the dash attacks a few times.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Snatcher

@Eel Yes you can, I I framed a lot of its moves, but the timing is a little tighter.

Snatcher

Snatcher

Thats funny, just figure out, to evolve pokemon like hanter, you need (Just in case you don't want to know) a linking cable, its an actual cable, I assume this is how you evolve all pokemon that needed to be traded

I sure do hope they get rid of trading evo's in later games, I have always hated it, because I have to find someone to trade with, just to evolve my pokemon? I know why they might have did it in past games, but they never got rid of it.

And it also sucks when your favorite pokemon is locked by trading, Its what always turned me off from completing the dex, so i'm happy to see it gone here.

and maybe trading pokemon between versions, but trading evolution's, I just don't like.

Fizza

@Snatcher You don't like H Sliggoo? We can no longer be friends, I'm sorry.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Sisilly_G

While shiny Buneary passed me by... (and it was so friggin' cute too!!!) I did find a shiny Zubat a little while later. I previously caught a shiny Zubat in Let's Go, Eevee, but I didn't bother to train it as it wouldn't have been able to evolve into Crobat (and it wasn't supported in Sword/Shield until the release of The Crown Tundra).

I am now hell-bent on making up for an opportunity lost and breeding/grinding for the Buneary that got away. I even bought the Buneary mask from the boutique to illustrate my commitment.

With shininess now being apparent in the overworld, I imagine that most of us will find shinies every so often. When I heard the distinct shiny jingle for Zubat, I was panicking because I hadn't actually seen the shiny (it must have been behind the cliff on which I was standing). I held the screenshot button to save a video, but it yielded nothing. I frantically proceeded to catch some of the Kricketots around me as I seem to recall that they look very similar to their non-shiny forms, and I figured I would try my luck.

Does anybody know if shininess is maintained when saving a game? I imagine that they would be. To think that I wouldn't have missed out on Buneary had I the foresight to save before confronting it.

I would strongly recommend that everyone at least familiarise themselves with what the shiny jingle sounds like so that you don't miss out on a shiny that may have been detected off-camera. Shinies also visibly sparkle when they first enter your field of vision, but they don't continue sparkling after the fact (as they did in the Let's Go games), so you'll need to be extra vigilant for those odd shinies that look virtually indistinguishable to their normal forms).

I'm also really glad that I was able to find a Porygon fairly early in the game, and was surprised by just how common they are in the space-time distortions. I was hoping to grab a Togepi as well, but despite my efforts, I don't think I can actually reach its habitat without the ability to fly via Braviary first.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Snatcher

@Fizza No wait I love it, Its just so funny looking, I can't help but laugh!

Edited on by Snatcher

Snatcher

@Silly_G Yes, you can indeed turn off saves, and reset if you missed your chance, you can find a video talking about it on john plays channel.

VoidofLight

Darn, I'm sad I saw Hisuian Goodra here, since that was the whole reason I had a goomy on my team, to discover one of the new forms. Well, I guess I don't need that anymore.

Edit: Probably going to mute this thread for the time being, so no one spoils anything else for me.

Edited on by VoidofLight

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Snatcher

@VoidofLight Aww, Ok, see you when you get back!

Eel

If you want a good chance for a buneary, you can go in and out of the city until the guard at the door says there’s a massive outbreak of them. Save after loading into the map, but before finding the outbreak, and just keep trying until a shiny one appears in the outbreak.

Togepi appears by the beach and in some of the little islands near the bay. No flying required.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Snatcher

@Eel Dang, this is a good idea! I'm gonna try it!

Sisilly_G

@Eel : Thanks for the tip. I'm not far enough into the game to be experiencing mass outbreaks yet, but I'll definitely keep that in mind going forward.

Either way, I've caught a bunch of Buneary to fill out my Dex.

With respect to increasing shiny odds with perfect research, does anybody know if ALL conditions need to be fulfilled, or is it enough to research the Pokémon to Level 10? (which is generally quite easy)

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Sisilly_G

And as for the game itself, I am enjoying it far, far more than I thought I would (and I thought it could go either way). I wasn't particular enthused by the footage/promos as these sorts of games are better experienced as opposed to watched (and I didn't much care for the Breath of the Wild trailers either, but loved actually playing the game). I've clocked in 12 hours already.

There is also a genuine thrill to witnessing beloved Pokémon out in the wild. I just wish that it felt, I suppose, a little more natural, with distinct nests for certain Pokémon, and situations where a protective parent is watching over their offspring. I'm sure we'll see this fleshed out in subsequent installments, but Legends Arceus has set a very promising foundation for what is to come.

Incidentally, I don't understand why there is so much female Houndooming over the graphics. They look fine for crying out loud. It looks like Breath of the Wild for the most part, though BotW did look better overall (but not by a margin worth whining about). My only issue with the graphics is that some textures are really pixelated, especially on the clothing of NPCs, but this game is hardly alone as far as that is concerned.

With Legends Arceus out in the wild, it's hard to recommend any other main series Pokémon game on Switch, except for perhaps physical Sword/Shield with the expansion pass preloaded (which, sadly, is now out-of-print), and while there is, I suppose, a "comfort food" element to the familiar formula of the main series games, breaking the monotony with this as a complementary series is very welcome indeed.

And if a time comes where we get remakes of the Gen II games plus the Legends treatment for Johto mere months apart like TPCi have done for Gen IV, that will truly make my year.

My only real disappoint so far is with the lack of Hisuian forms and new evolutions, and the new Pokémon/forms that we did get are (mostly) ugly as hell. Hisuian Growlithe is adorable as anything, but Hisuian Arcanine? Yikes!

I also wish we could have used our own Pokémon for traveling, as it kind of puts me off from adding Pokémon like Wyrdeer, Basculegion, and Hisuian Braviary to my team (all of which I really like). Maybe as an alternative to the "rider" mechanic introduced in Sun/Moon, we can hold rider Pokémon in a separate party (that do not take up from among the usual slot of six), but can't be used for battling (but any Pokémon within the standard party can be used as a rider Pokémon as well).

Edited on by Sisilly_G

Araquanid

@silly_G

The moment you hear the effect , pause, go to settings, disable auto save, then manually save your game, you can reset if it runs away/dies and have infinite back ball throw chances.

I'm only 1/3rd of the way through the game and I already found a shiny glameow, even with 0 research task on it.

Also perfect research task is 100%ing their research, not just level 10 on it

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic