Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 8,281 to 8,300 of 8,427

Grumblevolcano

Smash is most likely to be the opener and if there's 2 fighters announced at E3 like in 2019 then probably the second one is later on in the Direct.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

VoidofLight

I just hope the Smash stuff won’t take up that much tome, since 2018 wasn’t great.

(Insert creative or cool phrase here.)

TheJGG

Smash is... really.. getting...on...my...nerves....please...let...it...end.

"I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours." - Cheshire Cat.

I stream sometimes. http://www.youtube.com/c/JedgamesGUY

TheJGG#7752 - Discord

If you'd like to add me on Switch, tag me first!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

VoidofLight

@TheJGG I’m with you. I hope the series takes a break after this one, since it’s getting kind of annoying having it take slots from directs, and annoying when they take up the entire direct (like 2018’s e3).

TheJGG

I want actual stuff @VoidofLight not a 35 minute Sakurai presentation on the next Smash fighter, and then ten minutes of actual games. 2018's E3 was quite boring, I don't remember anything from it apart from Smash Smash Smash, which is just reliance.

TheJGG#7752 - Discord

BruceCM

Hmm, I must have forgotten Nintendo's 2018 E3, then .... Not sure I now remember which games were shown during that, although I must have seen some I liked! But if it was all Smash stuff, presumably, they didn't have much else to show at that time? It's not like they show that instead of other games, if they had anything to show

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

VoidofLight

@BruceCM True, but it’s still disappointing that they only really had smash, especially for people who don’t really enjoy the game that much.

MarioBrickLayer

Has anyone seen the trailer for Wonderbox on Apple Arcade?

If someone can make this, then Nintendo can make a Zelda Maker, that would be a great surprise for the end of the Direct!

MarioBrickLayer

jump

It's digusting how a series like Smash that sells more than Zelda and Mario get's featured in the Directs when there's news for it. 2018 E3 should have been 2 hours long of just Daemon X Machina, Ninjala and Torna The Golden Country. Better yet cancel Smash so Nintendo can focus on real games like Doshin, Sushi Striker and FlingSmash!!! ;p

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Grumblevolcano

E3 2018 was pretty much a Direct Mini and a Smash Direct merged together.

Part 1: 0:00 - 16:38 contained the following

• Daemon X Machina (new announcement)
  • Torna (we knew XC2 had story DLC beforehand but this was the first details of what the story DLC was)
  • Pokemon Let's Go (TPC had an event in May 2018 showing it off)
  • Super Mario Party (new announcement)
  • Fire Emblem Three Houses (we knew Fire Emblem was coming to Switch beforehand but this was the first details of what the game was)
  • Fortnite (new announcement)
  • Indie games (Overcooked 2, Killer Queen Black, Hollow Knight)
  • Octopath Traveler (new demo announced)
  • Coming soon highlight reel

The rest of the presentation (16:39 - 42:44) was pretty much all Smash and Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate was nowhere to be seen despite launching in August 2018. The Splatoon 2 tourney did reveal future support for Splatoon 2 and Octo Expansion shadow drop and Treehouse had a few announcements like first details of XC2 challenge battle mode and some Arcade Archives games but the main focus of E3 2018 as a whole was Smash.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

BruceCM

Yeah, I'm not a fan of Smash, so I guess I skipped most of their E3 that time, since I don't remember it, @VoidofLight ....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Anti-Matter

I'm waiting for something different from E3 2021.
Definitely NOT waiting for Smash Bros, BOTW 2, AAA Western games, etc.

Top 7 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

jump

@Anti-Matter I take it you're just after the new Mortal Kombat, Grand Theft Auto, DOOM and Postal games then? ;p

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Anti-Matter

@jump
I'm waiting for something like DDR, Beatmania IIDX, DrumMania, KeyboardMania, K-1, Dragon Quest Builders style games, Petz, Imagine series, Nintendogs, etc.

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

TheJGG

@Anti-Matter You won't get anything that isn't either a western game, Breath of the Wild sequel or Smash. It is 100% guaranteed at least two of those will be in the direct.

TheJGG#7752 - Discord

Anti-Matter

@TheJGG
I think i still have a slim chance for never knew before games that possibly catch my attention quickly.
For kind of this game, i'm expecting something cartoonish like Team17 games (Overcooked, Moving Out, etc).

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat

jump

@Anti-Matter It's a shame you don't give indie games a try as there's plenty of kid friendly games there, I know you don't like digital games for whatever reason but beggars can't be choosers.

Nicolai wrote:

TheJGG

jump wrote:

It's a shame you don't give indie games a try as there's plenty of kid friendly games there, I know you don't like digital games for whatever reason but beggars can't be choosers.

This beggar can be a chooser.

TheJGG#7752 - Discord

Anti-Matter

@jump
There are some eshop only games that i still wish they will have physical release in the future such as Farm Together, A Knight's Quest, Summer in Mara, etc.

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat

jump

TheJGG wrote:

This beggar can be a chooser.

Untitled

Nicolai wrote:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic