Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 8,261 to 8,280 of 8,423

VoidofLight

@Clyde_Radcliffe Fitting description! Really though, RPG's now are anything but slow, well.. most are.

(Insert creative or cool phrase here.)

VoidofLight

@Clyde_Radcliffe It could very well be the case honestly, but I just remember getting kind of annoyed back when it was leaked, since everyone took it as 100% proof that it was real, without it having much credibility to it.

Magician

VoidofLight wrote:

@MarioBrickLayer I'm still not buying it until Nintendo officially reveals it. Even if "official sources" came out and said it's true, it doesn't mean anything. Everyone thought the Starfox Grand Prix game was real, with even "Official sources" saying it was, but it ended up being fake.

If I'm not mistaken, the Starfox Grand Prix leak was just the Crimson Moon add-on for Starlink?

Switch Physical Collection - 687 games (as of April 6th, 2021)
Currently playing: Hades (Switch)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

VoidofLight

@Magician I honestly doubt that's the case. Star Link would've at least been mentioned in the banner if it were a part of Star Link at all. Not to mention, it was a e3 banner like Pokemon Let's Go.

jump

@Magician I thought the leakers were trying to say Nintendo made up the Star Fox GP rumour and fed it to them to trick them or something silly like that.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

1UP_MARIO

Peter and John said it’s happening.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5229-5058-9308

Giancarlothomaz

@link3710 i agree on the spin-off Kirby game coming on septembre, but i believe Hal Laboratory is gonna do the first 3D mainline Kirby game for the 2022 Kirby game
Bayonetta 3 might release on Halloween or early 2022
Breath of the Wild 2 might be a late 2021/early 2022 game

i like HD Rumble.

TheJGG

Because of E3 the question for "Next Nintendo Direct?" has been definitively answered for the next two months. There WILL be a headline game to start the show and there WILL be a surprise at the end.

"I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours." - Cheshire Cat.

I stream sometimes. http://www.youtube.com/c/JedgamesGUY

TheJGG#7752 - Discord

If you'd like to add me on Switch, tag me first!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

VoidofLight

@TheJGG I'm betting that the headline game will probably be Breath of The Wild 2. Either that, or Skyward Sword HD.

TheJGG

@VoidofLight If it's Skyward Sword HD I'll laugh hysterically for five minutes straight, and then I'll smash my desk in frustration, then I'll turn off the Direct.

Surely there's better games to headline than Skyward Sword HD. I love the game but it should have a limited marketing campaign like a Dragon Quest game on Switch.

TheJGG#7752 - Discord

VoidofLight

@TheJGG Honestly, I feel you. I think Skyward Sword HD really should have limited marketing, but seeing as it's the only game that could be considered big for this year, it'd probably headline. That is, unless they make Pokemon the headline game, which would be odd, given Gamefreak never let that happen before.

TheJGG

@VoidofLight Don't worry, it's only April. There will be more to come, it's just unannounced as of yet. You heard Shuntaro Furukawa, he knows that underdelivering means losing consumers.

TheJGG#7752 - Discord

VoidofLight

@TheJGG True. For all we know, there could be a general direct next week, or a trailer dropped any time this year for another game. I doubt we'll get anything except Pokemon in May though, since it's too close to E3 by then. I'll probably bet on them making BOTW 2 the focus if nothing gets announced this month honestly.

TheJGG

Another reason why I'm glad my gaming never happened while Yamauchi was in charge. He was ruthless and did the right things but he was a pretty flawed human. He fired all of his family when he first took charge of Nintendo in 1949 after all.

And that... that's probably why Square left Nintendo for PlayStation after Final Fantasy VI.

TheJGG#7752 - Discord

VoidofLight

@TheJGG From what I've gathered, I think the man disliked gaming as a whole, and thought it was just a fad that'd never last. Kind of like how people once thought the Internet itself was just a fad.

TheJGG

@VoidofLight The man who told Gunpei Yokoi back in the sixties to make a toy for the Christmas season hating games. And having executive produced literally thousands of games before his death, he still believed in it till the end.

I do wonder when he said this; it'd be funny if he said it right after Final Fantasy VII or something.

TheJGG#7752 - Discord

MarioBrickLayer

@VoidofLight @TheJGG Skyward Sword could be the headline game, if it's getting the Bowsers Fury treatment, but there has been no indication of that so far!

Although, if SS is the headline game and BOTW2 is the surprise, does that make it too Zelda centric? I think the theory that they won't announce anymore ports until after SS has been on sale makes sense, lets say that announcement is the end of August, would they hold BOTW2 back until then if it's the holiday game?

Edited on by MarioBrickLayer

MarioBrickLayer

VoidofLight

@MarioBrickLayer Breath of the Wild 2 isn’t going to be the holiday game. Too late in the year for something thar big to come out in a couple months.

VoidofLight

@TheJGG I meant video games moreso than games, but I wonder if he actually disliked video games, or if it were just Jrpgs.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic