Forums

Topic: Pokemon Sword & Shield

Posts 1,281 to 1,300 of 3,072

Heavyarms55

I think things like Megas, Z-Moves and Dynamax are things that, like some of the Pokedex, will rotate around in the future. The way it all looks to me, is that Pokemon is taking the card game approach. We are going to have rotations and a different mixture of new and old Pokemon in each game going forward.

I think, in maybe 5-10 years, we might have the SSB Ultimate version of Pokemon. As technology changes, or they come up with a way to balance a huge number of Pokemon and the growing number of regional gimmicks.

Personally, I am very glad they are making it much easier to get competitive level Pokemon. Making it easier discourages cheaters. Why risk the problems involved with tampering with your save files if it isn't hard to get competitive Pokemon anymore?

I hope they go a step further and stop their "Pokemon must be obtained in this generation" rule. And allow those of use who have competitive Pokemon obtained over the last several generations, that are in the Sw/Sh dex, to bring them forward and use them in official play too. This makes the game even more accessible.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Grumblevolcano

@DarthNocturnal I think @Heavyarms55 is talking about the official competitive rules, you'll be able to use Pokemon caught elsewhere in the main game but they're banned from tournaments and ranked online play.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Heavyarms55

@Tsurii I'm pretty sure somewhere they stated directly that Bank will be incorporated into Home. Basically Bank is evolving.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Haruki_NLI

TPCi has contacted Game Informer to change the18 gyms comment.
Yikes.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

-Green-

aw, that sucks. i still wonder about the whole minor and major league thing

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

-Green-

Yeah, Serebii clarifies that Gamefreak has already previously stated that the game would have 8 gyms. So it was certainly a miscommunication

link3710

My guess is that there are in fact 18 gyms canonically, but only say, 12 or so will be seen between the two versions, 8 in each. They never did say you could visit all 18 after all.

link3710

iKhan

It sounds like they probably could have built a larger single game with 18 gyms, but they split it across two games instead.

Isn't that the plot of Tales of Symphonia? Can we have a Chosen of Pokemon franchise regeneration?

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Bankaj

@Tsurii thanks for sharing. Been searching for a while for the first results. Lot of livestreams online... Nintendo is wasting a lot of precious time for a lot of excited people at the moment

Bankaj

-Green-

One complaint is that they haven't varied the ambient sounds up more. Its basically a loop of the same chime

Venus_Adept

oh damn, my internet is so laggy, i cant see the video. whts happening there?

Edited on by Venus_Adept

Venus_Adept

Venus_Adept

really? well i suppose is midnight in japan right now, maybe the presentation gets better later.

Venus_Adept

RR529

Yeah, that was the same one, as it had the same tail.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Bankaj

So what do we make of this? Should we still expect some reveals to come during the stream?

Personally I was hoping for some interaction. Maybe to see some passing trainers, or a pokemon battle. Could've been without a reveal, just something at least to watch. Even if it was just a bunch of rattata wandering about.

Bugs the mind what the added value of this stream is for TPC to invest in it.

Bankaj

jump

BOOO! The live stream sucks.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Octane

So... Galarian Ponyta?

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic