Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Rise

Posts 881 to 900 of 4,706

JaxonH

@DennisNOR
Yes.

The footage already showed random as an option so it’ll randomly choose who you join.

SOS request also returns via the cohoot.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Joeynator3000

So, yeah, still alive here...
I randomly decided to check this forum and locked that one thread, lol
I felt like playing the demo again after not touching it for a while, wanted to give the Charge Blade a try and I think I may end up getting back into that weapon. I did use it a bit in the Generations games, it was alright, but didn't mess with it too much especially after getting to the point where I would never touch the Hunter again after becoming addicted to Prowler mode. lol

As for the Hunting Horn, I did use that weapon before already, chances are I'll be using that more often as well. I'll likely still main the Gunlance though, but, I'm hoping that shorter dodge/evade distance is just a demo thing. Only thing that's bothering me right now, didn't know it was with other weapons as well.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

JokerCK

Monster Hunter Rise Is Coming to PC in 2022. Frankly speaking, this news destroyed my interest in the game. I thought this is gonna be switch exclusive. Pc already have monster hunter. If we don't get that one, they shouldn't get it rise. Don't get me wrong im gonna stil buy for switch but dam greedy capcom.

Edited on by JokerCK

JokerCK

VoidofLight

Exclusivity really doesn’t matter. What matters is that the game’s even coming to switch and that it looks as good as it does on switch.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

TeeJay

I see no issue with more people getting to enjoy the game, lol.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

SViper

@TeeJay but those who own good PC and Nintendo Switch will prefer to buy PC instead of NS if they patient, so that will weaken Rise sales on NS.

Edited on by SViper

http://twitch.tv/TheSViper
https://www.change.org/p/anmtvla-pokemonlatam-español-latino-en-los-juegos-de-pokémon - let's help this petition for Latin American Spanish be add to Pokémon games and with that may increase chance that in future Pokémon games adds more languages. :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-7289-6600-2802 | 3DS Friend Code: 4270-5974-5136 | My Nintendo: SViper | Nintendo Network ID: TheSViper | Twitter:

Magician

MHR being available on PC as well as Switch isn't a big deal. Platform exclusivity is something we're seeing less and less of in video games. Even Sony themselves are quietly moving all of their first party games onto PC. Keep in mind that video games are a business, and all businesses want a return on their investment.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Zuljaras

I do not know why people could be upset over that. Most of my games on the Switch are inferior ports and I still love to play them on the Nintendo Console

Grumblevolcano

Not that I care about the PC release (I don't play on PC) but it would still be disappointing if there's no crossplay and cross-progression between Switch and PC.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

@SViper
but those who own good PC and Nintendo Switch will prefer to buy PC instead of NS if they patient, so that will weaken Rise sales on NS.

That's not true at all. I own a PC that smokes my PS5 and I would NEVER want to play Rise on PC over Switch. Why on earth would I want to forfeit hybrid handheld console functionality just to be tethered to a TV screen? What, just because the resolution is slightly sharper? Even if it was day and date I still wouldn't buy on PC over Switch.

People like Switch. People prefer it over other consoles for many, if not most games. Especially MH.

Proof? Amazon sales charts. MH Rise was at #100 yesterday and it's still at #100 today. No flood of canceled pre-orders. Nobody cares. There's probably some people out there that prefer PC, but they're vastly outnumbered by those who prefer Switch, and even then, most MH fans aren't gonna sit around and wait an entire year just to avoid playing on Switch. If they hate the system so much they go to those lengths to avoid playing on it, they probably don't own one and never will.

@Grumblevolcano
We'll see. World didn't have it and I don't expect it for Rise, either. Which, if it did I'd actually play on PC down the line and bounce my save. But no cross play means I'll just stick with Switch where I can do both TV and handheld play and local MP

Joeynator3000

Oh yeah, the other day I had a dream that Gigginox was revealed in Rise. This is just irritating me because it looked so real and everything, looked all slimy and shiny based on what I saw........in my dream...T.T

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Punisher67

Rise coming to pc - or any other console is irrelevant to me. Less exclusives the better.

Rise with the hori pad in handheld mode is going to be amazing

Punisher67

TeeJay

@SViper looking from my PC to my Switch

Huh, that's news to me! Lmao

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

JaxonH

It seems the PC announcement has actually driven sales higher on Switch lol...

Monster Hunter Rise has now suddenly shot up to #70 on the Amazon charts, after spending the last few days around #100. There’s a clear jump from this morning to tonight. Not only that, but the system itself jumped from #10 to #7 in the charts.

It’s almost as if the news made people say, “2022? Screw all that... zooms to preorder!” Cause this had been floating around for a while. Most people suspected it, and some may have been holding out thinking it would be a quick follow up fall release. Clearly some had been, because the MHR gold rush is real today.

And who can blame em. God knows I did the same thing when World released. Paid $60 for PS+ just so I could play the first exclusive demo... Monster Hunter fans don’t mess around. I’m a patient person, but not when it comes to Monster Hunter. That’s when I lose all self control.

Edited on by JaxonH

TeeJay

Knowing me I'll eventually get both versions anyways, just like with World, haha. I imagine a lot of other fans will be the same way.

Varkster

Game looks and runs fantastic on the Switch lmao, I am definitely not waiting a whole f*ing year for the PC port. Unless the two versions will have cross-platform support the PC pnline community is also not going to be nearly as big as the Switch online community.

Good news for PC-only gamers, just a shame that this was announced now for some reason. Seems like a borderline crippling move.

When World came out, that game had major issues on console, I could see why people would wait for the PC version but in this scenario there seems to be no downside. This game from experience runs better than World.

Varkster

JaxonH

I love PC. I’m a PC gamer and won’t buy games on any other power console unless they’re permanent exclusives. For one, online is free. For two, I get better performance and graphics. For three, I get gyro. For four, my Steam library is not confined by generations. For five, the sales can’t be beat.

That said, PC will always play second fiddle to a handheld hybrid device, provided the game in question doesn’t suffer severe performance issues or excessive graphical downgrades as a result.

I simply cannot reason why a PC version of a game would be more appealing than a Switch version, especially when a Switch version looks as good as Monster Hunter Rise, being built for the system ground up. Not to say there wouldn’t be definitive improvements both graphically and with regard to performance- there would be, and those are good advantages to have. For sure. But they hardly increase the intensity of fun and entertainment anywhere even remotely close as having the ability to play as a console game, handheld game or tabletop game all in one does. Especially for Monster Hunter. There’s a reason there’s such a strong outpouring of demand for portable MH. It’s a perfect game for portable play, and local MP.

However, IF cross save is offered, then one can have their cake and eat it too. Enjoy the benefits of the best possible visuals and performance, while also retaining the benefits of handheld and tabletop. Unfortunately I don’t think Capcom is going to go for that. I’ll still buy it on PC though just because it’s a Monster Hunter and, I want it on PC for preservation’s sake. But I won’t be playing it there, unlike World, where I had no incentive to stick with PS over Steam.

Btw, it’s confirmed that decorations can be crafted again, unlike in World. No more RNG decos.

Edited on by JaxonH

Varkster

@JaxonH I think having multiple generations on Steam and not having to re-buy ports every 10 minutes is the greatest strength of PC gaming. When I hear arguments about this everyone seems to bring up that PC is more powerful and that it can run games with much more customization to suit your style of play, which is true, but I find the greatest strength is that I can play a game from 1997 like Fallout and then the next day play a newer game like Baldur's Gate 3.

The consoles simply do not have this sort of strength but the Switch keeps dragging me in thanks to its one unique and great feature, which is the portability. I wish more games like this came out for the system, though. It seems even when developers attempt to make passion projects like No More Heroes 3 and Deadly Premonition 2, nobody really has the grip on the hardware or the money to make games at least look presentable and high quality. Deadly Premonition is still beyond belief just how bad that game looks and plays (I love and hate that series).

Maybe when NMH3 comes out and they optimize it I will eat my words, who knows.

Edited on by Varkster

Varkster

JaxonH

@Varkster
Those are, I think, some of the worst.

Other examples, though not all strictly passion projects, if just considering games designed for the hardware in mind, include Monster Hunter Rise, Monster Hunter Stories 2, the leaked Resident Evil Outrage for Switch that will surely be one of the best looking games on the system, Mario Rabbids Kingdom Battle, Bayonetta 3, Astral Chain, Octopath Traveler, Project Triangle Strategy, Bravely Default 2, Shin Megami Tensei V, Fast Racing RMX, etc.

I think passion projects specifically depend on the developer’s skill and budget. But hey, No More Heroes 3 will still likely be a fun game. I love how creative it looks. Deadly Premonition 2, on the other hand, is a clear example of a studio that doesn’t know how to code video games properly. The idea was good, but the execution was a disaster.

I hear you about the ports. For Switch, I love them. I WANT ports of all the best games to come be hybrid handheld versions. Tony Hawk 1/2 please. Crash Bandicoot 4 please. Sniper Elite 4 please. Mario 3D World please. Zelda Skyward Sword please. Give me all the ports. But most of these games are being ported from other power consoles or past generations, and being ported to a system that actually offers something of value no other platform has ever offered.

But when I see PS4 games that released 1-2 years ago repackaged and resold for $50-$70 on PS5, with “visual improvements” I can hardly detect without a magnifying glass, I just shake my head. Rebuy the exact same games you bought last year or the year before, for full price, all for the privilege of a barely visible enhancement, and when the existing game already runs on the system as is and looks 95% the same. That’s the sort of thing that makes me think wow... I’m glad I’m a PC gamer.

I also think Switch’s greatest strength isn’t just it’s portability. Because plenty of systems have been portable and never saw the success Switch is seeing. It’s the 3-in-1 hybrid portability. Console switches to handheld switches to tabletop switches back to console. It’s the sheer versatility dialed up to 11. We live in a mobile world. We stopped using corded house phones decades ago, because cell phones just offer so much more practical utility. The call quality is clearer on a landline, but virtually everyone is willing to take the hit in call clarity in order to gain the benefits of portability from a cell phone. In early days, when there weren’t enough cell towers, some still used landlines. But eventually, as quality of calls increased, everyone migrated. Likewise, power platforms offer better visual clarity, but it just can’t compete with the benefits of portability and versatility from a hybrid gaming system. Right now it’s early days, and some still use power consoles. But eventually, as quality of hybrid gaming increases, more and more people will migrate.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic