Forums

Topic: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl

Posts 101 to 120 of 1,097

RaphaBoss

I need help.
Curious if I should get this. I played platinum and spent hundread of hours in the battle frontier. If they remove that, I have no interest in the game. I'm more of a compeititive pokemon player, I don't care much about the main story. I'm really looking foward to play ranked battles without the need of battle revolution, as I needed that game on Wii to have ranked battles in the diamon/pearl/platinum days.
I might just get Sword and Shield as I didn't get it yet( underwhelmed by some graphic isssues, pokémon animations and the lack of some Pokémons), and it would be a complete new experience. Not having all the pokémons is a bummer, but I doubt these new remakes will have more pokémon.
Should I just get Sword and Shield or wait for this? I will get Legends Arceus later anyway if they improve the overworld.

RaphaBoss

VoidofLight

@RaphaBoss Sword and Shield itself is underwhelming in even the story aspect honestly.. and we simply don't know enough about these remakes to see if they're worth it. Legends also is a single player game, and will probably have a different battle system, going by the leaked materials that released before the presentation yesterday.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

RaphaBoss

@VoidofLight well we did see the four traditional moves in one of the pictures of Legends Arceus and we know it's turb based.
Anyway, I actualy like Sword and Shield's graphics, if I ignore a few low textures here and there (trees...uhh), it still looks better than the new remakes outside of battles, but nostalgia will make me love it anyway lol. I hope we get some info soon enough so I can chose bitween Sword and Shield or BD and SP.

RaphaBoss

I-U

I'm very simple when it comes to this remake. If they take the battles from the original Diamond and Pearl and bring them up to speed with pretty much every other main Pokemon game, these remakes would be the superior experience and I would actually be able to appreciate Sinnoh. I'm already fine with the overall presentation of the game shown so far, and I do think QOL features the series has added since 2007 will be a part of the remakes (i.e. unlimited TM use, EXP share from the start, etc). I think too that whatever Platinum added onto Sinnoh compared to D/P will be present in these remakes and that at some point late or post game Giratina will be a story focus like how there was a shift with the Delta Episode in OR/AS. Overall, I'm really looking forward to these remakes (might end up being the best main games on Switch) more so than I am Pokemon Legends Arceus, which has plenty of potential but is too uncertain currently.

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

RaphaBoss

@Araquanid Having a proper online and not being isolated like the Let's Go games will seal the deal for me, if not, I won't buy it. I would like to have pokémons outside of the 4 first gens.

RaphaBoss

VoidofLight

I hope the online Minigames come back. I know the underground's back due to the trailer, so the game is bound to have normal online.

Eel

Ok so the actual figurines listed to be releasing later this year are:

• Darkrai
  • Cresselia
  • Piplup
  • Mega Charizard X
  • Mega Lucario
  • Zygarde (complete)

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

rallydefault

@RaphaBoss
I'm definitely not as hardcore as you, but I had an awesome time with Sword, and they added a lot more Pokemon with the expansion packs. And they're still supporting it with lots of events and it's not hard to get online battles. If you have the money, I would go for it. Otherwise just settle in and wait a year for these remakes to come out, I guess.

rallydefault

Araquanid

rallydefault wrote:

@RaphaBoss
and it's not hard to get online battles.

Depends, sword and shield are probably one of the least playable games with online functionality.

The biggest issues is the rulesets for battling makes 6v6s impossible to play.. 20 minutes (and it keeps ticking through animations like leftovers, substitute, moves, etc) just isn't enough for an average match. This is why the cartridge battling community is dead and its just little kids using their in-game/legendary teams. You can shiny hunt still, but that becomes meaningless if you can't even build a team to battle with them in 6v6.. you're basically limited to 3v3 battle spot and that has restrictions, is genuinely not as fun as 6v6, and is horribly unbalanced (especially with dynamaxing). Its better to just battle on showdown for free.

Regardless, swsh are definitely the absolute easiest in the franchise to pick up and start out in, due to all the conveniences, but its unironically half the game it should've been on release.

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

rallydefault

@Araquanid
As i stated, I'm not serious about battling, but in sword anytime I que for an online battle, it finds one for me very quickly. That's all that i meant.

rallydefault

RaphaBoss

@Araquanid this makes me want to wait for BD/SP. I like showdown but I have little incentive to play it as I don't know newer pokemon and I just get my ass kicked. I would like to live a pokemon adventure first, it's how I get to know pokemon and get attached to them. I will try sword and Shield before buying and get my conclusions.

RaphaBoss

rallydefault

That's all I was trying to say. If you want a new Pokemon adventure, I had an awesome time with Sword.

rallydefault

Green_Shyguy

I'm excited about these games, they look cute and it's a long time since I've played Gen 4 so it'll be nice to revisit Sinnoh. I hope they mix the regional Pokedex around a bit.

Green_Shyguy

SViper

I'm excited about these games and I'm planning to buy probably Brilliant Diamond.
Here some things I want to see in these remakes:
Some encounters mix up from Platinum like be able to catch Ponyta just before taking on 1st Gym (Route 207) not after 2nd Gym (Route 206).
Gym Leaders teams from Platinum instead of Diamond & Pearl to make game a bit difficult than usual.
Fix clothes, because Diamond & Pearl protagonists clothes was not suited for Sinnoh climate, but Platinum was. Or add option in character choose screen which design you want for your character: Diamond & Pearl or Platinum.
And going along with everyone I wouldn't mind to see return of Battle Frontier from Platinum.

http://twitch.tv/TheSViper
https://www.change.org/p/anmtvla-pokemonlatam-español-latino-en-los-juegos-de-pokémon - let's help this petition for Latin American Spanish be add to Pokémon games and with that may increase chance that in future Pokémon games adds more languages. :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-7289-6600-2802 | 3DS Friend Code: 4270-5974-5136 | My Nintendo: SViper | Nintendo Network ID: TheSViper | Twitter:

Suicune

I'm very unimpressed with the art style. I don't mind the chibi-style, and I'm all for experimentation but at least go all out like Link's Awakening. This is neither here nor there: the same DS game with a very slight 3D coating, yet without its charm.

However, if the games include the platinum content, especially its regional dex, loses the HM's and disposable TM's, it might just be my favourite game since Gen 5. Platinum was a top tier game, so fingers crossed they take that one as the example.

Suicune

VoidofLight

@Suicune I don't think they'll cut the HM's, since if I remember correctly, they were integral to the level design. If they cut them, then they'd have to change a lot of routes, and remove a lot of secret areas.

SViper

@Suicune the NPC that was add in Platinum at Floaroma Town are in these remakes, so more enchantments from Platinum is probably possible in these remakes. Plus these are Pokémon remakes, so things like Fairy-type and infinite use TMs most likely or even for sure will be in these remakes, because Pokémon remakes always add new things from newer Generations.

Edited on by SViper

http://twitch.tv/TheSViper
https://www.change.org/p/anmtvla-pokemonlatam-español-latino-en-los-juegos-de-pokémon - let's help this petition for Latin American Spanish be add to Pokémon games and with that may increase chance that in future Pokémon games adds more languages. :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-7289-6600-2802 | 3DS Friend Code: 4270-5974-5136 | My Nintendo: SViper | Nintendo Network ID: TheSViper | Twitter:

Eel

It's possible they'll find a way to work around the HM, either giving us something similar to the poke rides from gen 7 (permanent upgrades that don't require us to carry a pokemon with the move), or maybe, simply making HM just possible to forget like normal moves.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

VoidofLight

@Eel A friend of mine thought of a system where pokemon have normal move slots, and HM slots. The HM slots can't be used in battle, as they're separate from battle moves, but allow you to traverse the world.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic