Forums

Topic: Most Anticipated Switch Games For 2022?

Posts 41 to 60 of 63

Krull

Loads of stuff to keep an eye on, but I think the only ones I’m excited about to the point of being willing to preorder them are Zelda: Breath of the Wild sequel and Triangle Strategy. However, given the typical enforced scarcity of Atlus/Vanillaware titles, I may also end up preordering 13 Sentinels - I really want that as a portable title!

I will almost certainly pick up Silksong, but the game I’m most interested in - just to know whether it’s any good, not necessarily to buy - is Monark. Looks a bit mid-tier, but it could be a belter.

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

MarioBrickLayer

@UncleTendo the only way Mario Kart 9 gets a release on the switch is if it's a cross gen title, but even that I think is unlikely. I think it will be a launch title for the next console.

MarioBrickLayer

Sasuke94

First of all I am excited to play Pokémon-Legends: Arceus and hope that they have some kind of new game for the holiday season next year.

Besides that there is a lot of stuff to look forward to:
Splatoon 3
Kirby
Mario + Rabbids 2
Advance Wars Remake
Bayonetta 3
BotW 2

2022 will be one of the best years for the system!

Sasuke94

Magician

As a Switch fan who enjoys the platform more for its ports than its first party games there are a few things I would like to be confirmed for release in 2022 on Switch. Assassin's Creed Ezio Collection, MLB The Show 2022, Chaos;Head & Chaos;Child double pack, etc. And now that 13 Sentinels is scheduled for an April release, hopefully that opens the door for Switch ports of Dragon's Crown and/or Muramasa down the road.

Any and all Vanillaware's games would be welcomed honestly.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

anynamereally

For me it is:

• that goemon inspired game from good-feel (that was initially slated for 2021, but looks like it was silently moved to 2022)
  • cotton fantasy (aka cotton rock & roll)

I'm not getting my hopes up for any of 1st party releases during 2022. Though Kirby Forgotten Land has the potential to be good.

Edited on by anynamereally

anynamereally

UncleTendo

MarioBrickLayer wrote:

@UncleTendo the only way Mario Kart 9 gets a release on the switch is if it's a cross gen title, but even that I think is unlikely. I think it will be a launch title for the next console.

That’s our insinuation 😎

Castlevania II dual disc USA Famicom prototype FS. DM serious offers only.

Twitter:

UncleTendo

Magician wrote:

As a Switch fan who enjoys the platform more for its ports than its first party games there are a few things I would like to be confirmed for release in 2022 on Switch. Assassin's Creed Ezio Collection, MLB The Show 2022, Chaos;Head & Chaos;Child double pack, etc. And now that 13 Sentinels is scheduled for an April release, hopefully that opens the door for Switch ports of Dragon's Crown and/or Muramasa down the road.

Any and all Vanillaware's games would be welcomed honestly.

I badly want a 2-4p Muramasa sequel … a 2d Beat Em Up, same artstyle, same gameplay + ability to walk up or down like 90’s arcade beat em ups while doing combat.

Castlevania II dual disc USA Famicom prototype FS. DM serious offers only.

Twitter:

MarioBrickLayer

UncleTendo wrote:

That’s our insinuation 😎

With the chip shortages across all industries I think there is no chance Nintendo release a new console before mid 2023, at the absolute earliest. Maybe we get a Switch Lite OLED, but that's it.

MarioBrickLayer

iLikeUrAttitude

I'm late but Sonic Frontiers was a confirmed for the switch a while ago so thats another game to look forward to next year I guess.

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

Fizza

Pokemon Legends Arceus (easily my most hyped game, I just need it in my possession NOW)
Animal Crossing New Horizons (I know it isn't a 2022 game, but I'll be getting it in March 2022 and am so excited to create themed clothing and villager houses, as well as tinker with HHP)
Splatoon 3 (fell in love with 2 and am excited to be around from the start for once. Really hope they add a new paint themed weapon like a palette that works like a shield, similar to the brella)

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

iLikeUrAttitude

So while this game hasn't gotten a confirmed release date I think its highly likely that the DQ3 remake will release this year and if so I'll definitely try to get it.

Untitled

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

NicolausCamp

I'm only listing games that have actually been confirmed for release this year.

1 Bayonetta 3
2. Kirby and the Forgotten Land
3. Pocky & Rocky Reshrined
4. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2
5. Azure Striker Gunvolt 3
6. Splatoon 3
7. Triangle Strategy
8. Sol Cresta
9. Sonic Origins
10. 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim

NicolausCamp

3DS Friend Code: 4184-2034-2289 | Nintendo Network ID: NicolausCamp | Twitter:

VoidofLight

1. BotW 2

2. Elden Ring

3. maybe stranger of paradise.

4. Sunbreak DLC.

I don't really have much in terms of first party Nintendo this year, since I feel like they screwed up tons of series this gen, and I'm actually scared to buy another kirby or another splatoon game due to the bad experiences I've had with those series.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

MarioBrickLayer

Like @Magician I enjoy a good port as much as a Nintendo 1st party game, I'm really looking forward to:-

1. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge
2. Assassin's Creed: The Ezio Collection
3. GTA: The Trilogy (hopefully the physical release is much better than what we have now digitally)
4. The House of the Dead: Remake
5. Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light + Temple of Osiris
6. Dying Light 2
7. Sonic Frontiers
8. TLOTR: Gollum

MarioBrickLayer

I-U

1. Pokemon Legends: Arceus
2. Breath of the Wild 2
3. Kirby and the Forgotten Land
4. Mario + Rabbids Sparks Of Hope
5. Bayonetta 3
6. Metroid Prime 4 (I'm 50/50 on it releasing this year or next)
7. Sports Story

Edited on by I-U

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

Ralizah

@VoidofLight If you didn't like previous Splatoon games, chances are pretty good you won't like Splatoon 3, unless they wildly change up the game's modes or something.

What series do you feel like Nintendo screwed up?

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSVR_lover

Bayonets 3 for me, it’s going to be epic!

The PSVR is the best VR system on the market today.

StarPoint

Definitely looking forward to BOTW 2, with Splatoon 3 following right behind it. Also looking forward to Kirby and Advance Wars, but not quite to the same degree.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

VoidofLight

@Ralizah Mostly Kirby. Not particularly excited for Kirby given how bad star allies was when I bought it.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Ralizah

@VoidofLight New one looks pretty decent, although Kirby games usually trend toward being mediocre in general. Planet Robobot was sick, but that's an exception to the rule.

But yeah, no reason not to wait for reviews, user impressions, and whatnot.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic