Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 12,361 to 12,380 of 15,874

Grumblevolcano

Nintendo's big TotK promotion will likely start with the next Direct and get bigger in April with a standalone TotK Direct.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

MarioBrickLayer

The best theory I have seen is a general (ish) direct regarding any other releases and then a specific presentation on TotK, which is what they did for Splatoon 3 isn't it?

MarioBrickLayer

ElRoberico

@Giancarlothomaz Advance Wars Reboot Camp in April?

@Magician I very much agree with you on most of those. I'd even add Kirby, even though I love em. I think the only Mario game I'd be okay with is like 3D All-Stars 2 with like 3D Land, Galaxy 2, and 64 DS. It's time for something different.

Edited on by ElRoberico

Currently playing: Marvel's Spider-Man

TRANS RIGHTS ARE HUMAN RIGHTS

Fizza

That recent Kirby leak's got me even more convinced that a Direct is imminent. While I won't state what was shown out of respect for those not wanting to see it, the content showcased seems too substantial to be left out of promotional material prior to release. I'm thinking then that it'll be officially announced in it's own segment of the February Direct similar to how Star Allies got a section on planned free updates before release. That's just my speculation though XD

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Extreme-G (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

TeaCatherine

@Fizza Yeah, that did occur to me as well, take that alongside the fact that there are lot of small details about upcoming releases dropping that aren't big enough for a Direct... (Please help, I have no idea what I'm talking about.)

Edited on by TeaCatherine

Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid
Back burner: Hollow Knight, Undertale

Fizza

TeaCatherine wrote:

(Please help, I have no idea what I'm talking about.)

I don't think any of us here do for definite to be honest: we're like pigeons taking every little breadcrumb possible in order to fill out a giant dart board of loose threads XD
Untitled

TeaCatherine

@Fizza That is a very accurate portrayal of this thread.

Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid
Back burner: Hollow Knight, Undertale

ChaoticMagolor

@Giancarlothomaz Well, there goes any major E3 reveals.

Proud member of the Church of Magolor, Dr. Pepper enthusiast, Serial Designation N enjoyer, licensed memer, etc.

May pop in and out of existence.

I would suggest looking behind you.

Fizza

@Giancarlothomaz And just like that, interest in E3 has once again evaporated into thin air.
Untitled

westman98

Curious to see if Nintendo will host a general Direct in June now. They could very well just host a June Partner Showcase like in 2022 and call it a day.

At least Tears of the Kingdom will have launched by then.

westman98

Grumblevolcano

@westman98 Given how XC3 and Splatoon 3 are well on their way to outselling their predecessors (current official figures below):

• XC2 lifetime (2.44 million), XC3 in 2 months (1.72 million)
  • Splatoon 2 lifetime (13.30 million), Splatoon 3 in 3 weeks (7.90 million)

It does feel like Nintendo may do the same approach with Pikmin 4 this summer.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

VoidofLight

Well, the 1st seems interesting. There's a Monster Hunter Rise presentation which is being scheduled later than usual, and Final Fantasy Theatrhythm Final Bar Line is getting a free demo on the 1st as well, which is odd seeing as they announced it today, and there's no reason for them to wait to drop it. I feel like they might be waiting for a direct or State of Play in order to remind people about the demo, for those who didn't watch the stream today. Guess we'll see for sure tomorrow if a direct is coming this week or not.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

BlueKnight07

I think Nintendo will hold to February - June - September Directs regardless.

My guess is next Direct will better showcase the games we know about, including a more substantial TotK trailer. TotK Direct will follow in late March to early April.

BlueKnight07

Grumblevolcano

Another thing about February 1st is it's the day after the NSO Expansion Pack bonuses end. November 1st 2022 - January 31st 2023 got double Gold Points on everything in the eshop and Switch consoles on My Nintendo Store. Also N64 user icons were made available during that time.

Grumblevolcano

westman98

It seems like Nintendo just privated a video where they announced the return of Nintendo Switch Online Vouchers to the Americas.

Definitely feels like Nintendo Direct smoke here...

westman98

Grumblevolcano

3pm UK time has passed with no announcement so it seems like tomorrow isn't a Direct.

Grumblevolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic