Posts 1,421 to 1,440 of 3,072

-Green-

Rather underwhelming trailer.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Octane

So according that one leak that is now confirmed:

Lapras will also get a GMax form. That's currently 5 Kanto G-Max forms confirmed, and only 3 Galar forms. I think someone at GF forget anything beyond generation 1 exists.

And apart from the Galarian Zigzagoon. We've only seen Galarian forms of Kanto Pokemon so far... Just like we had in Alola.

Octane

MsJubilee

Why is it that Charizard is always in the spotlight? What happened to the other starters?

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Octane

@MsJubilee What other starters are you talking about? Charmander was the only option in Pokemon Red and... was there another version? Don't remember.

Octane

Eel

People made it popular organically. It’s not like gamefreak planned it like with Greninja and Lucario.

I’m glad the early purchase bonus is an actual Pokémon, and not an item you can’t transfer. Love meowth so I’ll gladly take it.

And I guess I’ll have to borrow my brother's copy of Let’s go Pikachu to have a save file of that.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

-Green-

I’m more upset that you need Let’s Go Pikachu and Eevee data to normally unlock the Pokémon in game. That’s just dumb

Eel

Eh. It's not hard to get save files if you know people with the game. The advantages of system-bound save files, I guess.

And it's not the first time you need an older game to get something in a new game. This is Pokemon.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Sisilly_G

I would rather they lock stuff behind items that can be shared or otherwise owned (like amiibo).

For the early purchase bonus, it will be tied to one's save data, and once it's gone, it's gone.

I have both Let's Go games, and I'm sure my cartridges will be making the rounds so that friends/siblings can access the exclusive Pokémon, which is fine by me.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Octane

@StableInvadeel I personally don't know anyone who owns those games, and I'm not spending €120 to get those forms.

Octane

Eel

Then I'd advise against doing it?

I'm sure these won't be a limited time thing, so maybe in the future you'll find a fool willing to give you their cartridge for three minutes.

Or if you can indeed trade these special gigantamax pokemon, then someone will be able to give you one eventually.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

link3710

Welp, I very much overestimated this announcement. And still nothing on any Pokemon I care about for new forms, what a surprise. I mean, I can take comfort in my two favorite gen 1 pokemon (Sandshrew/Marowak) getting amazing new forms last gen, but I was hoping we'd see more gen 2/3/4/5/6 forms this go around. I understand leaving 7 out, or even 6 for now, but 2-5 need some serious love. I'm still hoping for Blitzle / Qwilfish (with evo) / Buizle to get regional forms. Gigantamax forms are... well I don't care about those at all, so who cares if they all are gen 1 panders at this point. I refuse to use it.

link3710

darkswabber

I see a lot of people complaining about the kanto favourism in SWSH’s dex across the web. Has anyone actually counted? 47 kanto pokemon from which 2 are galar forms so far. 58 unova pokemon so far.
And according to multiple reports, leaks and insider info the main 3 unova legendaries and all 9 starters and their evo’s will be in SWSH as some of the few returning starters and legendaries making it go up to 70 unova pokemon.

darkswabber

Twitter:

link3710

@darkswabber Oh no, the dex itself I'm pleasantly relieved to see is fairly diverse so far. With the sheer number of Pokemon shown, I'm guessing we'll see just what even gets cut. I'm expecting all non-kanto legendaries/mythicals save about a half dozen to be cut (which is for the best, make them special again). I'm guessing we'll see roughly half the previous starters in the game, not sure which yet. So that's already a pretty huge cut. They shouldn't have to cut too much more from any gen to get the dex size back down to Gen VII's regional dex size.

link3710

-Green-

I fully expect all the Kanto mons to be in this game. Gamefreak wants to encourage connectability between Lets Go and the models are functioning on the Switch

Edited on by -Green-

Gravitron

I love Charizard. I know it's not cool to like Charizard anymore, its basically the Fortnite problem where something gets so popular it becomes uncool. I guess I feel the same way about Pikachu that most people do about Charizard. That being said I am absolutely over them both.

Do something new with like Typhosion+Marill or Empoleon+Pachirisu , or Serperior+Emolga. Some other starter and some other Pikachu clone would be a breath of fresh air.

Gravitron

link3710

@Gravitron I'm in the same boat. Mega Charizard X is still among my favorite megas. But just because I like Charizard doesn't mean I want him to be the focus of literally everything starter related. In this case I absolutely do not care since I hate Gigantamax with a passion, only Corviknight and sort of Alcremie's are designs I'd ever want to see return, preferably with megas reminiscent of their Gigamax forms (though with far less layers for Alcremie). But in general, the overexposure of Charizard is getting ridiculous.

link3710

Gravitron

@Snaplocket I'm shocked that Rhydon has never got a Mega or Alternate form. It was literally the first Pokemon. Always bothered me. To a lesser extent I thought it would've been cool to do something with the Nidoking/Queen lines.

Gravitron

Eel

It got a literal evolution in gen 4.

Rhyhorn is one of my favorite pokemon though, so I wouldn't be against giving it some more love.

It's in my "if I could have one Pokemon in real life, it would be one of my top options"-tier of favorites.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Tyranexx

Agreed on Charizard being overexposed. I still love the fire breathing fiend, but many of the other starters also deserve love IMO.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic