Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 12,121 to 12,140 of 15,919

kkslider5552000

IceClimbers wrote:

Doom is my cozy game of choice personally

This is an excellent choice, though if you mean the original, not including the Ultimate Doom levels I assume :V

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

ElRoberico

I grew up with retro games, so my comfort game is either SMB or Pac-Man. They feel like nostalgia for me. Or Pokemon. Yellow was the first game that was mine that no one could take away.

Currently playing: Marvel's Spider-Man

TRANS RIGHTS ARE HUMAN RIGHTS

StarPoint

@Giancarlothomaz Xenoblade 3 and Bayonetta 3 are definitely going to make appearances, not sure for which categories though. Then Splatoon 3 will be nominated for Best Multiplayer Game.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

Fizza

@Giancarlothomaz My heart would love to see Pokemon Legends Arceus in the Best RPG category. I know it won't be (and I certainly don't want it to win when stacked against games like Xenoblade) but it's my joint GOTY alongside The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles and Splatoon 3 and I'd love to see it get recognition for successfully shaking up an old (and admittedly stagnant) formula and taking it to heights never before seen from the series.

Oh and whilst I'm here: Splatoon 3 in the running for Best Soundtrack. This s*** does not get the recognition it deserves and it bothers me so goddamn much.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Mega Man 11 (Switch)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

VoidofLight

@Eagly Legends is alright, but it's a one and done type game. You play it once for the most part and then never really touch it again. Scarlet and Violet is where I would probably start if you're trying to give the mainline games another shot, since it's a full fledged pokemon title, and from a couple of friends who played it, they've really enjoyed it.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Anti-Matter

I don't really need Nintendo Direct at the moment as I oftenly got covered from play-asia about the upcoming games that didn't aired from Nintendo Direct since my gaming taste is different.
I'm not looking for AAA games like zelda, xenoblade, metroid, smash bros, etc.
I'm looking for the games that only captured my interest, mostly the unpopular games.

Anti-Matter

Grumblevolcano

Given Directs are reliant on social media for promoting the event itself, it came to mind whether Nintendo will still do Directs if social media does end up disappearing.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

westman98

@Grumblevolcano
I know Elon is self-destructing Twitter as we speak but social media as a whole isn't going away anytime soon.

westman98

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano @westman98 There’s definitely no way social media will disappear. Regardless of the meltdown happening at Twitter and the sheer magnitude of the drop in value at Facebook, something always comes along to replace them when it appears to be in a downward spiral. Social media is here to stay for better or for worse. Just to ingrained into peoples lives. And to be honest, isn’t YouTube is social media so as long as that’s around Nintendo are still using social media to do Directs.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

westman98

@FragRed
I was under the impression that Meta's poor financial performance over the last few months was due to their metaverse not taking off, not because people were abandoning Facebook.

Regardless, Nintendo will never stop doing Directs unless YouTube and other video streaming websites stop existing.

westman98

VoidofLight

@westman98 Yeah, Meta's poor stock value is because they're getting big into the Metaverse stuff, which'll never take off.

Kermit1doesmath

@Eagly Ask the M̷̛̺̓o̶͔̱͈̺͐̽ò̴̢͈̀̈́s̷͔̑̂̾ȇ̴̯̒͊͆̂̍

dysgraphia awareness human

blindsquirrel

@Kermit1
Miiverse needs to come back. Twitter is just a pile of garbage now. Although it was never that great to begin with.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

VoidofLight

I'd rather Miiverse stay in my memories. A modern take would just end up being twitter but worse. The original was special because it was a mess with moderation and existence in general. It wasn't toxic, but just weird and funny.

Kermit1doesmath

@VoidofLight It was a perfect window into the world of 2013

M̷̛̺̓o̶͔̱͈̺͐̽ò̴̢͈̀̈́s̷͔̑̂̾ȇ̴̯̒͊͆̂̍

dysgraphia awareness human

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic