Forums

Topic: Pikmin 3 Deluxe Thread

Posts 161 to 177 of 177

Bevinator

I wasn’t going to buy this game as I had already got hundreds of hours out of it on the Wii U, plus Nintendo annoyed me by releasing this instead of Pikmin 4.

I’m glad I got over myself and bought this again, we are all having a blast with it and the kids have surprised me with how good they are at this game. Will probably end up getting my monies worth from this game.

Still a little annoying that this isn’t Pikmin 4 though, guess I’m part of the problem lol

they say that life’s a carousel, spinning fast you’ve got to ride it well. The world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams. It’s heaven and hell.

My Nintendo: Bevinator

toiletduck

After reading all the comments here and playing the demo, I conclude that the game is fun but also quite light on content if you're put off by timers and speedruns. I may consider the game in some future discount, but it's not worth full price to me.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

kerr9000

I didnt think it was going to be worth it having finished the game on Wii U but I ended up getting it and in all honesty its just so full of joy and fun that I am so pleased I ended up getting it.

kerr9000

jump

Pikmin 3 is £24.99 at Smyth Toys for any UK folk who haven't got it yet.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Munchlax

@FixMadden22 “Sale ends 25 Sept” means that the 33% off discount ends on Sept 25.

Munchlax

Anti-Matter

Hiya, I played Pikmin 3 DELUXE since two weeks ago.
I have almost finished the game, but I still have some questions about this game.
1. How do I get White and Purple Pikmin?
2. Can I keep continue the game after 99 Days?
3. Are the fruits respawnable to keep my Juice supply?
4. If I choose to replay again from Days before after I have reached several numbers of days (Example I have reached Day 20 but decide to play again from Day 1) what will happen to my current belongings (Pikmins, Juice supply, other stuffs) ?

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

FixMadden22 wrote:

Nintendo is discontinuing pikmin 3 deluxe and nobody is paying attention. https://twitter.com/AidanRolle2/status/1570180332049113088
I've made tweets and sent dms but nobody cares. Does anybody out there care?

Oh, that's explained why suddenly the supply of Pikmin 3 Deluxe in my country Indonesia suddenly dropped and only two game shop in my country who still provide that game despite they have to charge with higher price after the discontinuation of Pikmin 3 Deluxe physical release. 😯

Anti-Matter

WaffleBoat

@Anti-Matter
1. Purple and white pikmin are only in mission mode.
2. No but in pikmin 4 they removed the day limit.
3. No.
4. They disappear unfortunately.

I fear no man
but that thing:
The carrot minigame from bowser's inside story
it scares me

Anti-Matter

@WaffleBoat
1. So the Mission Mode is the main storyline, right? Not the Side Story mode ? And where is the place to get White and Purple Pikmin in Pikmin 3 Deluxe ?

2. I found from YouTube if you keep continue from Day 99, the game will be soft locked.
Is that true ? 😨

3. Aw, dang... Better I get all the fruits as possible and not wasting the time on the same place again.

4. Aw, snap....

Anti-Matter

WaffleBoat

@Anti-Matter
Mission mode is not side story or the main storyline it should be available on the main menu. the purple and white pikmin are only in certain missions.
i don’t think it’s possible to get to day 99 without hacking so I wouldn’t worry about the game getting softlocked.

Edited on by WaffleBoat

I fear no man
but that thing:
it scares me

Anti-Matter

@WaffleBoat
Okay, thanks for the quicks answer. 👍
Btw, are Pikmin games from 1 - 3 are the games that we cannot play forever after the storyline finished due to day limitation ?
Like when the game ended, is ended completely and nothing we can do but play other games.

Anti-Matter

WaffleBoat

@Anti-Matter
You can start a new file for 1 and 3. The games encourage you to do so for high scores and no pikmin deaths. However in pikmin 2 the day limit is gone but it’s also much harder.

I fear no man
but that thing:
it scares me

Anti-Matter

So, I still have difficulty to bring Olimar safe from Formidable Oak as that golden liquid stuffs was really ruining my strategy to bring the Olimar safe and at the same time I have to get through the long labyrinth before the time is running out.
I have tried Distraction strategy by lead Brittany to circle around with Pikmins carrying Olimar so the golden liquid creature will keep chasing Brittany and at the same time I lead Alph to get through the labyrinth with all my 5 types of Pikmins.
But the problem was I still have no idea to find the other bridge pieces to complete the bridge shortcut as I have to keep the Olimar safe and my Pikmin teams still alive as there were quite a lot small creatures that could kill my Pikmins.
I felt frustrated with some of my trials and error strategy, yet still I struggled to keep my whole Pikmin team safe as once the golden liquid suck the Olimar, I got panic and I could accidentally gave wrong commands for my Pikmins and it will kill a lot of my Pikmins.

Any better strategy to bring Olimar out from the labyrinth at Formidable Oak ?

Anti-Matter

javierferrerm

Hiya everyone! It took me 22 years to get my first Pikmin game and now I am so psyched that my goal is to complete 1, 2 and 4 this year (currently on the second playthrough of 3 Deluxe, on Hard mode).

However, I am struggling with the murals. Sure, I could look up their location online, but what's the fun in that?

So, two questions:

1. Any tips? I had no idea of them during my first playthrough, and now, I have partially searched in the first three areas and have found none, except for the first one below the bridge.

2. Most importantly, are they visible to the naked eye? Or do you have to constantly pull your camera in every place to find them?

javierferrerm

Wolfleaf

This is a bit of long shot, but did anyone get a code to redeem for a cosmetic on the Pikmin Bloom app once they had played the demo for this game? I would love to use the code if it's of no use you (fingers crossed!).

edit: you had to have played during 2022 which is why i am asking

Edited on by Wolfleaf

Wolfleaf

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic