Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 8,281 to 8,300 of 15,866

jump

@VoidofLight @TheJGG Well you two are joy killers ;p

Indie games aren't bottom of the barrel like shovelware for parents to buy their kids (sorry Anti) and there could be a chance of a great game that takes you by surprise for how clever it is. Seriously Hades arguebly last years GOTY is an indie and was announced in a Nintendo Indie Direct.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Anti-Matter

@TheJGG
Depend on who is the developer.
There are some indie developer which their games are not typical 16 bit Metroidvania style / lazy mediocre looking games.
I personally never get interested by lazy / cheap looking 2D style games.
But if the games have some decent 3D models, i might get interested, depend on the game genre.
And FYI, there are some indie games from Indonesia (my country) that have their physical release on PS4 and Switch.
They are Valthirian Arc: Hero School Academy, Ghost Parade. And if you have ever heard Coral Island, that was a Story of Seasons clone made by Indonesian indie developer.
Also.... Re:Legend was Rune Factory clone with Pokemon elements on it made by Malaysian indie developer Magnus Games, published by 505 Games. Check the video from my post above.
Not every indie games are lazy 2D games.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

jedgamesguy

@VoidofLight Don't mind @jump, he's just desperate for games no matter how many of them are 8-bit ;p

No, I forgot to mention that I do get some indies, that are so good they imitate AAA games. No Man's Sky, Cuphead, Undertale (minus the awful graphics), Hades, are some. Celeste has sensational music but the main graphics can be crude at times and stunning at others. HUD stuff is so elegant though.

I want to get Hades and Cuphead at some point

Edited on by jedgamesguy

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

jump

@TheJGG The funny thing is as much as people like to look down on pixel art Ninty themselves were still using it for their top tier titles like Pokemon and Fire Emmblem not too long ago.

As much as I like Cuphead, Hades etc SteamWorld Dig is still my favourite indie game and in general one of my favourite games ever. There's no banal 50 hour story about hero destiny children born from fate needing the 3 differently coloured MacGuffins to stop the deveil demon god of sadness or whatever in an open world that's too big for it's own good with unnecessary RPG elements and cinematics I can't play. It's just a simple and clever game which is fun to play.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed Yes, Super Meat Boy Forever appeared in both the August 2017 Nindies Showcase and the December 2020 Indie World. There may be more but that's definitely an example.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

VoidofLight

I do like supporting indie games, and there’s a bunch of projects that honestly catch my eye. Games like prehistoric kingdom for example, even though it’s not coming to switch.

Hollow Knight is an indie game that I’ve had tons of fun with, and same with games like Don’t Starve.

It’s just that with these directs, they’re either hard misses or have a couple of games that hit. Most of the games they general show off just feel samey or low quality to me.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Buizel

While I do like a few indies...unlike AAA and AA titles, they're not exactly something I'd get hyped up about before release, so an Indie Direct generally doesn't interest me. They're more likely to be titles that I hear about by word-of-mouth (or even from strong reviews on NintendoLife's front page) at the time of release or shortly thereafter, that supplement my gaming experience.

Also I'm basically assuming at this point that any indie title worth its salt is coming to the Switch anyway. It's not like wondering if we'll get Persona 5, Yakuza or GTA5.

That said, I'd be quite glad to hear something about TemTem or Genshin Impact.

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

dionysos283

@Balta666
I totally agree with you. I own and enjoyed all the games you mentioned. Besides first party Nintendo games, Indie games are what I play most on my Switch. They are always so fresh and creative. I'm really looking forward to todays Indie World!

dionysos283

BenAV

Personally I usually enjoy these Indie World Showcases about as much as I enjoy Nintendo Directs. You don't get the big excitement of the major first party announcements but the pacing is usually good and most of the games shown tend to look at least a bit interesting to me whereas the bigger Directs tend to have a decent chunk of boring third party filler so they're a lot more up and down.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

DannyBoi

@jump Well it is nintendo. They don't exactly inspire confidence at times. And they do often dissapoint. They usually don't announce too much at once, because they think it will overwhelm us. So they aren't going to announce an nso overhaul simply because there is too much going on this month in Nintendo's eyes.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

jump

@DannyBoi You're over thinking it and it doesn't mean anything either way. Nintendo have done 4 directs in the same month before and did 3 in the same month not too long ago. An indie direct is a (nice) but not earth shattering moment they need to fully focus all of their combined efforts on.

Nicolai wrote:

Grumblevolcano

Well we have been going through a setup of weekly Nintendo and Nintendo console exclusive news and/or content for awhile:

• February 12th - 3D World launch
  • February 17th - Nintendo Direct
  • February 26th - Bravely Default II launch
  • March 4th - Pyra/Mythra for Smash presentation and release
  • March 9th - Monster Hunter Digital Event
  • March 18th - Animal Crossing Sanrio and 1st anniversary update
  • March 26th - Monster Hunter Rise launch
  • April 1st - 3D All Stars, SMB 35 and FE1 localization are all gone (bad news but still news, Nintendo wouldn't want to announce stuff around this date because the delistings would be a distraction for whatever's announced)
  • April 7th - Pac-Man 99 launch
  • April 14th - Indie World
  • April 19th - 25th - ?
  • April 30th - New Pokemon Snap launch
  • May 6th - Nintendo investor meeting
  • May 14th - Famicom Detective Club launch
  • May 21st - Miitopia launch
  • May 24th - 30th - ?
  • June 4th - DC Super Hero Girls launch
  • June 12th - 15th - E3 (one of those days will have Nintendo)
  • June 25th - Mario Golf Super Rush launch
  • June 28th - July 4th - ?
  • July 9th - Monster Hunter Stories 2 launch
  • July 16th - Skyward Sword HD launch

So I think April 19th - 25th could be NSO overhaul, May 24th - 30th could be Mario Golf Direct and perhaps June 28th - July 4th is when either the next Smash fighter is released or the first wave of Age of Calamity DLC.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DannyBoi

@Grumblevolcano April 19th - 25th is when the next game trial takes place, at least in japan. The game is Good Job.

DannyBoi

@jump It wouldn't make any sense to have say an nso overhaul announced on the same day as an indie world would it? As an example.

jump

@DannyBoi You said April, not this specific day.

DannyBoi wrote:

Well, there goes any chance of that nso overhaul in april. Too much going on this month for Nintendo to announce an overhaul.

Nicolai wrote:

BruceCM

If they're doing the overhaul now, it doesn't follow that any games that's designed for are coming in the next month or 2 .... So, until/ unless anything is actually coming to NSO, there's not really anything to announce! If the speculation is right, the 'overhaul' happened with OS update 12, so that's done

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

DannyBoi

@jump Just using today as an example😀😀.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic