Forums

Topic: Nintendo Direct 3/8/18 Predictions and Hopes!

Posts 201 to 208 of 208

kobashi100

On resetera last night I predicted Okami HD will be confirmed. Taiko footage would be shown in Japan and Dragon Ball Fighterz confirmation.

2/3 not bad

kobashi100

TheTetrisGuy

OK... can we talk about how BOWSERS INSIDE STORY got a remake and they just skipped Partners in Time?

Just a geek that likes video games, and spends to much time playing Smash Bros. and Fortnite.

“Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever you were gonna do anyway.” – Iron Man

Cynas

@TheTetrisGuy Probably because Bowser's Inside Story is generally voted as the best in the series by the fans, while Partners in Time is said to be the worst. I was kinda confused when I saw this too, but if they had to pick one I'm glad it's Bowser's Inside Story.

Cynas

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

NaviAndMii

Bravo on some pretty accurate predictions in this thread! ..so accurate, in fact, that I'm now absolutely convinced that most of you work for Nintendo - and that everything listed here that didn't feature is just being held back for E3 (..I'm particularly looking forward to that 'spiritual successor to Wii Sports Resort using the base of GTA Online' game @DarkRula mentioned! )

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

RR529

I for one thought the Direct was pretty fantastic (but then again, Switch is my first new console since 3DS).

I was most excited for South Park, Okami HD, Octopath Traveler, Captain Toad, and of course... SMASH!

Really, with those aforementioned games (minus Smash which is releasing later) along with Kirby, Atelier, Hyrule Warriors, Code of Princess, SNK Heroines, and YS VIII, spring & summer are looking packed!

There's no way I'll be able to play all that (I have a rule not to buy a new game until I complete the main story of the one I'm currently playing), so I may have to institute a "lottery" system to decide what I'll get next, lol.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

kkslider5552000

I thought this Nintendo Direct was pretty great. Very well paced, understood what it could get and show off that would excite people without showing all their later 2018 lineup. Kinda weird how they ignored indies more or less for this one but I don't think people watch these for indies outside of the two really big ones they had. Parts of it I felt like were made for me though. ESPECIALLY bringing back animal friends in Kirby and remembering for even a second, that Dreamland 2 exists

Speaking of which, most games wish they had the writing and charm as this stupid Undertale vid.

I think the most notable thing is that from my perspective, every single game looked awesome. Based on how people received Captain Toad, it might've been the worst game on the whole thing. And people like Captain Toad, but most of every single other thing in this looked great. And a lot y'know. have already been proven to be great, which helps. :V

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

DarkRula

@NaviAndMii It'll be at E3 and you know it. Nintendo will work their magic and make a full-on bowling alley and town plaza within the venue, and inside that bowling alley will be several stations with sports from the game available. And that bowling alley isn't just for show, as a real bowling tournament will happen to advertise the game. At the plaza, the other games they have for attendees will be dotted around.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Harmonie

It was a jam-packed Direct, but the problem was that most of that was ports or remakes of some variety. It's great to see Okami HD and South Park coming to the Switch. I mean, having South Park and DBZ Xenoverse 2 will hopefully open the door for more of these third party cartoon/anime games that we've always missed out on in the Wii and Wii U generations.

Super Smash Bros. being a new title instead of a port is a real bombshell, though, and REALLY good news. That makes the second future Switch title I'm interested in. We finally have a second one, everyone! While it could have just been a port of the not-so-inspired Super Smash Bros 4 if the fanbase had any say in it. I'm so glad Nintendo decided to go for a new experience instead, as they should by default with a NEW console.

Of course, it's still somewhat up in the air (but now beginning to lean more decisively on the side of a new game), but I think it would be practically false advertising at this point if it wasn't a new Smash.

I never played Bowser's Inside Story, as it came out during the time after my DS's top screen broke. I might look into that someday. Not too interested in a Luigi's Mansion port.

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.