Forums

Topic: Pikmin 3 Deluxe Thread

Posts 141 to 160 of 177

Mountain_Man

And... I beat the game. Well, the main campaign at least. Took me just under 15-hours, and I was even taking my time, exploring, returning to previous areas to solve puzzles and collect fruit that I had missed previously, had 40+ bottles of juice in stock — and then I suddenly beat the final boss. I didn't even realize I was at the end game until the final cut scene played and the credits rolled. Felt like the game was just getting started, and suddenly it was over. It really could have been twice as long without wearing out its welcome.

Well, there's still the timed missions and other content, and I suppose I could always run through it again at a higher difficulty, but man, I wish there was more to the main campaign.

The Mountain Man

toiletduck

@Mountain_Man that sounds disappointing... 😕 glad to hear at least you had fun.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

JaxonH

@Mountain_Man
Sounds about right. It took me around 15 hrs when I beat it on Wii U. Which is actually a reasonable length for a game, but because it’s so enjoyable the time flies right by. It leaves you wanting more. But I think that’s a good thing- better to end on a high note than overstay it’s welcome like many games do. I would have liked it to be even larger though. It’s just so good.

But, this game has all the DLC and missions, 35 in total, and it has 2 more side story campaigns for Louie and Olimar. Hear that’s around 4 hrs, plus however long the 35 missions take, which I’m guessing is at least another 5 hours without replaying any of them (but they’re designed for replayability).

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Mountain_Man

JaxonH wrote:

@Mountain_Man
Sounds about right. It took me around 15 hrs when I beat it on Wii U. Which is actually a reasonable length for a game, but because it’s so enjoyable the time flies right by. It leaves you wanting more. But I think that’s a good thing- better to end on a high note than overstay it’s welcome like many games do. I would have liked it to be even larger though. It’s just so good.

But, this game has all the DLC and missions, 35 in total, and it has 2 more side story campaigns for Louie and Olimar. Hear that’s around 4 hrs, plus however long the 35 missions take, which I’m guessing is at least another 5 hours without replaying any of them (but they’re designed for replayability).

I have a saying: A good game is always too short, and a bad game is always too long.

I'll have to give the side stories a look since I'm definitely itching for more Pikmin.

The Mountain Man

JaxonH

@Tendo64
Yes. It just says Game Over, and gives you the option to replay that day or a previous day before that. You never have to start over, unless you choose to do so.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

link3710

Pikmin 3 Deluxe sold nearly double in physical sales from the first week physical sales of it's Wii U counterpart in Japan, and now has the best launch of any game in the series in that region. It's physical alone beat Pikmin 2, before digital even is taken into account.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

Octane

Pikmin 4 confirmed!

Octane

JaxonH

As I suspected. It seemed to be doing pretty well overall. UK is just a weird region sometimes. It's so tiny that large fluctuations from expectations are more likely.

Mountain_Man

It seems the extra missions are more like speed runs compared to the more laid back main campaign. Each one gives you a hard time limit between 5 to 15-minutes in which to collect as much treasure, fruit, and kill as many enemies as you can with your performance ranked at the end. Enjoyable enough, but I prefer the casual, open-ended levels of the campaign.

The Mountain Man

JaxonH

@Mountain_Man
I like the campaign most myself, but I do appreciate having some variety and a little bit of a different take on the formula. It’s nice having some different experiences within the game to complement the campaign. Plus the after hours mechanic does let you take your time after the limit expires, if you just want to get all the fruit. I like challenging myself to get gold though.

The 2 side story campaigns should be more traditional at least. I would expect, anyways.

Mountain_Man

JaxonH wrote:

The 2 side story campaigns should be more traditional at least. I would expect, anyways.

No, they're all timed missions.

I wasn't aware of the "after hours" feature.

The Mountain Man

Quarth

Just beat the main story. My first Pikmin game. Only have this to say: this title IS Nintendo for me. Pure gaming magic! An easy 10/10 here.

Edited on by Quarth

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

kkslider5552000

I just wanna say straight up that Pikmin 3 is awesome and you should probably buy it if you're interested.

This is the most boring post to make in this thread, but I'm worried its gonna be forgotten as the holiday season comes along. It's great, its the best Pikmin game, its the best Pikmin game for newbies, highly recommended.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

JaxonH

@Quarth

Agreed. Pikmin 3 is one of my all time faves. There’s nothing else like it.

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I just wanna say straight up that Pikmin 3 is awesome and you should probably buy it if you're interested.

This is the most boring post to make in this thread, but I'm worried its gonna be forgotten as the holiday season comes along. It's great, its the best Pikmin game, its the best Pikmin game for newbies, highly recommended.

Hear hear.

People just don’t know what they’re missing!

k8sMum

@JaxonH
You are so right about this game: it's great. It's just so much fun. I don't understand all the griping about resolution as it looks great on the tv. It's nice to see bright colours after the watercolour palette in BoTW and even ACNH.

LOVE your new avatar!

Switch friend code: SW-2516-0773-8992
Dream Addy: DA-3238-0526-8917

JaxonH

@k8sMum
So glad to hear you're loving it. Pikmin 3 is one of those games that's just so incredibly good, yet nobody gives it the time of day. It gets treated like it's just some B grade property rather than the masterclass franchise it is.

The colors really are nice. With a demo, youd think more people would give it a try, but even with a demo it seems a lot of people still arent interested, as they already made their minds up about it beforehand. At least there's some who are getting turned onto the series. That's a win.

Gotta represent the Rock Pikmin! My favorites

Octane

Rock Pikmin are the non-ugly Purple Pikmin.

Octane

Mountain_Man

JaxonH wrote:

@k8sMum
So glad to hear you're loving it. Pikmin 3 is one of those games that's just so incredibly good, yet nobody gives it the time of day. It gets treated like it's just some B grade property rather than the masterclass franchise it is.

This is true for a lot of Miyomato's unconventional and experimental games.

The Mountain Man

JaxonH

@Mountain_Man
Pikmin is on another level though imo, even for Miamoto. It’s his best work. Those Pikmin short films were sensational. The humor is so good. On par with anything I’ve seen come out of Disney or Pixar in the last 20 years.

Miamoto’s getting older. I hope before he retires he gives us Pikmin 4. If this game sells well, it may give them the push to prioritize it that it needs.

Mountain_Man

JaxonH wrote:

@Mountain_Man
Pikmin is on another level though imo, even for Miamoto. It’s his best work. Those Pikmin short films were sensational. The humor is so good. On par with anything I’ve seen come out of Disney or Pixar in the last 20 years.

Miamoto’s getting older. I hope before he retires he gives us Pikmin 4. If this game sells well, it may give them the push to prioritize it that it needs.

I agree, the Pikmin series is brilliant, but it's unconventional, and one of the ironies of gamers is that while they claim they want originality, the majority of folks always seem to shun anything that doesn't look like a game they've played a dozen times before.

The Mountain Man

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic