Forums

Topic: Nintendo Direct 3/8/18 Predictions and Hopes!

Posts 181 to 200 of 208

ThomGee

That was an incredibly disappointing Direct in my opinion. First, why is the 3DS still getting games? One benefit of the Switch was that Ninty could focus all of their effort on one system instead of spreading out over two systems, yet they're still pumping out games for it. I get it's still profitable, but at least announce it's games somewhere other than a very hyped up Nintendo Direct. I'm also just really salty that 3DS is getting that Luigi's Mansion remake and the Switch is not, and in 2019 too!

Now for the Switch. What was really announced here that was new to the Switch? Sushi Striker, Okami HD, Captain Toad, Undertale, Splatoon 2 DLC, Crash N'Sane Trilogy, and Smash. That is one original game (and a pretty underwhelming one at that), four more ports. one paid DLC set, and one more unknown game. Of course, Smash is big for the Switch, but even that could just be a port. That is insanely sparse for a Nintendo Direct. Heck, even the Direct Mini in January announced more than this. Of course, I'm hyped for Smash, but that couldn't save this Direct from being really disappointing and mediocre at best. I really do think Smash is making people believe the Direct is way better than it actually was.

Edited on by ThomGee

ThomGee

My Nintendo: ThomGee | Nintendo Network ID: WakerOfWindsHD

Octane

@spizzamarozzi What did you think Labo is made of? Recycled Wii U boxes of course.

Octane

TheTetrisGuy

WELP I know what my new icon is.

Just a geek that likes video games, and spends to much time playing Smash Bros. and Fortnite.

“Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever you were gonna do anyway.” – Iron Man

spizzamarozzi

@Octane I wonder if they could build a full sized robot with Labo and then port Iwata's brain to it.
Iwata is the only thing from the WiiU era that they haven't ported yet.

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

Octane

@spizzamarozzi They tried with Golf on the Switch.

Anyway. It feels a bit as if I never should have bought the games on Wii U. I want the extra levels in Captain Toad, but I'm not paying full price for the game again. And that's the issue I have with all of the ports. Same with Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. Neat, but not at the price they're asking.

Octane

TooBarFoo

I do wonder if all these people complaining that every multi-platform game coming to the switch is on other consoles are more worried about others not getting to play games on the switch than they are concerned about what games they can play on the switch.

TooBarFoo

TheTetrisGuy

@Octane There doing another test punch, it’s only for the US and Canada though so your out of luck if you live in the UK.

Just a geek that likes video games, and spends to much time playing Smash Bros. and Fortnite.

“Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever you were gonna do anyway.” – Iron Man

Haywired

It seems Nintendo is determined to keep the 3DS alive with at least one more year's worth of phoned-in titles then.

Edited on by Haywired

Haywired

Grumblevolcano

@TheTetrisGuy The UK also has the Testpunch so anyone can check out ARMS.

Speaking of ARMS, the way Splatoon 2 handled paid DLC makes me think ARMS may have paid DLC in the form of a story mode like Killer Instinct's Shadow Lords.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DarkRula

Um... It was announced on the EU stream too. Three-day testpunch. Right before the Splatoon stuff.

I make it out to be good in that it presented us with a bunch of news. Sure, it might be ports. But news is still news, and if there's stuff within you can look forward to - bonus. Also, I need to scream it like I did in my blog.
CRASH BANDICOOT ON SWITCH!

Edited on by DarkRula

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Octane

@TheTetrisGuy I don't live in the UK. There's more to Europe than just the UK. But too bad. No ARMS for me then...

Octane

spizzamarozzi

Octane wrote:

Anyway. It feels a bit as if I never should have bought the games on Wii U.

@Octane my thoughts exactly. If I had known the WiiU wasn't going to sell and its library ported almost in full to a new console 3-4 years later, I wouldn't have bought a WiiU. I would have bought a PS4 instead.

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

TheTetrisGuy

Ok my bad I just assumed because it specifically said US and Canada in the North America direct(which is what I watched)

Edited on by TheTetrisGuy

Grumblevolcano

@TheTetrisGuy The tournament is exclusive to US and Canada.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TheTetrisGuy

@Grumblevolcano Ah ok thank you. I assumed many things wrong about ARMS😂 it’s been a long day and a exiting evening.

darkfenrir

Holy sh*t Octopath argh! SO MUCH EXCITEMENT FOR THAT.

And I have to rebuy Okami HD on Switch (' w ' );;;;

darkfenrir

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.