Forums

Topic: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl

Posts 101 to 120 of 1,100

Octane

@timleon I think that's because of the fixed battle camera, instead of the dynamic camera that was present in other games.

Octane

Buizel

@Octane I think it's more the lighting and the trainer models. Everything looks quite plastic rather than alive.

Previously "timleon" and "HunterLeon"

Currently playing: Pokemon Brilliant Diamond, Shin Megami Tensei V, Ghost of Tsushima

Diddy64

@VoidofLight That would be a good idea to later integrate him in a special episode with Giratina like they did with Zinia and Rayquaza in the Delta Episode of Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alfa Sapphire.

Undergoing games:
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

Eel

Apparently some upcoming merch strongly suggests these games will feature Mega Evolutions.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Silly_G

@Eel : Mega Porygon-Z please, please, please, please!!!

OR/AS also added new forms for the key legendaries (plus other megas that weren't in X&Y), so this gives me at least SOMETHING to look forward to in these remakes.

Ooh, and Mega Togekiss too.

An affiliate link to a Link in need is an affiliate Link indeed.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Eel

@Silly_G apparently there's figurines based on the kanto starters mega evolutions scheduled to release in November. Which seems to be the same thing that happened with Let's Go.

Nothing said about new ones so far. Though I suppose it wouldn't make sense for them to release that information before revealing the characters.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

VoidofLight

Honestly, even if new figures are being made, I'm still not really expecting Mega's to return. Especially because it seems like this is trying to be as faithful as possible in terms of being a remake.

Currently Playing: SoulCalibur VI, Professor Layton and the curious village, SMT V.

Eel

The gracidea flower lady being there already destroyed the possibility of these being “faithful to a fault”. So it’s ok to think Megas have a chance.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

RaphaBoss

I need help.
Curious if I should get this. I played platinum and spent hundread of hours in the battle frontier. If they remove that, I have no interest in the game. I'm more of a compeititive pokemon player, I don't care much about the main story. I'm really looking foward to play ranked battles without the need of battle revolution, as I needed that game on Wii to have ranked battles in the diamon/pearl/platinum days.
I might just get Sword and Shield as I didn't get it yet( underwhelmed by some graphic isssues, pokémon animations and the lack of some Pokémons), and it would be a complete new experience. Not having all the pokémons is a bummer, but I doubt these new remakes will have more pokémon.
Should I just get Sword and Shield or wait for this? I will get Legends Arceus later anyway if they improve the overworld.

RaphaBoss

VoidofLight

@RaphaBoss Sword and Shield itself is underwhelming in even the story aspect honestly.. and we simply don't know enough about these remakes to see if they're worth it. Legends also is a single player game, and will probably have a different battle system, going by the leaked materials that released before the presentation yesterday.

Currently Playing: SoulCalibur VI, Professor Layton and the curious village, SMT V.

RaphaBoss

@VoidofLight well we did see the four traditional moves in one of the pictures of Legends Arceus and we know it's turb based.
Anyway, I actualy like Sword and Shield's graphics, if I ignore a few low textures here and there (trees...uhh), it still looks better than the new remakes outside of battles, but nostalgia will make me love it anyway lol. I hope we get some info soon enough so I can chose bitween Sword and Shield or BD and SP.

RaphaBoss

I-U

I'm very simple when it comes to this remake. If they take the battles from the original Diamond and Pearl and bring them up to speed with pretty much every other main Pokemon game, these remakes would be the superior experience and I would actually be able to appreciate Sinnoh. I'm already fine with the overall presentation of the game shown so far, and I do think QOL features the series has added since 2007 will be a part of the remakes (i.e. unlimited TM use, EXP share from the start, etc). I think too that whatever Platinum added onto Sinnoh compared to D/P will be present in these remakes and that at some point late or post game Giratina will be a story focus like how there was a shift with the Delta Episode in OR/AS. Overall, I'm really looking forward to these remakes (might end up being the best main games on Switch) more so than I am Pokemon Legends Arceus, which has plenty of potential but is too uncertain currently.

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

RaphaBoss

@Araquanid Having a proper online and not being isolated like the Let's Go games will seal the deal for me, if not, I won't buy it. I would like to have pokémons outside of the 4 first gens.

RaphaBoss

VoidofLight

I hope the online Minigames come back. I know the underground's back due to the trailer, so the game is bound to have normal online.

Eel

Ok so the actual figurines listed to be releasing later this year are:

• Darkrai
  • Cresselia
  • Piplup
  • Mega Charizard X
  • Mega Lucario
  • Zygarde (complete)

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

rallydefault

@RaphaBoss
I'm definitely not as hardcore as you, but I had an awesome time with Sword, and they added a lot more Pokemon with the expansion packs. And they're still supporting it with lots of events and it's not hard to get online battles. If you have the money, I would go for it. Otherwise just settle in and wait a year for these remakes to come out, I guess.

rallydefault

Araquanid

rallydefault wrote:

@RaphaBoss
and it's not hard to get online battles.

Depends, sword and shield are probably one of the least playable games with online functionality.

The biggest issues is the rulesets for battling makes 6v6s impossible to play.. 20 minutes (and it keeps ticking through animations like leftovers, substitute, moves, etc) just isn't enough for an average match. This is why the cartridge battling community is dead and its just little kids using their in-game/legendary teams. You can shiny hunt still, but that becomes meaningless if you can't even build a team to battle with them in 6v6.. you're basically limited to 3v3 battle spot and that has restrictions, is genuinely not as fun as 6v6, and is horribly unbalanced (especially with dynamaxing). Its better to just battle on showdown for free.

Regardless, swsh are definitely the absolute easiest in the franchise to pick up and start out in, due to all the conveniences, but its unironically half the game it should've been on release.

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

rallydefault

@Araquanid
As i stated, I'm not serious about battling, but in sword anytime I que for an online battle, it finds one for me very quickly. That's all that i meant.

rallydefault

RaphaBoss

@Araquanid this makes me want to wait for BD/SP. I like showdown but I have little incentive to play it as I don't know newer pokemon and I just get my ass kicked. I would like to live a pokemon adventure first, it's how I get to know pokemon and get attached to them. I will try sword and Shield before buying and get my conclusions.

RaphaBoss

Eel

If you want to play them just play them.

They're really not bad games.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic