Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin

Posts 181 to 200 of 588

VoidofLight

@Joeynator3000 Most people think the lag is just caused by the plants not being properly optimized, since it only does this in shots with plants.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Snatcher

@VoidofLight Maybe, but I have had it happen to me in the village as well.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Joeynator3000

Yeah, some of the cutscenes (even ones without any plants at all) are even choppy. It won't bother me too much I guess, but yeah hopefully they'll smooth some of this stuff out.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

VoidofLight

I wonder if the build in the trailers was the pc version, hiding the flaws of the switch release. Since the gameplay and cutscenes look better in the trailers in terms of the frame rate.

Snatcher

@VoidofLight Could be, they never said it was or wasn't.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Ralizah

Bit of a shame to hear there are performance issues after how well-optimized Rise's performance was on Switch.

Well, it'll probably improve with patches. I need to try this out for myself tomorrow.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Ralizah

Spent a bit of time with this undocked. It's beautiful, and the story is immediately engrossing.

No real issues with the performance so far, although I do hope they eventually give an option to cap the framerate.

I really wish they gave an option to attack enemies in the field like in Shin Megami Tensei/Persona/Dragon Quest XI, though. Just running into enemies feels very weird. Also, as expected, pretty bored with the battles so far, but we'll see if that changes.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

VoidofLight

@Snaplocket Combat’s not focused on luck. It’s easier to tell what attacks monsters are going for now. Grinding monsters is like grinding in any other jrpg when you get new party members.

VoidofLight

@Balta666 the treehouse was smooth, but the game in the same areas isn’t as smooth.

Snatcher

@VoidofLight I never thought it was based on luck, like ever, Idk why somebody would think that, if you see a narg, you know its going to use green moves so use power moves, you see a idk, its quite easy to tell what the monster uses based on there first to attacks, ya some times they mix it up, but for the most part they have a pattern just like in the MH games. (BTW I'm talking about the guy who was talking about it being luck not you)

Snatcher

@Snaplocket Well its the same thing in this game.

VoidofLight

@Snaplocket Don’t think anyone’s really passing their opinions as facts, but okay?

Snatcher

@Snaplocket No I don't think your opinions are fact, thats not what i'm saying here, I think maybe you might have miss understood the combat and it made it harder for you, but your saying now you just don't like the combat, Which is fine, I didn't now that when you said it was luck based, I thought you thought it was lucked based and it was making it harder for yourself, thats all, now that I know you mean't you actually don't like it, I can understand.

roy130390

I was just able to play a bit of the demo but just as I expected it's even better than the first one. I can't wait to play again in a couple of hours.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

Octane

Tried it, but I don't like the battle system. I'm not a fan of all the menus either, it's just MH with turn-based battles. The core battle concept is extremely simplified, but everything around it is way too complex, it should've been the other way around. I really wish it was more like Pokemon, cause it does look very good.

Framerate was all over the place as well, but maybe that was just my Switch acting up.

Octane

Snatcher

@Octane Nah everyone has had an FP issue as well, and its ok, the battle system wont be for everyone.

JaxonH

Still waiting to dive in until tomorrow. Got my hands full with Tony Hawk, Mario Golf and Neo: The World Ends With You.

Pretty sure once I start playing I won’t put it down, so I’d like to play these other games a bit before getting sucked into the vortex again.

Btw the monsters in this game look so adorable.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

VoidofLight

The demo overall is around 2 hours long. It's pretty good honestly, and makes me want more.

Joeynator3000

I mean, 2 hours seems good enough...I didn't spend forever in the original's demo, either. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic