Forums

Topic: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl

Posts 741 to 760 of 1,097

SViper

@Atomic77 old news about those two. xD

Edited on by SViper

http://twitch.tv/TheSViper
https://www.change.org/p/anmtvla-pokemonlatam-español-latino-en-los-juegos-de-pokémon - let's help this petition for Latin American Spanish be add to Pokémon games and with that may increase chance that in future Pokémon games adds more languages. :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-7289-6600-2802 | 3DS Friend Code: 4270-5974-5136 | My Nintendo: SViper | Nintendo Network ID: TheSViper | Twitter:

Buizel

How are people feeling about the game now that it's been out a week?

I'd say I generally have quite mixed feelings. That said, I've only just obtained the 7th badge so I haven't yet experienced everything this game has to offer.

Positives:

• I think the overworld and chibi style looks gorgeous, especially in certain areas like the water routes and snow routes
  • Having access to some of the Platinum dex is nice
  • A few QoL features here and there, which are welcome having just played Gen 3
  • It's Sinnoh - I'm always going to have fun with this region

Negatives:

• I really don't like the look of the battles, and actually prefer the sprite-based battles of the original
  • The Grand Underground is underwhelming. As for digging: the core gameplay isn't really enhanced from the originals, worthwhile items seem rarer and I couldn't care less about the statues. As for the wild Pokemon: this feels out of place, and 90% of the Pokemon in there are of no interest. It's nice to have some of the Platinum Pokemon here but why not just include them in the routes to create a more organic experience? Moreover, many of these Pokemon evolve via items which seem very difficult (or impossible) to get in the main game.
  • Level curve is broken so far. I think DP always had slightly odd pacing, but I've spent most of the game now around 10+ levels higher than the gym leaders, and sometimes 20+ levels higher than regular trainers. Before Gen 6 I would be underleveled for most gyms. It must be clear to the developers that people would be overlevelled considering the levels of Pokemon in the Grand Underground, which are much higher than wild Pokemon on the surface
  • Navigating the tile-for-tile overworld can feel awkward with free movement. I constantly find myself bumping into things and struggling to interact with things

All-in-all, I'm enjoying my time reliving Pokemon Diamond...but this could have been so much more. Nothing yet has really convinced me that this is the definitive version of Diamond/Pearl, and I think that once I'm finished with the post-game, Platinum will continue to be my go-to game for the Sinnoh experience.

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

Eel

Anyone has a dratini egg they could trade me? My Brother wants one but I’m still pre-national dex.

I can’t trade much in return though, besides a few early version exclusives.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Screen

Does anyone have a meowth (or Persian) they’d be willing to trade? Pickup would be preferable but isn’t necessary

I don’t have anything to crazy to trade, but I could get pearl exclusives. I also managed to snag a carnivine and a charmander

BDSP has online matchmaking!

Snatcher

@Screen Hey look, If I get one I will just trade it to you, Just trade any pokemon.

@Eel Same to you, if I get one I will breed one to give to you.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Snatcher

@Eel NP, I never needed crazy pokemon for trades like that.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Buizel

Beat the Elite 4 yesterday. Damn, that was a step up in difficulty. Still not a struggle, but I had to think about some of the battles - especially the champion battle.

Now in the post-game looking to get the National Dex. Unfortunately my Sinnoh Dex is at 149 and I need to get Drifloon to finish it...oops! Looks like I'll be waiting a few days before I pick this game up again.

At least 2'8".

Snatcher

@Buizel If you when't to the ghost gym, you can lose one of the Math test, and one of them has a drilfoon.

Buizel

@Snatcher I wish I'd known that originally! I don't typically skip trainers (I battled every trainer in every other gym), but at that point I was ridiculously overlevelled so thought I'd just skip straight to the leader. Ah well.

At least 2'8".

Snatcher

@Buizel Maybe you can go back?

Eel

I suppose one of us could also trade you a Drifloon

Unfortunately the one I have is male though. So I can’t breed it yet.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Buizel

@Snatcher I think typically you can't rebattle gym trainers after you've beaten the leader!

@Eel Thanks for the suggestion! I think I'll just wait it out TBH, I'm tempted to pick up Ruby or Shield again anyway.

At least 2'8".

Grumblevolcano

I remember now 1 of the reasons why I dislike Sinnoh, the pacing between the 2nd and 3rd gym is so extremely slow that your Pokemon start ignoring you because they're over level 30.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NintendoByNature

Grumblevolcano wrote:

I remember now 1 of the reasons why I dislike Sinnoh, the pacing between the 2nd and 3rd gym is so extremely slow that your Pokemon start ignoring you because they're over level 30.

For the most part I'm newer to the series. And this is my first time with this game or the originals. What is meant by "ignoring" you?

NintendoByNature

Grumblevolcano

@NintendoByNature Some gym badges allow your Pokemon to obey you up to a certain level. If your Pokemon are a higher level you pick a move for them to use and sometimes instead of using that move they do nothing.

None of my Pokemon are traded so it applies to all Pokemon, not just traded.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Eel

When a Pokémon is too strong and you don’t have enough badges to prove your worth, it becomes rebellious, and will stop listening to your orders in battle.

I am under the impression that this only happens to traded Pokémon though. Edit: ah so that's different now!

I’ve been rotating my Pokémon team to prevent over leveling though. So maybe I’ve been preventing it?

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic