Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 12,561 to 12,580 of 15,819

StarPoint

@MarioBrickLayer I would say it fits the June schedule better, but if Nintendo ends up not having a June presentation like last year, it makes me question when the best time to announce it would be?

I feel like Metroid Prime 4 being the "One last thing" this year makes sense. TOTK feels like it would be right in the middle of the presentation.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

TeaCatherine

@1UP_MARIO It's actually 2:24PM here in the UK, it wasn't announced at the normal time.

Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid
Back burner: Hollow Knight, Undertale

link3710

Welp, prediction time!

Open with: Pokemon ScVi DLC Announcement. Patch this month for Home Compatibility + one new mon being introduced in the DLC (a la Galarian Slowpoke)
Fire Emblem Unite DLC
Pikmin 4 further reveal with a release date of August, with an actual gameplay explanation segment
Bayonetta Origins final trailer drop
Reminder about Kirby
Megaman Battle Network collection trailer
Silksong trailer (but still no release date)
Octopath II final trailer
Something Dragon Quest
A cloud game no one wants to play as a cloud game... I'd say Tomb Raider but Squeenix lost the rights. Final Fantasy VII Remake perhaps?
Mario + Rabbids DLC
Something Resident Evil... A Code Veronica remake maybe?
Ends with: Camelot game, probably Mario Sluggers? Not that many major sports options left. Launching in June

link3710

StarPoint

@Rambler 2PM PT, 5PM ET, 10PM GMT, 9AM AET

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

MarioBrickLayer

@StarPoint I'm hoping they spend about 30 seconds on TotK, saying something like "we are very excited about the release in May, there will be a dedicated presentation in March"...That way we get lots of time on games we might not know about.

I think the Metroid Prime port/remake comes before MP4, but both could be announced/talked about at the same time. Maybe they show a trailer for MP4 and then say something like "and to get you excited about that, take a look at this..." and how MP1.

If the Mario game rumours are correct and it's a tie in for the movie (two big ifs) then I think that will be the "one last thing".

MarioBrickLayer

TeaCatherine

@jump I'm heartbroken, Directs being announced at 3PM UK time was the one thing you could be sure of, my world is crumbling down around me right now.

Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid
Back burner: Hollow Knight, Undertale

jump

@Rambler Tomorrow is right now in Australlia, although I'm pretty sure they've had too many Fosters and can't look at the clock right.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Bunkerneath

@1UP_MARIO the tweet for the UK was at 2:01 PM:

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

Anti-Matter

I don't have any expectation.
Cross my finger if there will be at least 1 interesting game for me, especially the unpopular / underrated games that matched with my personality.

Anti-Matter

1UP_MARIO

@Anti-Matter I can’t say I blame you. When you’re not even a fan of Nintendo games why bother watching the direct. Is it so you can complain that there were no games for you and everything was to mainstream

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Rambler

@jump
Surely time flows in the opposite direction in the Southern hemisphere?

Rambler

jump

@Rambler Well that would explain why the toilets flush backwards down there!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Anti-Matter

@1UP_MARIO
Because i'm not looking for zelda games / metroid games / xenoblade games / pikmin games / etc as a lot of people's are looking for them.
I'm looking for games that I have big appetite such as life sim games (ACNH, The Sims) or Rhythm games like DDR / Beatmania IIDX, farming sim games like Story of Seasons or Fae Farm, Yokai Watch games, unique games by indie developers like Overcooked / Epic Chef / Dodgeball Academia, etc.
Also, I personally prefer 3rd party games than 1st party Nintendo games as they have more diversity in genre and gaming ideas. The only strongest interest with 1st party Nintendo game I have was ACNH (90 from 100), the other 1st party Nintendo games I have lower interest about.
So for the Direct tomorrow, I only wait what the underrated / unpopular 3rd party games that will be on Switch and probably on PS4 / PS5 version so the Nintendo Direct will be the bridge for me to find more 3rd party games that I can consider for my PS4 / PS5 if the 3rd party games are multi console games. Usually I will check play-asia for the upcoming 3rd party games after watching Nintendo Direct as oftenly I found more 3rd party games that didn't announced from Nintendo Direct.
What about upcoming 1st party Nintendo games on Switch ? Gimme ARMS 2 and I will call it a day.

Anti-Matter

jump

My predictions;

Mario Dressage, you know that posh horse dancing thing since there's no other sports left.

Something Brie Larson like Animal Crossing DLC with her in the game so you can recreate Room as it's always funny how angry the comment sections gets about her.

Arms 2 so Anti will be happy for once, hopefully.

Big expansion plans for the Nintendo theme park are revealed as they realise the average Americans is a lot bigger than Japanese people.

Nintendo cave into this studio buying fad and announce they have acquired the studio behind Postal.

Tom Clancy for Smash!

Super Mario Odyssey update so Mario now looks like Chris Pratt.

And finally a 30 second clip of Zelda Kingdom Sad 😢

Nicolai wrote:

FragRed

@jump Ne careful what you say. Remember that kid in the 90s who trick called another kid in Australia to ask if the toilets were backwards and ended up with a $900 collect call charge? He was punished by being kicked in the ass with a giant boot. It’s one of Australia’s proudest traditions.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Fizza

Well that didn't take long XD
Untitled

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Castlevania Bloodlines (Mega Drive)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

jump

@FragRed oh yeah, that episode of Family Guy was a classic!

Nicolai wrote:

FragRed

@Fizza It’s just Reggie deliberately teasing everyone for fun

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic