Forums

Topic: Pokemon Sword & Shield

Posts 1,261 to 1,280 of 3,072

Justifier

Sounds good!

"Wake me... when you need me."

Switch Friend Code: SW-0456-5973-9496 | 3DS Friend Code: 0533-4480-5285 | Nintendo Network ID: Justifier

-Green-

Based on what Joe Merrick (the Serebii guy) said, it seems that you’ll be able to battle Gyms we originally thought were version exclusive in your Major League, while they are Minor League for the other Version.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Suicune

I think the news of 18 gyms is rather important and huge hype booster. Also, Amie has been replaced with Pokémon Camp which is basically the same but with added features.

Suicune

Ralizah

@Snaplocket The number of gyms, use of auto-saves/HMs/EXP share/etc. aren't important details?

I mean, I guess, in a larger sense, that's probably true, but the same is true of video games as a whole.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Ralizah

@Snaplocket None of those things may excite you, but they're important details about the game nonetheless. Gyms are a huge part of the Pokemon series. Changes to saving/EXP share/etc. change how some people will play. None of the news reported feels random to me, so I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Heavyarms55

I'm kind of shocked that we got that huge dump of info from the Game Informer interview, 18 gyms, the ability to change natures, the new way exp works, the implied ability to rework in-game Pokemon to be competitively viable etc... They also confirmed, again, that Pokemon not in the National Dex for these games will return in the future. I actually have grown to like this idea. The more I think about it, the more it feels like rotations in card games and that system has proven to work very well in allowing for a mix of new and returning creatures (or cards) without having the problems you see in massive legacy formats.

And all NintendoLife did was to update their older auto-save article. Is that related to all the negativity this game has been getting? Cause that's BS. I know I am not the only one looking forward to the game. Every time we get new info I am getting more excited for it.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

-Green-

I fully expected the Nature changing thing to be in this game since Let’s Go had it. IV changing was also in Sun and Moon but poorly implemented. So I’m glad they’re continuing them and actually make the latter less of a complete bother to accomplish

Tyranexx

Interesting news indeed. That'll definitely give more meat to these!

I don't know about everyone else, but I really am starting to get more excited for Sw/Sh.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Heavyarms55

@DarthNocturnal I can't imagine them ever allowing people to change typing. The things they are implementing are all to allow Pokemon to be viable within that species. Changing the type would basically be making it a different species.

Eel

"Ok Squirtle, like this:

<Turns on lighter, uses spray can> Fhooosh

Ok now you do it.

No no, not water, fire, fiiiireee. Try again.

Sigh, ok we'll continue tomorrow."

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Heavyarms55

@DarthNocturnal In that case, we already have that, and I'm OK with it too.

-Green-

Yeah like not everything is gonna be exciting for everyone. Dynamaxing wasn’t exactly exciting for me when I saw it and I’m still mostly indifferent to it rn.

I think the new features are cool and are attempts in new/better directions. That doesn’t mean I’m not ‘cautious’. If video games have taught me anything it’s that bigger/more doesn’t always equal better so to speak. The concepts themselves are still pretty exciting rn

Edited on by -Green-

Grumblevolcano

So far 18 gyms is the most exciting I've heard about Sword/Shield so far, most of the Sword/Shield cycle hasn't been particularly interesting but that's the difficulty of surprise vs. reveals. Revealing a lot may get people more excited but it makes you know too much when you actually go to play the game.

There's a fair amount of games I've played and know what's about to happen because Nintendo already showed off big parts of levels at E3 or a Direct. Not knowing much about XC2 made playing the game so much better.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

Dynamaxing is like Z-Moves in that I'll be very happy when it goes away. So far all the Gigantamax Pokemon I've seen so far haven't been worth keeping the mechanic around for. Of all the ones they've brought in so far, Mega is the only one I want kept, and that's solely because basically all the designs for it are wonderful. The mechanic itself needs to be trashed and reworked.

18 gyms sounds... nice. But I still have that feeling that they'll all be super empty in exchange, at least the 10 minor league ones.

link3710

Grumblevolcano

@link3710 Has it been confirmed there's 10 minor and 8 major? I was thinking minor league would be the typical adventure and then the major league would be the postgame.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

@Grumblevolcano Well, all the gyms seen so far have been confirmed as being in the major league for the version they were shown in. So presumably we're starting in the major league? Either that or they really set out to confuse people.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

BlackTalon2

@Snaplocket

changeable natures and iv means breeding is obsolete except for egg moves. so yes, it is a big thing. it is hard to breed, especially one with a hidden nature like gale wings talonflame. i never got that 5 best iv talon flame, the most i got was one with best attack and speed. this makes having a good pokemon so much easier. this also means any of the old pokemon that i had from previous games that i bring in through pokemon home can be made stronger.

as for megas, z moves and dynamax, i would prefer not having these in the game. especially megas. megas are the most OP mechanic, dynamax at least oy works for three turns and z moves fir only one turn, ateast the damage causing ones.

z moves as a concept was nice, way better than megas or dynamax, until they made status z moves and OP exclusive z moves , like the one for that sleazebag kommo o. z moves should have stayed damage only, no statuses, and no special or exclusive z moves. to make z moves more unique and useful make z moves immune to flinching from fake out and moves like follow me or rage powder.

Edited on by BlackTalon2

VIVA CRISTO REY !

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic