Forums

Topic: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl

Posts 241 to 260 of 1,097

SViper

Pokétch for me was really cool thing: you can see time all the time, you can check your party without entering usual party menu, you can check where you planted the berries, know your steps, have calculator on the go and more. It was really useful thing for me.

http://twitch.tv/TheSViper
https://www.change.org/p/anmtvla-pokemonlatam-español-latino-en-los-juegos-de-pokémon - let's help this petition for Latin American Spanish be add to Pokémon games and with that may increase chance that in future Pokémon games adds more languages. :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-7289-6600-2802 | 3DS Friend Code: 4270-5974-5136 | My Nintendo: SViper | Nintendo Network ID: TheSViper | Twitter:

Bolt_Strike

@VoidofLight Are online components really necessary to transfer Pokemon to Home though? I think they could just make it compatible with the Home app, Home could handle the internet transfers. I have a hard time believing that your Pokemon in LA will be totally isolated from other games, every time Game Freak limits the ability to transfer your Pokemon to other games (see: the lack of transfer between 2nd and 3rd gen, Dexit), the fanbase is especially upset. They would probably know better than to do that, they'll probably come up with some way to transfer.

@DomGC Some of the Poketch apps were actually fairly useful QoL features, especially the ones that let you track certain game mechanics like Friendship Checker, Berry Checker, Day Care Checker, Matchup Checker. I also liked the Pedometer (which helped you better track when an Egg would hatch) and the Type Chart, and some players have said they made use of the Counter for EV counting. There's a lot of useful stuff there that I was really upset got dumped in 5th gen (worse yet, 5th gen's regional gadget of the C-Gear was near useless by its own merits, adding insult to injury). I think they could do some house cleaning and get rid of some of the more extraneous ones (do we really need drawing apps or different types of clocks?) but the useful QoL ones should stay.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

VoidofLight

@Bolt_Strike I guess Legends could connect without needing to connect to the internet, but I still doubt you'll be able to transfer to the game, seeing how it's built around building the Sinnoh Dex, and it could basically be like cheating in a way.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Bolt_Strike

@VoidofLight I mean, it could be a one way transfer to Home or they could restrict you to Home transfers until post game if they were worried about that (maybe the latter if there are some exclusive Pokemon because then some Pokemon would be stuck rotting in Home this gen otherwise). But the fandom will go into a frenzy if it's revealed that you can't transfer Pokemon in or out of LA and that would be a largely unnecessary controversy. Ultimately I just don't see it happening. If there was a technical issue they couldn't do anything about (such as the compatibility between GBC and GBA games or the logistics of working on over a thousand 3D models), that would be one thing, but seeing as this is a mid-console release, there shouldn't be any technical issues whatsoever preventing transfers so there should be no reason why they shouldn't.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

VoidofLight

@Bolt_Strike I mean, if that becomes a controversy, I wouldn't be surprised, since this fanbase seemingly complains about everything, even if the game ends up being good in the end. They go as far as to bash it before even giving it a chance.

I could see them not doing transfers as well, given that the Pokemon models in Legends are all brand new, and higher quality than the ones in Sword and Shield and the 3Ds titles, given that they have modeled mouths, and higher quality animations, as opposed to textures.

Bolt_Strike

@VoidofLight The fans complain about a lot of things, but inability to transfer is doubly controversial within the fanbase. So they'll especially want to avoid causing transfer issues if they can help it.

I also can't really see any noticeable improvements in the models, and that doesn't really matter anyway since Home uses sprites instead of models (if it did, BDSP couldn't either and then you'd really have a problem since it would make Home largely pointless).

Bolt_Strike

VoidofLight

@Bolt_Strike That's true. Also, the model improvements are mostly seen in the starter pokemon, where they have 3D modeled mouths, and Cyndaquil's flames being fixed.

KAI_MIDORIKAWA

My guess is they either only have the Pokémon that were in the Sinnoh dex in DPPt in BDSP, or they only have the 493 Pokémon from the national dex that existed when gen 4 was ongoing.

SViper

Today I had interesting notice, after watching next weeks Pokémon episode preview I decided to check whole section of Held Items at BulbaPedia. And I found out that Arceus type change works, because of he's ability and to activate that ability that not only Plates works, but Z-Crystals of representing types works too, so you can do type change for Arceus possibly through other kind of item too. That makes me consider if they code in Arceus to games, this has probably 100% chance to happen, then there is high possibility that they could return Z-Moves for adding extra option for Arcues to change the type.

Edited on by SViper

https://www.change.org/p/anmtvla-pokemonlatam-español-latino-en-los-juegos-de-pokémon - let's help this petition for Latin American Spanish be add to Pokémon games and with that may increase chance that in future Pokémon games adds more languages. :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-7289-6600-2802 | 3DS Friend Code: 4270-5974-5136 | My Nintendo: SViper | Nintendo Network ID: TheSViper | Twitter:

VoidofLight

@SViper I highly doubt it. The game logic and anime logic are two entirely different things, as presented by past occasions. There have been many times where the games and anime differ, especially with pokemon size and weight. I can't see them adding Z-Moves or Megas to the diamond and pearl remakes, given they outright dropped Z-Moves after the first gen they were included in.

SViper

@VoidofLight I was not talking about Anime in first place, I was talking that it made me check held items section and then I learned that mechanic from games. So I was talking about games machinic not Anime mechanic. Refixed a bit of the text of that post again to have less chance to see this misunderstandment.

Edited on by SViper

VoidofLight

@SViper Ah. Still, I don't think they'd do the Z-Move thing, seeing as they didn't do it in Gen 7, and it really doesn't seem like BDSP or Legends will have gimmicks.

SViper

@VoidofLight you mean Gen 8th? Because Z-Moves was Gen 7th thing to begin with. They did Mega for RS remake ORAS, so BDSP most likely may have one of three gimmicks at least too.

Edited on by SViper

VoidofLight

@SViper yes, gen 8. BDSP won’t have any gimmicks, seeing as it’s a 1:1 remake, and the only one that’d even work outside a specific region are megas. Z-Moves are soecific to alola, and are culture specific, with the stones and rings only ever being in alola. G-maxes wouldn’t work unless raid battles came back, which they won’t.

SViper

@VoidofLight I know about lore. Funny fact, Ash will be using Z-Move in Hyper Class battle at Sinnoh next week, so. If it will be 1:1 remake like no new moves, move sets, Fairy-type, updated moves, updated stats, updated abilities, hidden abilities, changed abilities for some Pokémon, limited TMs and so on. Then people will consider this not as a remake anymore, but as total cash grab of rereleasing same game just in 3D. Yes, they said 1:1, but we really don't know if they going for just Graphic update at this point yet and how could been effected development of game in almost half year with all people feedback.

Edited on by SViper

Anti-Matter

Imagine if there is Gigantamax on BDSP.

Anti-Matter

VoidofLight

@SViper This post here just shows how Final Fantasy 7’s retelling ruined the perception of what counts as a remake. Even if BDSP is 1:1, it is still a remake, as a lot of remakes are often graphical changes, and that’s it. It doesn’t make it a cash grab, as work still goes into the remake, it’s just that they don’t make drastic additions to the gameplay.

As for remasters, those are just taking the sane game, same engine, and touching it up, instead of remaking assets from the ground up.

The Pokemon Journeys anime has all the regions crossing over, and Ash already has his z-ring from Alola, so again, the anime means nothing here. It’s literally just the nature of the newest series..

The pokemon company did say that BDSP will have some modernizations to make it more enjoyable, and if I had to guess it would be things like adding fairy types, no more annoying slowdown, tm’s being multi-use, forced exp share, and other modernizations.

I would not, however, expect things like megas, z-moves, or any other gimmicks that weren’t in Sinnoh originally, as they weren’t in the original, and change little about the game, other than megas changing some of the stuff in competitive.

SViper

@VoidofLight but Pokémon was remaking games always this way, so it's not Final Fantasy thing this time.
I know, but this is will be first time that Z-Moves will be used outside Alola.
So it will not be 1:1 where is just graphical update to begin with.
We can wish and hope at least until it's released or said by them otherwise.

Edited on by SViper

Eel

I’d say we should wait until we know more before judging if these will be faithful to a fault to the source.

(I highly doubt they will, though, it’s just not the kind of franchise that would simply re-release the exact same game with updated graphics)

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

VoidofLight

@SViper Z-Moves can only work like that in the anime, since Ash kept his Z-Ring. Where would you even get the crystals in BDSP, if they keep the story the exact same, without trials? They're culturally linked to Alola, where as Megas could function anywhere, given the ultimate weapon caused the stones to be formed.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic