Forums

Topic: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl

Posts 921 to 940 of 1,097

Eel

Heracross is nowhere nearly as rare as Muchlax was. Munchlax was ridiculous enough that they felt necessary to give one to the rival, so you had an unmissable way to see one. (Though then again, they gave him a Heracross too hahaha)

I think it’s a nice compromise, to let the honey trees keep some desirable exclusives.

If you want a heracross I have one you can have. He’s level 5 in a quick ball. I can nickname him as well.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Sisilly_G

Munchlax and Heracross wouldn't be a problem if Pokémon HOME support was implemented.

I was fortunate enough to find a Munchlax in the underground. And I have a tendency to waste honey as I've previously slathered a bunch of trees only to forget to check in later.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Eel

I ignored the story for several weeks to grow a healthy supply of berries, so I added the honey trees to my routine for a few days.

That’s when I found the Heracross.

Bloop.

Snatcher

@X-Slayer You have never been able to breed pokemon of the same gender, I think what your thinking about are dittos, That can breed with any pokemon (Not Legendary's or mythical's) no matter what the gender.

So if your having a problem breeding, (And have been looking for pokemon of the same egg group and opposite gender) this whole time, just get a ditto.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Fizza

@DarthNocturnal What's funny about that is the first time I interacted with the honey tree on Route 210 (the one in the rainy section), it was a Heracross. The one time I forgot to save before interacting. I managed to catch it but jeez it was stressful. It was a female one so, in memory of my Heracross that I used in the Isle of Armor which was named Leroy, I dubbed it 'Sheroy'. Unfortunately it was level 7 so I never used it but hey, what can you do?

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Castlevania Bloodlines (Mega Drive)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Snatcher

@X-Slayer Trust me you can't, but you can breed with totally different pokemon as long as there in the same egg group.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Eel

@X-Slayer perhaps you are misremembering the new mechanic they added, where Pokémon of the same species can teach “egg moves” to each other in the day care.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Snatcher

@Eel ah probably, That makes waaay more sense.

Fizza

Hey everyone. So, I've just gotten to the league and am about to take on Aaron, the (and I cannot stress this enough) FIRST Elite 4 member. I've grinded my team up to what I thought was a respectable level of 53. I enter the chamber, start losing it of the remixed E4 theme and he sends out his Dustox while I send out my Lickilicky. No problem so far. I start hitting it with Flamethrower while it sets up Light Screen. Then, the item jingle pops, but not for my Leftovers. No no no, it's for his BLACK SLUDGE. Red flags are waving right now because the realization hits that all of his Pokemon are probably going to have competitive spreads. Fearing this, I switch out into my Honchkrow to try and hit them as hard as I can. On the same exact turn, he switches out into Heracross. And let me tell you something: I don't think I have ever had such absolute fear struck into my heart than when I saw the text 'Heracross activated it's Flame Orb!'.

In case you were wondering, yes, I got swept to hell and back by a Flame Orb Guts-boosted Facade/Rock Slide Heracross. It was probably the most shocked I have ever been in a battle... ever. And I might need at least a few days to fully recover (and also grind. I need to grind HARD).

Eel

I'm on my way to the last gym and my current top level is 48 so I guess I'll stop rotating and form a permanent team for the league now.

I'll need help evolving my magmar in case anyone has time for that later today.

Bloop.

Fizza

@Eel A tip that has aided me immensely during my playthrough is constantly using the VS Seeker to either grind or get money. I didn't think it would be that handy but it's been really good either when I waste all my money on Ultra Balls/Revives and need to get a bit more cash in the bank or just need that little bit of extra EXP. Another avenue that's been very good to me has been the Underground. The Pokemon there are almost always higher levelled than your current ones and there's a big variety so that anyone on your team can take on specific mons. Also, in the area beneath Snowpoint in one of the chambers, you can get a Lucky Egg AND Leftovers which are an absolute godsend so definitely grab that if you haven't already.

Edited on by Fizza

Eel

I think the main ones besides Alakazam would be graveler and machoke. I don’t really remember if there’s more though.

Edit: ah, Gengar too

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Eel

@X-Slayer I think only stone evolutions come with move-learning restrictions. Trade evolutions should be fine.

Edit: I’ll go remove the Everstone from my haunter

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Eel

@X-Slayer I don’t need anything in particular at the moment. Maybe a version exclusive like stunky or murkrow if you’re playing Diamond?

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic