Forums

Topic: Nintendo Direct September 2018 Hopes and Predictions!

Posts 101 to 120 of 440

TuVictus

@link3710 I did that to my xenoblade too, it's amazing how much better everything looked and felt. The cleanliness of the HD textures made it almost like playing a new game

TuVictus

link3710

@MisterPi My Wii died partway through me playing it originally, so I didn't continue til I was on Wii U. I never finished it there, so I'm actually experiencing most of the second half of the story for the first time with the upgraded graphics. I need to backtrack eventually to see how the earlier areas look in comparison to the first time around.

link3710

ilikeike

A Xenoblade 1 Remake built in Xenoblade 2's engine would be pretty amazing. As much as I dislike some of XC2's character designs, the graphical look of the game is great.

And while we're on the topic of HD Wii remasters, my biggest never-gonna-happen wish for this direct is the announcement of an HD Mario Galaxy Collection for Switch, since those are probably my two favorite games of all time. They're simply perfect platformers, and remastering their already-beautiful graphics into glorious HD would make my inner seven-year-old incredibly happy.

Mario Galaxy is ten years old, and now I feel old.

Grumblevolcano

My most wanted Wii game on Switch would by far be Xenoblade 1, I own it on Wii U and Gamepad controls are better than Wii Remote/Classic Controller controls but between XC2 NG+, XC2 Torna and an inevitable XCX port it's best I just wait on XC1 until after all that in case it comes to Switch. Also the rumours about Metroid Prime Trilogy, while I don't believe them (I think Prime 4 will be disconnected from the Prime Trilogy) if it does happen that would put Wii games except Radiant Dawn in the same position as Wii U games (better to just wait for the port than play on Wii U).

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

darkfenrir

Third party port wish list...

First one for sure is Catherine: Fully Body, then Spyro... and Touhou Puppet Dance Perfomance.

The last one is probably impossible though T_T/

darkfenrir

ilikeike

I still insist that the real Final Fantasy 15 (not the pocket edition) is possible on Switch. Square just needs a decent studio like Panic Button or Iron Galaxy to help out with the port. I know it's a bit cliche to say it now, but if DOOM and Wolfenstein can run on Switch as well as they do, then there's no excuse for games like FF15 to skip the Switch.

EvilLucario

Come on, Xenogears and Xenosaga rereleases on Switch. I don't like Xenogears as much as any Xenoblade game in terms of a game itself, but it is still a really good game. And Xenosaga being released again would open a lot more people into that series too.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

GrailUK

I think we'll see GTA. It's so late it's going to have a mature / 18 rating.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Grumblevolcano

@GrailUK It's so late because the Smash Ultimate segment is going to be even darker than the Simon Belmont reveal.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DarkSim01

I know it won't happen, but a Left 4 Dead 2 remaster/port would be fun. That would be a cool game to play with local WAN.

DarkSim01

ilikeike

@EvilLucario I want a collection of basically every classic JRPG franchise on Switch. We're already getting Grandia and Langrisser collections, so why shouldn't Xenogears, Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Suikoden, Breath of Fire, Skies of Arcadia, and countless others get the same treatment? Let's truly make the Switch the ultimate JRPG machine!

ilikeike

Given that many political and public events in Japan have been put on hiatus until Sunday, I think it's reasonable to expect the Direct on Monday.

ThanosReXXX

Hopes? That it'll still air in September. I can understand if, due to the circumstances, that it wouldn't, but I hope that isn't the case, since now that it has already been announced, I'm too curious to wait much longer than that.

Predictions? None. No idea what they're going to show. I'm not expecting there to be any great or surprising announcements, so I'm not going to get my hopes up way too high, instead remaining more or less in a neutral state of mind.

Expect nothing, and thou shalt not be disappointed either. Well, not too much...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

TuVictus

If it's a national thing where everything is delayed until Sunday, I would expect it to drop next week Thursday like it was supposed to be today. Seems like the simplest solution to me.
shrug
though there's nothing I'm aware of that would stop them from just dropping it the second they feel it acceptable.

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Grumblevolcano

@MisterPi Agree, I was thinking September 20th but if an everything delayed until Sunday situation then 13th is probably more likely. The only missed release date content at that point would be if there were 3rd party segments on SNK Heroines, NBA 2K19 and Dust but even then the E3 Direct had the already released Sushi Striker.

Grumblevolcano

NEStalgia

It's tricky, they have to balance worldwide necessities with the domestic situation. Airing it while 5M+ people have no electricity isn't going to fly, but a lot of the outages are due to emergency shutdowns of all the power stations (mostly fossil, one nuclear that needs external power from fossil for cooling), not necessarily because the grid is actually fully damaged in all those areas. But who knows how long they'll keep power off given aftershocks and tsunami potential. And they don't need another Fukushima. (Side rant, what kind of absolute moron builds a nuclear power plant that requires external power to operate safely in a seismically active area?! And yes, I know GE built half of the ones in Japan including the infamous one.) So it could look a lot better within days depending on safety precautions for aftershocks/tsunami events.

Waiting on Japan I'd say September is a no go for it. But they also have the business aspect of marketing to the west, especially the US in a reasonable timeframe before the holidays which they can't ignore.

The real irony here is the high likelihood the online service is delayed (again) because of this

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@Tsurii They came to enough of a halt when their own visionary president died, I doubt they can afford it too long this time. HQ is up and running (minus the big N from the sign) so I think it's mostly the business aspect of "when is a good time to actually market expensive electronic toys in Japan again?" There's that magic turnover between "tasteless" and acceptable.

But I do wonder about the paid online. 2 weeks out, delayed (indefinately?) announcement video, and kind of tasteless to implement in the interim "oh, welcome back to the civilized world Hokkaido! Also, screw you, you missed the end of free online in your mini dark ages there, pay up!"

NEStalgia

EvilLucario

Also a lot of games Nintendo is going to release soon have a lot of disaster-related things. Stuff like Torna and the other Titan getting blown up, Daemon X Machina, and etc would absolutely be very tasteless and ill-timed.

And since you absolutely know they're doing to dedicate some time to Smash, if they were planning to reveal Issac as a fighter, that's a huge can of worms considering he has earth powers that can cause earthquakes and use large spires of rock for combat that would be another nail in the PR coffin.

It sucks, but events like this always get in the way unfortunately.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@EvilLucario Also if Skull Kid was to be announced in Smash, the reveal trailer would likely have Termina getting destroyed and a bunch of fighters literally killed in the process as "Everyone is dead" seems to be the Smash Ultimate theme (Ridley killed Mario and Mega Man, Death killed Luigi, K Rool killed Dedede).

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

EvilLucario

@Tsurii Well Issac isn't really one of my top picks, even though I am a recent converter to Golden Sun. But since I believe he was popular in the ballot, I'm fairly certain he's going to get in.

Even if I was wrong, there's still the other games that wouldn't fly anyway. And besides this is a nice PR move that won't be too bad.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.