Forums

Topic: Pokemon Sword & Shield

Posts 2,441 to 2,460 of 3,072

Qkslvr

Looking for 5IV Foreign Ditto, have 5IV english Ditto

Qkslvr

BlackTalon2

This game would be really great if it wasn't for Leon, i mean why is he ten levels higher than chairman Rose! and four levels higher than Eternatus! i didn't want to grind just after beating Rose and capturing Eternatus, it ruins the momentum.

But yeah, i just finished the game, and yeah there are some missing elements that were present in the previous pokemon games, minor things, but i miss them. It was a fun ride and a beautiful game, it is clear they focused a lot of time on the aesthetics of the game, i felt like i was the hero of my own cartoon series, thanks to the graphics. The Champion Cup was great, only Leon ruined it for me. I had no choice but to put Eternatus on my team, there was no way to win without it unless i grind, and i didn't want to grind. I already grinded before the Champion Cup. I lost , like 8-10 times using different pokemon, before i finally decided to just put Eternatus on the team and it was the last man standing at yellow health.

I finished the game at a little over 52 hours of play.

I'm already looking forward to next years game, i hope it is a Gen 4 remake.

Edited on by BlackTalon2

VIVA CRISTO REY !

Eel

Could be because he is the champion and Rose is just Rose.

I appreciated the champion being actually kinda strong, unlike some in other generations.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Gravitron

@Eel Ya someone just traded it to me. I know its probably hacked.

Gravitron

Sisilly_G

BlackTalon2 wrote:

I hope it is a Gen 4 remake.

I think the most likely outcome is a Let's Go remake of Gen II for next year (most of the work is already done thanks to Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee, and it would make sense to reuse those assets for a sequel), followed by a proper remake of Gen IV the following year. While two remakes in a row (albeit in different styles) may seem excessive, I think it's the most likely outcome given that the new series of the anime is revisiting past regions, so having Alola, Kanto, Galar, Johto, and Sinnoh games released in such close proximity makes sense (and implies that this particular series may last longer than previous arcs), and the different styles between the Gen II and IV remakes will help break the monotony a little.

Edited on by Sisilly_G

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Octane

@Silly_G I really think LGPE were a one-off thing. I don't expect another one for Switch. I mean, I would feel weird. The games are even more simpler than SWSH, and it just would feel like a big step backwards.

Octane

Eel

Not if we accept they’re their own pseudo spinoff series.

There’s certainly some things I would love to see improved in a new Let’s Go. Like being able to give multiple candies at once instead of being there pressing the A button 800 hundred times for each stat. And improved controller support and button layout. Also the catching screen could use several tweaks to make using different items faster.

And finally getting to see what the heck has that guy been flattening the land for.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Octane

@Eel Nah, I doubt it. On top of that, what will they be called? Anything besides Pikachu and Eevee would just seem... random?

Octane

Eel

@Octane Marril and Togepi!

That's your [third game-colored] elemental rat and your fan favorite normal type.

Make them hatch from an egg at the beginning of the game and presto, instant player attachment.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Sisilly_G

I think Snubbull would be more likely than Togepi, simply because Togepi is a baby Pokémon and has poor stats, even more so than your regular unevolved Pokémon.

Don't get me wrong. I would LOVE Togepi to get its own game, but it just seems a bit unlikely.

Given that more than 50% of the work for a possible Gen II sequel is done for them, I am anticipating a second Let's Go game for next year. I doubt it will continue beyond that, but a revisiting of Johto for its 21st anniversary (and 10 years since HG/SS) seems like a smart use of existing assets and will be a cheap and easy game to produce. And while I would prefer a proper reimagining of Johto in the style of Sword/Shield, I'll take what I can get.

Either way, it's that or SharpSword and DurableShield.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Octane

@Eel Isn't Pichu the electric rodent of Johto?

@Silly_G I wish they took a year off for once, or maybe even two. Heck, I can live with no third version or remakes and just wait until next gen in three or four years or so. Focus on a single game and make it good.

Octane

Eel

@Silly_G they raised the base stats of your starter Pikachu and Eevee in Let's go so that would not be a problem.

@Octane if you wish to be repetitive by choosing Pikachu again, then yes they could use Pichu.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Sisilly_G

@Octane : There was a year off between OR/AS and Sun/Moon, but it's been (more or less) an annual franchise from Platinum onwards.

Octane

@Silly_G Yeah, and that's the problem with the franchise IMO. It all feels too rushed. Remake after remake, additional versions, more rehashed content, and all just to keep up with the annual release schedule.

Octane

Bulbasaurbro

Does anyone have a foreign ditto they would be willing to trade with me
i can give an english one

Bulbasaurbro

BustedBlader

@Zaiidox I sent you a friend request under Saikyou. We can trade dittos SW-3025-4598-4509

BustedBlader

redd214

If anyone has been holding out for the strategy guide, they're on sale on Gamestop Dral of the Day. Regular paperback one is $13 and the hardcover collectors edition is 50% off at only $20. Just picked it up for the kiddos for Christmas

redd214

Eel

Interestingly enough, even though I’m a long time fan of the series, I’ve never bought any physical guides for any of the games.

You’d think little kid me would be all over the idea of having a book with Pokémon pictures on it.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Gravitron

Let's Go Dunsparce and Unown

Gravitron

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic