Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 12,221 to 12,240 of 12,484

Giancarlothomaz

@VoidofLight where they gonna basis the second game story? out of thin air? did you forgot the first game and movie was based on the same plot, without the second Detective Pikachu movie , it make no sense to release Detective Pikachu 2(game).

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

FragRed

@VoidofLight Since when has not being a need for a sequel ever stopped Hollywood cashing in on easy sequels?

ENGAGE VG: www.engagevg.com

FroZtedFlake

@Giancarlothomaz Did you uh play the game? It's a very obviously cliff hanger and TPC confirmed they're still making the game. The movie was loosely based on the game.

@FragRed Honestly though lol. But yeah they did cancel it, they're still doing the live-action Netflix series for all we know. I could see them maybe reviving Detective Pikachu 2 (the movie) if the game sells well and has an easy enough plot.

Games I'm playing right now:
Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4
Xenoblade Chronicles 3 - Switch
Ace Attorney Trilogy - Switch
Zelda 1 - Switch Online
Majora's Mask 3D - 3DS

WaffleBoat

If the next direct is a fire emblem one I will lose my mind. because they keep releasing more fire emblem games where the characters actually commit war crimes, while advance wars still hasn’t come out yet

I fear no man
but that thing:
The carrot minigame from bowser's inside story
it scares me

VoidofLight

@Giancarlothomaz Just told you the original game ends on a cliffhanger, with Detective Pikachu 2’s story being a continuation of the original game.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

VoidofLight

@FragRed Since they’d have to try to get the rights from Gamefreak/Nintendo, who also have to okay the film?

Magician

So we're upon The Game Awards today. Lets keep our expectations in check. I can't wait for the Switch "recent releases sizzle reel". Woo!

Switch Physical Collection - 1,082 games (as of January 30th, 2023)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Magician

At least Geoff Keighley has said that tonight's ceremony will be closer to two hours in length rather than the near three hours it had usually been. I assume he'll be blitzing straight through the lesser awards, mainly the eSports stuff. Fire off three category winners in less than a few minutes or something.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,082 games (as of January 30th, 2023)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

NintendoByNature

So I didn't even have time to watch the awards show tn. How was it?

NintendoByNature

EaglyTheKawaiiShika

@NintendoByNature pretty good one of the best Game awards

Top Games, Xenoblade 1 2 3, Noir a tomato/replicats, Mario galaxy 1 2, MGS5, Stardew valley, Hollow knight, Yakuza Like a dragon, GOW 2018, Doom 2016, Dragon quest 11, Bug fables, FE3H
Holy S##t guys Puss in boots 2 is great
https://youtu.be/bEoNNYyVNxc - Puss in boots 2 preview

westman98

So no Tears of the Kingdom trailer/footage, but Nintendo did unveil that Bayonetta story-book game and show off some Super Mario movie footage. They also won a few awards as well - more than I expected TBH.

Edited on by westman98

westman98

Grumblevolcano

Looking at the timing of the reveal trailers for Switch hardware and the next earnings report after it, it looks like if there's new hardware alongside TotK then it's being announced before February 7th (which is a Tuesday):

• Switch - Teaser trailer October 20th 2016, upcoming earnings report October 26th 2016
  • Switch Lite - Reveal July 10th 2019, upcoming earnings report July 30th 2019
  • Switch OLED - Reveal July 6th 2021, upcoming earnings report August 5th 2021

All the reveals are closer to the upcoming earnings report than the previous earnings report. I'm going with February 1st/2nd for my prediction, that's also just after the NSO Expansion Pack 2x Gold Points offer for everything on the eshop ends.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

GrailUK

@Grumblevolcano When you say new hardware, do you mean a limited edition Zelda OLED (yummy!) or something that is an actual upgrade?

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Grumblevolcano

@GrailUK Something like a more powerful Switch. I'd guess the idea is that shareholders panic when there's unexplained projection drops so if there is a more powerful Switch in May alongside TotK, Nintendo's hardware projections will drop to take account of people waiting for it. Announcing the more powerful Switch before the earnings report would mean projection drops have a clear reason.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

GrailUK

@Grumblevolcano I better start saving up. A more powerful Switch could be expensive; the original one hasn't even come down in price yet lol.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

VoidofLight

@Grumblevolcano New Switch Hardware isn't happening until 2024 at he earliest. At least, I hope. I don't want to have to buy a new console when I just got a faulty steamdeck for Christmas, and then an OLED for my birthday during the summer, just so I can play TotK like it's advertised.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic