Forums

Topic: Nintendo 64 (Switch Online)

Posts 241 to 250 of 250

Eel

Perhaps there’s a very serious faction of pro Mario Kart players that find the music distracting and superfluous.

🧐

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

kkslider5552000

Me playing Star Fox 64 on tv with Joycons separately: "Eh this plays ok, even if it will take me a bit to get used to the 2nd stick instead of c buttons."

Me playing Star Fox 64 in handheld mode with joycons attached, starting with a landmaster level: "WHYYYYYY"

My poor hands

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

anynamereally

playing N64 games in handheld is generally not very comfortable.

what I also noticed - N64 doesn't have a rewind feature. so anyone who is relying too much on it will have a hard time here XD

anynamereally

Player_One

@anynamereally switch games or Wii u games don’t have rewind feature too. So too wii and gamecube.

Player_One

StuTwo

@anynamereally I think in general N64 games were much more forgiving than NES and even SNES games - saving regularly and checkpoints were generally designed into N64 games. The rewind feature isn't missed as much for that reason IMO.

Many NES games on the other hand were often just unfair or cheap and the rewind offers you a quick chance to avoid losing 5 or 10 minutes of hard won progress because an enemy you couldn't possibly have avoided launches itself into you from off screen!

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

Player_One

@Rambler maybe because they are more accessible and have save features. Maybe just git good 😊

Player_One

anynamereally

Rambler wrote:

@Player_One
But the NSO NES and SNES games do

... as do Mega Drive games. I've played through MUSHA the other day and without that feature I'd probably give up on that boss that precedes the final boss in the game (the one with a bouncing ball and very little space left for maneuver).

StuTwo wrote:

@anynamereally I think in general N64 games were much more forgiving than NES and even SNES games

mostly yes, but if you look at games like Sin & Punishment this feature definitely wouldn't hurt for some players I myself able to beat most of old games without it but I know people who play retro games in a "cruise mode" - on the easiest difficulty, with lots of save states - just to see all the features and the story. because naturally we don't have that much time on our hands now as kids used to have back in the 80-90s.

Edited on by anynamereally

anynamereally

Rambler

@Player_One
Oh totally. But it would continue the tradition of NSO games having a rewind feature.
But as you and @StuTwo say, having games with checkpoints, saves, etc makes this a bit redundant.
(But I remember fighting Bongo-Bongo in OOT repeatedly to the point of distraction - or rather, getting the master sword)

@Anynamereally - I'm looking forward to MUSHA and Sin & Punishment. Not played these two.

Rambler

Player_One

@Rambler bongo bongo was the only boss I couldn’t figure out what to do.
OOT 3d is the best way to play oot

Player_One

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic