Forums

Topic: Pokemon Sword & Shield

Posts 321 to 340 of 3,072

Eel

Yeah... I'm not even bothering with that one.

Anyway, about the map being upside down, unless there's a clear indicator of where's north in the map, it's not really an important factor. For example, you could go take any map and turn it upside down. It's still the same map.

But I guess rotating an island is fair if they wish to be creative.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Venus_Adept

I think regional forms is a very cool way to revitalize some of the older mons who anyone cares about, also new evolutions to them.

For example Dunsparce, Qwillfish and my beloved Skarmory.

Edited on by Venus_Adept

Venus_Adept

Octane

Knuckles-Fajita wrote:

But as noted, the geography of the real world is NOT mirrored in the Pokemon World.

I think everyone agrees with that, unless you want to argue that Manhattan is about the same size as France

Octane

Namco

Morpheel wrote:

Great Britain is basically just an island-shaped mainland.

This sentence lol, you clearly don't know jack about european climates and vegetation xD

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

Cleaver

Going off topic about the Region, I think that Gyms and E4 or at least E4 members should have a dual type team. This makes a team much more difficult, especially if one type covers for another. While a dual type Gym would be hard to develop, dual type E4 members would bring the difficulty up a notch. Some designs for the E4 could be:
1. Pilot (Flying + Fighting)
2. Chemist (Poison + Water)
3. Mechanic (Electric + Steel)
4. Actor/Actress (Normal + Fairy)
5. Sage (Physic + Ghost or Dark)
6. Chef (Grass or Water + Fire)
7. Zoologist (Grass/Bug + Flying)
Suggestions would be most appreciated.

Cleaver

Dezzy

ALinkToMyProfile wrote:

Morpheel wrote:

Great Britain is basically just an island-shaped mainland.

This sentence lol, you clearly don't know jack about european climates and vegetation xD

Britain was connected to the mainland as late as the last ice age, about 10,000 years ago. So he's not hugely wrong.
Of course some things have changed in that time (like british squirrels basically going extinct because of an accident), but lots hasn't.

Edited on by Eel

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Eel

Nah it's cool. I mean, people are free to be literal.

This is a gaming website after all.

Anyway to wrap that mess up:

• I’m not against regional alternate forms, as mentioned in my first post, I would like for them to return.
  • I said they’d be likely to stay an Alola exclusive feature because it goes with the theme of Alola being this distant exotic location where some foreign Pokémon adapted differently, every other Pokémon region has simply introduced new pokemon species to represent local diversity.
  • While the world of Pokémon is not entirely 1:1 the real world, these regions clearly follow real world geography as a base.
  • About Unova, while it’s not a secluded place, yes it is distant to other Pokémon regions, that mirrors the real world locations they’re based off pretty perfectly (with every other game up to that point being set in the Pokémon version of Japan). They didn’t introduce new forms, but they did introduce an entire set of new species to bring this point across. This does not mean it exists in an empty vacuum..

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Octane

@Morpheel It's so stupid, they're not even trying anymore. We used to get these terrible photo shopped CoroCoro ''leaks'', but ever since the gen 7 starters leaked through a reference sheet, that's all we're getting anymore.

Octane

TOUGHDUDE94

Scorebunny looks great a nice fire/electric type

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

Daloblast

I can never agree with any of the Sobble evolution guesses, they all just don't seem to fit.

Daloblast

My Nintendo: Daloblast

-Green-

I’ve yet to see a fan made final evo for Grookey that doesn’t look terrible.

It’s just hilarious though how many fake leak sketch art are being made now ever since Gen 7

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Venus_Adept

The three looks like crap. Come on fakers you can do it better.

Venus_Adept

Tyranexx

Fakes have been around for ages. They've just become more prevalent than they used to be. I have no issue with people showing off their art skills and being direct about it ("Hey, this is a Pokemon concept I came up with, do you like it?"), but to try to get attention just by posting "leaks"....Even if the leaks turn out to be real, I find it a dishonest practice for fifteen minutes of fame.

If I recall, Serebii even has a page that lists old fakes. I fell in love with an old design that the internet named Korechu.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Daloblast

That shield one looks pretty good, but I just can't agree with the sword one.

Daloblast

My Nintendo: Daloblast

-Green-

Yall heard about the Armored Evolution rumor thing it’s picked up a lot of steam, and I really hope it proves not to be the case. I’m tired of underdeveloped oneshot Gen gimmicks

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic