Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin

Posts 561 to 580 of 588

JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

VoidofLight

@Snaplocket I don't think so, but it seems to run smoother than it originally did. Could just be the fact that I'm used to it though.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

JaxonH

New update is out! Couple new monsters added. Gotta love it

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Snatcher

@DomGC Plus if you play on switch, its going to run like crap. (I don't have it, but woo did the demo not do a good job hooking me.)

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

mr_somewhere

Been having an absolute blast with the game and been having fun co-oping with friends in the post game. Anybody got any tips for farming bottle caps? Could do with a few more of those SR Den runs.

Switch ID: SW-5759-3188-0977

Snatcher

@DomGC Hey if the game runs better on the switch then the demo did I'm more then willing to buy it, But the grinding does sound a little much, is it worse then the mainline series of games?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Snatcher

@Balta666 OK Thanks.

roy130390

@DomGC It's kind of a given about the grind and need for it on an RPG that it's also based on the main series. They either do content that is accessible for everyone but isn't relevant to endgame levels or give something that requires level and strategy to be accessed and rewards with stuff for endgame and PVP, where there's most of the meat in my opinion.

Considering that they heard the feedback of the first game and part of it was "make it more difficult, like the main entries" it's expected that these missions are hard. I wouldn't say that you require max level though, I'm doing this stuff at level 60. There's also certain challenges that don't rely much on level, but on doing certain combat mechanics or otherwise you are doomed regardless of it.

I get that the grind isn't for everyone, but the way I see it it's simply more content for the people that want more. Since they introduced another elder dragon, it would be unbalanced to just give it to anyone. It's like having a legendary Pokemon available since early in the story and it's the same with the sets.

@Snatcher I honestly don't know why suddenly people are getting so concerned about fps. Personally, I didn't have any serious bad experience with the game in either the demo or the main game. When it's bad, it kinda resembles Zelda BOTW frame drops but just as that game is momentarily and then it's good again. It may be my imagination, but I also see it even more stable with updates.

About the grind, it's a Monster Hunter game so there's grind for armor and weapons as well as getting monsters, but it's the kind of game designed to have an enjoyable loop in said grind. It isn't for everyone, just like every game, but most people seem to enjoy it. I have 100+ hours and still having lots of fun with it.

Edited on by roy130390

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

roy130390

@DomGC As a tip, can get SR tickets from other tickets. It's kinda annoying to check every chest, but between those, nutriments and bottle caps you end up getting tons of good stuff somewhat fast. Narcaruga has helped me made all that stuff much faster as I just collect everything in my sight in a couple minutes avoiding everything else.

I haven't played Rise yet and it might take some time as I'm waiting for a good discount on it (it's worth full price but I'm cheap haha) but I did love the demo and found the combat much more enticing than on 4U, which was already good.

Snatcher

@roy130390 Well when I was playing the demo, it just looked really ugly to me, On top of the rez drops to, but I see what your saying. so is the grind just as much as other Monster hunter games or RPG? or is it worst/more then monster hunter games/RPG? I know what you said, I just want to be clear.

roy130390

@Snatcher The artstyle? Wow, I'm actually surprised to hear that since it got a lot of praise, but I guess that it isn't for everyone. Personally I love it, I wouldn't even mind a main entry looking like that. Looked way more alive, with better designs, colourful and better animated than Pokemon Shield to me.

The grind is pretty much equal to other Monster Hunter games. You constantly farm monsters for eggs and parts to make better gear. Leveling up practically happens on it's own while you do this, but if you wanna level up for any reason you can beat a monster a few times and then you have the option to press ZR and ZL at the same time to automatically finish the fight. You can also speed up fights with the + button so that animations get an x2 and x3 speed.

The game is pretty much built around this loop so that progress feels constant and satisfying. Progressing through the story needs little to no grind in my experience.

Edited on by roy130390

Snatcher

@roy130390 Well not the artstyle per say, But more or less the grass, and the tree just Made it look worst when the rez or FPS dropped, I also think it needs a little tint to it as its a little to bright for me, But maybe I should re download the demo and turn it down.

VoidofLight

@DomGC It sounds like the DLC for Fantasy Life, where you have to grind to a really high level just to reach the extra content, only for the DLC story to be over after 30 minutes.

roy130390

It's the opposite for me haha. 100+ hours and still having fun and waiting for all the announced content. Meanwhile I just played Pokemon Sword for about 15 hours. I still have hope on Pokémon Arceus, but even if it fails I'm pretty happy with MH Stories 2 so I wouldn't be that disappointed.

VoidofLight

I haven't even finished Stories 2. Lost interest around Nergigante ,and so I've just been playing The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles. Will probably pick it back up in order to properly finish the game after I beat TGAAC, unless WarioWare comes out before that. I also wanna try and beat Xenoblade 2's Torna DLC and Future Connected, since those two have been on my list for a while.

TeeJay

I've been addicted to the end game grind. I'm slowly but surely gathering together my dream team and adding great genes as I find them, all while slowly making progress through the Elder's Lair.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

roy130390

@TeeJay Which monsters are you using?

TeeJay

@roy130390 Currently my team is Silverwind Narga, Boltreaver Astalos, Glavenus, Teostra, Stygian Zinogre, and an elementless Palamute. I'm working on getting Hellblade Glavenus soon., and if I can I want to replace Teostra with Velkhana because another Power based fire monster seems redundant.

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

roy130390

@TeeJay Nice! I use Silverwind Narcaruga, Thunderlord Zinogre, Dragon Palamute, Velkhana, Nergigante and Kushala Daora. Kushala and Silverwind might be replaced though.

Edited on by roy130390

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic