Forums

Topic: "Nintendo Switch 2" what improvement's should the next Console have?

Posts 101 to 119 of 119

FishyS

Personally I like the variety of opinions here. As long as it doesn't get too too heated.

@Anti-Matter I kinda like that song tbh 😝 nostalgia vibes.

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

skywake

WaveBoy wrote:

He has a rep for constantly putting down anybody who enjoys video games that happen to have the teeniest amount of violence in them

Honestly, it always kinda reminded me of when I used to get into political arguments with idealistically "pure" Libertarians. Where they'd be fundamentally opposed to ANY government in ANY sense because it was "an act of violence". Income tax? Violence. Rolling out infrastructure down your street? Violence. Fines for people driving under the influence? Violence

No critical thinking just everything and everything that crosses whatever arbitrary line you've drawn? Bad. Just because. Honestly, having argued with those kinds of people in the past Anti is a little kitty cat. I can easily block it out, even before for some reason I was blocked by the man himself for.... I still don't know what....

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
An opinion is only respectable if it can be defended. Respect people, not opinions

JaxonH

@skywake
Never said it was high end.

They're just not gonna do it.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

WaveBoy wrote:

@skywake
Jaxon just makes me laugh >

"But as someone who's played 120fps and flipped back and forth to 60fps to test it, I could barely notice. It was so remarkably unimpressive I permanently locked everything to 60 for VRR on a global level"

What a complete and utter load of BS. Who is this guy trying to kid? You don't have to care for 120, but to say it looks so remarkably unimpressive compared to 60 is just a straight up lie, that, or just a terrible opinion. If my own brother and cousin, one of which isn't a gamer, can easily spot the difference between the two, while mentioning just how much better 120 looks than 60, than why can't Jaxon? He has a tendency of constantly undermining and scoffing off the competition and it's getting really irritating. I can't stand fanboyism of any kind.

Don't try to pit @skywake against me. We may have different views sometimes but me and @skywake are NOT enemies trying to insult each other, though unfortunately trying to weaponize a simple difference of opinion to insult and marginalize me is par for the course with you. You've never been civil, ever, in all the years you've been on this site. And you seem to take it personally when someone's opinion deviates one iota from your dogma.

Every discussion you partake in becomes uncomfortable and uncivil. The common denominator is always you.

"How could this Jaxon guy POSSIBLY have an opinion different than mine?!". Said every authoritarian ideologue ever. Yes, 120fps was so utterly unremarkable I locked it to 60 for 4k. You don't have to agree, but you WILL respect my opinion without mocking me or you will likely be banned in short order. If you can't handle civil discussion you shouldn't be here.

I haven't even mentioned "competition". You're such a fanboy yourself you imagine things that don't even exist so you can justify your illogical hatred. This isn't a "console war" issue. Nobody's even talking about other systems. We're discussing Switch 2 and features.

So please, take the grade school insults back to reddit or wherever it is that tolerates such type of discourse, and let the civil friends and adults have a discussion in peace.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

AnVold

It just need to be handheld, monolithic, run a modern games in stable 720p 30 fps and fix that stick drift already. That will be fine for me.

GOIDA!
I hear ZOV.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1060-2447-4147 | 3DS Friend Code: 1092-0244-9690 | My Nintendo: Sunstrider

TheBigBlue

@AnVold I second this! Simple and straightforward! I’ve lost four joy cons to drift and a broken R button, rest in pieces

Wait, why do we need a signature? Eh, I don’t know. Here’s your signature.

AnVold

@TheBigBlue I just remembered then my analog stick was broken. My Dark Souls character suddenly became like "You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round. Like a record, baby, right 'round, 'round, 'round" without my help.

GOIDA!
I hear ZOV.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1060-2447-4147 | 3DS Friend Code: 1092-0244-9690 | My Nintendo: Sunstrider

JaxonH

@AnVold
I got the Gulikit HALL-Effect analogs for my joycon (and a custom d-pad but that's another matter). They're kinda pricey though. And with Switch 2 around the corner it may not make financial sense to invest $30+ on it. For $15 on Etsy though, you can get a new analog installed, cost of shipping there and back included. Which is not bad. I also took the opportunity to get the clasp mechanism replaced with an aluminum alloy buckler since they wear over time and the joycon can slide off the system if that happens.

I think native 720p locked 30fps for handheld is fairly reasonable and sets grounded expectations. Native 1080p for docked (not accounting for DLSS).

Unfortunately, I don't expect them to stick with an OLED screen. So I'm taking the L now by going through the 5 stages of grief 😀

skywake

@JaxonH
Just for the record when I have the option for 4K and it'll run well I'll use it. But I'll want a smooth frame rate first which often means turning down the level of detail. Of which resolution is the easiest of wins

But it depends on the game. Some games you want the visuals more, even 30fps is fine you just want to soak in the scenery. And in that 40-70fps pocket VRR really shines. So I'll crank the details and go 4K. But without VRR you kinda want to lock it to 30 or 60fps if you're sitting in that range to avoid that stutter when you go from 16 to 33ms. So yeah, 4K 60fps? Definitely a good place to land when you don't have VRR

But something like a racing game? 120hz all day. If you don't have VRR drop the details until you can hit the highest refresh rate you can. Doesn't matter if it ends up at 1080p, you won't see it anyways. You want that low latency render

Edited on by skywake

An opinion is only respectable if it can be defended. Respect people, not opinions

JaxonH

@skywake
Definitely agree about prioritizing framerate. I used to not care about 60 that much, but I've grown to appreciate it over the years. I'm still ok with locked 30, but 60 is preferable if you can attain it.

I love VRR btw. I'm a diehard VRR fan and always will be. You don't have to sell me on it- I've been a VRR believer for years. I have my PC perma-locked to 60fps with VRR enabled and it makes it so that games which struggle to hold 60 with a native 4k play perfectly.

I'm not sure how well it would work for 30fps because I've never tested it for that framerate. But it works good for 60+

Bolt_Strike

So you actually can use your phone as a controller in Everybody 1-2 Switch (skip to 1:05 for those who want to see the smartphone gameplay in action). I actually kind of called this earlier in the thread, although they aren't doing my phone case with Joycon attachments idea, just a regular phone and presumably an app to facilitate download play. Still interesting that they're already doing something similar to what I just suggested here a few pages ago. I wonder if they're going to experiment a bit more with using phones as controllers in other games?

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

FishyS

@Bolt_Strike A lot of party games use phones as some type of controller (Jackbox is maybe the most famous) so this may just be copying a convenient existing method rather than an experiment for other games.

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

Anti-Matter

@Bolt_Strike
I was thinking what was the difference between PlayLink on PS4 and this Everybody 1-2-Switch by using smartphone as secondary controller ?

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@FishyS
I have an idea about smartphone as secondary controller.
Imagine the next Switch will mimicking Wii U style by making the smartphone as lower screen like Gamepad.
Not to mention if next Switch will provide Wii U virtual games as part of NSO.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

skywake

@Stamina_Wheel
Very high quality summary there. The when is certainly still the most open question here

I also really liked their point at the end comparing it to the Steam Deck. I mean, stuff that's super obvious to anyone who has any understanding of this stuff but even so. Valve has to go with x86 which means they're basically burning power for the sake of compatibility. That larger, more power hungry CPU means less room for the GPU. Which in itself is less efficient because, as much as we hate to say it, NVidia smokes AMD on power efficiency

Edited on by skywake

InfernoDemon33

I'd like an inch bigger screen, maybe better battery life. Mainly, I want a Switch with a much better internal speaker. Just light improvements.

InfernoDemon33

Pedropierrepete

I would like a more ergonomic handheld that doesn't need elaborate grips to prevent hand cramps and finger numbness.

Edited on by Pedropierrepete

Pedropierrepete

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic