Forums

Topic: Nintendo 64 (Switch Online)

Posts 101 to 120 of 255

dionysos283

@SViper
Wow... I also live in Europe, but 20€ extra is still pretty hefty. Did they say at what date N64 games will be available?

dionysos283

SViper

@dionysos283 they did that in last months Nintendo Direct which games will come with release of it and it should come at October plus they even revealed which games will be added later on/over time in same Direct as well.

Edited on by SViper

http://twitch.tv/TheSViper
https://www.change.org/p/anmtvla-pokemonlatam-español-latino-en-los-juegos-de-pokémon - let's help this petition for Latin American Spanish be add to Pokémon games and with that may increase chance that in future Pokémon games adds more languages. :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-7289-6600-2802 | 3DS Friend Code: 4270-5974-5136 | My Nintendo: SViper | Nintendo Network ID: TheSViper | Twitter:

dionysos283

@SViper
Thanks. I know it will be end of October, but I thought that maybe they also revealed the exact date now (like 25th of October or something).

EDIT:
I just saw that it will indeed be out on October 25th. lol

Edited on by dionysos283

dionysos283

GamingBread

@dionysos283 wait it's coming in 10 days? I can't wait to play Mario 64 for the first time!

I am a piece of bread, and I love playing 3D World.
The Switch is one of the best consoles ever.
I'm guessing people will make a lot of jokes about my username.

Friend Code: SW-0185-9912-2805

SViper

@dionysos283 cool, but due such a big price increase, 2 times for EU and 2,5/2,29 times for USA while I was expecting like 1,5 times increase at max, I will have same dilemma like it happen for me with Windows in June. Because I finally planned buy account wide key for Windows 10, because only my old Laptop gotta free activation for testing Windows 10 since before first full release, so I end up not buying key for my other devices aka main PC due my love getting latest updates in Windows Insider Dev Channel like in this case Windows 11, so I will be waiting for price drops from other sellers like with my Windows timing accident. xD

Edited on by SViper

http://twitch.tv/TheSViper
https://www.change.org/p/anmtvla-pokemonlatam-español-latino-en-los-juegos-de-pokémon - let's help this petition for Latin American Spanish be add to Pokémon games and with that may increase chance that in future Pokémon games adds more languages. :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-7289-6600-2802 | 3DS Friend Code: 4270-5974-5136 | My Nintendo: SViper | Nintendo Network ID: TheSViper | Twitter:

ed5275

Already got the N64 controller ordered.

Switch: 5856-1332-4219

MrGawain

I would love to play N64 games, but jacking the price up with other things I don’t want means it’s not for me.

To me waiting a year or more wouldn’t hurt to see if the deal gets better.

Isn't it obvious that Falco Lombardi is actually a parrot?

Ralizah

This pricing is pretty exorbitant, even for them.

I'll upgrade if they ever decide to be reasonable and create a tier that doesn't include Animal Crossing DLC. Like, what a weird, random thing to bundle into NSO in the first place!

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Madao

So £59.99 a year to rent 9 N64 games and 14 Genesis games for a year + a DLC for a game we don't own, VS £96 a year to rent brand new AAA releases on the day they release and hundreds of other recently released titles. I wonder which one we should choose.

Madao

Reprise

Madao wrote:

So £59.99 a year to rent 9 N64 games and 14 Genesis games for a year + a DLC for a game we don't own

Am I missing something? I thought it's £34.99 a year... Not that that isn't a rip off. Edit: Ignore, just realised you meant the family pass.

And bundling it with Animal Crossing DLC is nonsensical. I don't even like the game.

Edited on by Reprise

Reprise

BrazillianCara

@Madao I also think it should be cheaper, but you seem to be ignoring the fact that a lot more games are going to be added (and maybe even DLC for other games).

BrazillianCara

dionysos283

Since most people are probably only interested in the added N64 games, charging 20€ (30$) is ridiculous. Nintendo should let you choose which systems you want, and charge 5$ extra per year for each individual system.

I hope this won't become a 3D Allstars situation, where everyone complains and then buys it anyway.

dionysos283

Snatcher

@dionysos283 Well fomo got us that time.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

kkslider5552000

dionysos283 wrote:

Since most people are probably only interested in the added N64 games

I mean, you say that, but I'm pretty sure more people have bought New Horizons than ever bought an N64 (or if not, it will happen soon enough).

This is honestly really disappointing. Maybe. It's really hard to tell because Tetris 99 and the like were all announced after the original NSO service came out (I just remembered we didn't even have SNES for a year lol), so we don't actually know anything. But sold as is, advertised as is, this put a damper on an upgrade I was actually excited for. Now I'm somewhere between "I'll give it a year" to "eh **** this noise".

I suggest to everyone to do some waiting and seeing, unless you're doing the family plan.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Madao

@BrazillianCara Sure they will add more games, but judging by the nes and SNES libraries, it will be a slow trickle, probably even slower for this one since the N64 library is not as rich.

In terms of dlc, I doubt they will add more. I think they just added this one because they know their offering is weak. Even if they add more though, you don't even get to keep them after the sub runs out.

Madao

kkslider5552000

I do agree with the suggestion I heard elsewhere that this might be Nintendo's excuse to pay more for good 3rd party licenses (which is likely what lead to Sega Genesis being on it in the first place). I'm pretty certain that's why NES/SNES has been so lacking beyond their own games, because they didn't think it was worthwhile to pay that much to 3rd parties, so a lot of them didn't bother (and to be fair, some of them wouldn't regardless).

That being said, after a few hours, I feel 100% confident in saying that based on what the service is right now, none of you should pay for it on your own. Get the family plan or don't get it at all, is my suggestion based on what we know of it.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Pizzamorg

Holy *****, the price increase and the Animal Crossing inclusion... just a bonkers move. At least Nintendo made damn sure I wouldn't even be tempted by this. Saving me money, by charging such absurd amounts.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

gcunit

@Pizzamorg £10 (or maybe even a bit less) could get you in on a family group for a year though. All those NSO games, plus access to the Animal Crossing DLC, for £10 as part of a group seems alright to me.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

skywake

Madao wrote:

In terms of dlc, I doubt they will add more. I think they just added this one because they know their offering is weak. Even if they add more though, you don't even get to keep them after the sub runs out.

When NSO launched there was just NES. Since then they added SNES, Tetris 99, Pacman 99, Mario 35 (limited), Game Vouchers and exclusive items on the Nintendo Store (which didn't exist at launch). This expansion pack was anounced a couple of weeks ago, they've already added this New Horisons DLC

I agree that if they don't add anything further it's a pretty poor value. It's also a rational position to buy into this only if the content on it is worth it to you right now. However I would be pretty suprised if nothing further was added. Feel free to quote me a few months ago if this isn't the case but

Lastly, the fact that you "don't own" the games? I mean for the N64 titles that sucks but is kinda understandable because that's the model. But for the DLC? I don't know about you but I don't expect DLC to extend the life of a game forever. So the fear of "losing" of DLC isn't something I'm worried about.... except if the amount of content here grows significantly. And if it did grow significantly it'd mean it's a valuable service worth continuing to subscribe to so

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic