Forums

Topic: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl

Posts 221 to 240 of 1,097

VoidofLight

@Anti-Matter We don't know, but seeing as it's getting it's own game, and the originals didn't do an Arceus event, probably not.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Sisilly_G

I’m hoping that Manaphy will be obtainable by default, and that Shaymin and Darkrai will be demoted from their event status like Deoxys was in the Gen III remakes. If nothing else, I can see Darkrai being demoted as it complements Cresselia in the game’s lore.

I don’t expect the Hall of Origin to finally make its official debut, but I have a feeling that Arceus will be offered as a bonus for those with Legends: Arceus save data, which would be preferable as obtaining it won’t be tied to a timed event.

Edited on by Sisilly_G

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Eel

Back then my best friend had a game shark (/action replay?), and he used it to get me the event trigger items. Much to my amusement.

That arceus I caught with the azure flute then went on to be used multiple times in Soul Silver, to get me level 1 giratinas, palkias, and dialgas… I really wish I hadn’t transferred it to Pokémon bank when I made my living dex there.

If we get another de-mythified Pokémon (like celebi and deoxys), I hope it’s manaphy, egg and all. I’ve always wanted to see that event. It would also be the best candidate, being the only mythical Pokémon you “encountered” in the games originally.

(Manaphy was required to complete the sinnoh dex, so the games allowed to you register it as “seen” via an in-game book)

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Anti-Matter

I would like to see Game Freaks try what did Level-5 do with their Yokai Watch 3DS games.
If you have some Save data from other version, you can quickly get exclusive Yokai. Also, using the Gacha or something like that method to get daily Pokemon everyday.

Anti-Matter

Eel

You can get daily Pokémon… By going and catching them.

Pokémon are not like the yokai in Yokai Watch. they’re easy to find and get in large quantities.

Bloop.

VoidofLight

@Anti-Matter Yeah, no.. that wouldn't work for something like pokemon. It'd just be tedious and the save data thing is just a horrible idea, which would promote getting both versions to complete the pokedex.. which at that point, why not just make the game one single version?

There's a reason why Yokai Watch 3 didn't get split versions in the international release, since 2 did so and it didn't bode well for them.

Eel

To be fair on the save data function, the original Diamond and Pearl already did something kinda like that, they would make certain Pokémon appear in the wild depending on which Pokémon game you had on the GBA slot.

If they wanted to take inspiration from that, they could make the game detect save data from older Pokémon Switch games and add exclusive wild Pokémon (from those games/region) that way.

Would that be a good practice? Maybe not. But it would have a precedent. (And depending on what Pokémon they add, it could be cool. As long as they don’t go and lock any relevant Gen IV Pokémon behind the mechanic again.)

Coincidentally… Diamond and Pearl, and these new remakes…. Both pairs would be able to detect data from their own sets of Kanto remakes.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

VoidofLight

@Eel That would be wild honestly.. but I'm still pretty eh on it.

This also for some reason brought to mind the Poketch, and how it's confirmed to return. Wonder how it'll work this time. Also wonder how two screen gimmicks will as well.

Edited on by VoidofLight

Eel

Oh. Idea.

What if save data from Let’s go made it possible to find some Alolan variants, while save data from SwSh made it possible to get some Galarian variants.

That’d be interesting. In a safe and dull way.

I do hope the poketch returns with several apps and stuff. But I don’t see it being as interactive as before. Which will be a big shame to be honest, the Poketch was a lot of fun.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

VoidofLight

@Eel Yeah.. it's going to be a shame that a bunch of the gen 4 gimmicks with the touch screen might have to be shafted due to how the switch functions.

Bolt_Strike

@VoidofLight Considering how they're claiming Dexit is the new normal, I don't think it's even safe to assume that SwSh can trade with BDSP. There's probably going to be some Pokemon in SwSh that aren't in BDSP and if you want to send your SwSh Pokemon to BDSP (if they're even in BDSP), you'll probably have to transfer them to Home and then to BDSP as I don't expect they'll be able to trade and battle with each other.

I'm about 50/50 on if they're going to have any 5th-8th gen Pokemon in the game at all or if it'll be closer to LGPE where they just have Pokemon from the original games. The major consideration is that they also have LA to consider, they'll probably have some selection of Pokemon exclusive to LA. I suspect you'll be able to have a complete National Dex with SwSh, BDSP, and LA, but you'll need all 6 of them (plus the Expansion Pass for each version of SwSh) to get them all, so some of the missing ones will probably be in BDSP and some of them will be in LA. As for how they divvy them up? That's a very interesting question. It's probably safe to assume all of Platinum's 210 + the remaining 4th gen legendaries will be in BDSP (minus Arceus, which might be a LA exclusive). We also have a hint that new Pokemon will be in LA's main game by the presence of Spheal in the first trailer, as Spheal is not in the Sinnoh Dex in DPPt (it is available in the post game, but seeing Spheal this early implies that it might be in the Sinnoh Dex in LA's main game), and the foreign starters.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Anti-Matter

I was wondering if there will be some character outfits customization in Pokemon BDSP or it will be like ORAS situation (no clothing customization).

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

VoidofLight

@Bolt_Strike Only issue is, Legends Arceus is a singleplayer only game, with no online components.

Also, I don't think BDSP will trade with either, but I just said that, since I didn't want someone jumping on me for saying it. I feel like BDSP will be enclosed, and will only really trade with one another, as well as only having gen 4 species.

Legends might introduce new forms of pokemon or something to replace pokemon that had no way of existing, yet exist in platinums dex, but that's about it.

VoidofLight

@Anti-Matter It's BDSP, and I assume it's going to be like ORAS, since the models would be nearly impossible to customize, and they're trying to keep things faithful to the originals.

Eel

I assume they’ll just consider trading through Home to be enough communication between both pairs.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

VoidofLight

@Eel Same. I was thinking they could possibly do something where they update sword and shield to add the gen 4 pokemon that were excluded, so people have a game to properly play competitive with still.. but eh, I'm leaning more on them still not doing it.

Eel

We can only hope so! Colosseum and DX had back and forth compatibility with the GBA games.

I don't see any reason for these remakes to use some sort of unique or special Pokemon stat system like Let's Go and Go, so I'd like to assume the Pokemon won't have troubles coming and going between SwSh and BDSP.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Anti-Matter

I wonder until which generation for the Pokedex of BDSP.
ORAS = Until Gen 5
Let's Go = Until Gen 7
BDSP = Until Gen 6 ???

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Eel

If they want to be loyal to the source material to a fault, then the Pokémon available will go up to generation IV.

But I think we’re all hoping they mix things up, even if they don’t add every single Pokémon, it would be great to see some surprises.

Bloop.

Eel

It had two different drawing apps, a calculator, a counter (which back then a lot of people used to keep track of IVs), etc.

Outside of the touch screen interactions, it also served as an always-on information display, with apps that show the status of your Pokémon, various types of maps, Pokémon day care status, etc.

They may make it return in name, but it will be impossible to fully capture what it was in the originals.

Bloop.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic