Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 12,221 to 12,240 of 15,874

ElRoberico

Since there is a gap in the schedule for April, anyone else feel like that's a lock for Advance Wars?

Currently playing: Marvel's Spider-Man

TRANS RIGHTS ARE HUMAN RIGHTS

Giancarlothomaz

@Magician you have to consider that before the launch of Switch, Wii U was Nintendo last home console, they have to develop to 3DS and Wii U, now it would be much easier to make games, now that Nintendo is focusing on a single console(unless, they return to a home and handheld consoles in the next generation, they release two consoles at ounce).

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@ElRoberico I'm thinking Detective Pikachu being announced in a Pokemon Presents. 2020 had a bunch of Pokemon spinoffs alongside DLC for the current mainline games so I think the same will happen in 2023.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

@westman98 Mystery Dungeon remake, Cafe Mix and Smile all released in 2020, that's what I was referring to by 2020 having bunch of Pokemon spinoffs. If you want to also include announcements in 2020 for later releases, New Pokemon Snap and Unite were both announced in 2020. TPC did a similar thing in 2015 when there was no mainline release at all so it's a reasonable guess that 2023 would be full of spinoffs.

Detective Pikachu comes to mind for release in 2023 because it's one of the few spinoffs that have been announced but not released. Pokemon Sleep is the other.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

VoidofLight

@westman98 Finally, proof to debunk the "TEARS OF THE KINGDOM WILL LAUNCH ON SWITCH AND SWITCH 2!" claims. Nintendo isn't going to release brand new hardware along side TotK if they're also pushing an OLED model base console.

This also means we're probably bound for news in the coming weeks, since if they're already manufacturing the consoles, then they're most likely getting ready to announce them.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

westman98

@Grumblevolcano
If Tears of the Kingdom doesn't get a big detailed trailer by February, then sure, things are bizarre. But until then, the marketing seems fine and the game remains very highly anticipated.

westman98

FragRed

Looks like it’s going to be a 2024 release for the Switch successor. That asks the question what big games they have for that year since it can’t be TokT

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Magician

@FragRed Folks assume it'll be Mario Odyssey 2 and Metroid Prime Remake.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

westman98

@Magician
To be fair, a new Mario or Metroid (be it Prime 4 or Prime 1 Remake) are decent candidates for Switch 2 launch titles. It won't be TOTK, that's for sure.

westman98

FragRed

@Magician I’ve always assumed Metroid Prime 4 made sense even if it’s not that big Zelda type game. My concern with it being another big 3D Mario game would mean that there’s no major Mario game next year, the year the movie launches

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Giancarlothomaz

@FragRed a expansion pass/DLC for Pokemon Scarlet e Violet might the big holiday game for 2023, Metroid is not huge to be a holiday release(Nintendo is saving the next 2D/3D Mario for it next gen console, so the only option left is more Pokemon), @Magician the launch games of Switch sucessor might be, the next 3D/2D Mario, next Animal Crossing or Splatoon, some ports of PS4/Xbox One games, two timed exclusive for a major third party company(Capcom or Square Enix), return of a long dormant franchise(F-Zero or Star Fox), Mario Kart 9, a new IP for Nintendo and gen 10 from Pokemon).

Edited on by Giancarlothomaz

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

FragRed

@Giancarlothomaz It’s not gonna be Splatoon because they have I think a 2 year content plan for the third game and I can’t see a new Animal Crossing launching year one. But a new Mario Kart, that should be a given. As for dormant franchises, doubt we will see either F-Zero or Star Fox for a very long time. I do think a new IP they’ll hope to be the next big thing is possible, like how they obviously hoped Arms was going to be until it wasn’t. To be honest I’m totally out the loop on Pokémon. Tried several times to play them and I just don’t get the excitement so I wouldn’t know about any big expansions but I assume there are some.

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed If it launched in 2024, I'd guess the launch year lineup would be something like:

• Metroid Prime 4
  • Wind Waker HD/Twilight Princess HD
  • Galaxy 2 or NSMB collection (if 2023 gets a new 3D Mario then NSMB collection, if 2023 gets a new 2D Mario then Galaxy 2)
  • Gen 2 or Gen 5 Pokemon remakes
  • MK8 Deluxe Booster Course Pass 2
  • Mario Party Superstars 2
  • A new IP

But honestly I think the Zelda OLED could be easily be fake (could go either way), it's just the box (rather than the box and the console) and there's lots of people who have done convincing fakes in the past.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

westman98

My Switch 2 predictions now that we pretty much know for sure it isn't releasing during H1 2023.
> Announce in late 2023
> Launch in March 2024
> Uses the "Drake" SoC that was leaked from the Nvidia data breach in early 2022
> Supports 4K via DLSS and features (a primitive form of) ray-tracing
> Backwards-compatible with Switch
> Launch window titles: New 3D Mario game, Mario Kart 9, Metroid Prime 1 Remake, Tears of the Kingdom 4K Complete Edition, Splatoon 3 4K Edition

westman98

Magician

Backwards compatibility will make-or-break my interest in the Switch successor. If Nintendo and Nvidia are unable to offer an elegant solution for running Switch 1 games on Switch 2, I won't have a reason to purchase a Switch 2. I have no qualms about leaving the platform behind if Nintendo asks their customers to build their collection from scratch.

I hope nobody assumes b/c is a given...because it isn't.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic