Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Rise

Posts 861 to 880 of 4,706

TeeJay

If BotW 2 doesn't drop this year, this'll definitely be the biggest game of the year for me.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

JaxonH

I don't think "biggest game of the year" necessarily has to mean "highest sales of the year".

I take it as the one with the biggest impact, the most important, and most hyped.

Even if Zelda releases this year, I think MH Rise is the bigger release. Few gamers out there will be buying a Switch for Zelda BotW 2 who haven't already bought one for Zelda BotW. But MH Rise is going to shift more Switches than any game this year. Of that I'm confident.

And I think it's a far more important release than a follow up sequel to Zelda which is already on the system.

That's not to say Zelda BotW 2 can't be the better game, can't sell more, and can't generate more hype, but I don't think it'll be nearly as impactful.

All that said, I don't think the video was making the argument "this WILL be the biggest game of the year, 100% for sure, no matter what gets announced". It's merely saying, "there's a good chance this is the biggest game of the year, or at the very least one of the biggest".

It doesn't have to be such a rigid take. Having said that, I can't think of a single game that could be announced that would change my mind on MH Rise being the biggest release of 2021. Not even Zelda, and I love Zelda. But I already have one on Switch. What I don't have is a modern, AAA, open map, post-World era Monster Hunter on Switch.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

MH Switch Console up at GameStop! Go go go!

Nintendo Switch Monster Hunter Edition

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Snatcher

@JaxonH Do were where you when they were showing this stuff I didn't see you LOL.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

VoidofLight

Honestly, the trailer in the direct makes me think this might just be the best Monster Hunter game.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

JaxonH

@Snatcher
I didn’t watch here, I was driving home from work and listening to the Direct in the car.

Snatcher

@JaxonH Oh ok.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Metal_Slugger

Thanks for the heads up Jaxon. I missed the game stop console. I messed around trying to figure out what cash back was the best, and signing up.

Metal_Slugger

JaxonH

Monster Hunter Digital Event – March 8

– 6 AM PT
– 9 AM ET
– 2 PM in the UK
– 3 PM in Europe

New Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay, Hunting Tutorials, Director Q&A – March 9

– 6 AM PT
– 9 AM ET
– 2 PM in the UK
– 3 PM in Europe

Monster Hunter Rise Community Live Stream – March 11

– Times TBA

@Metal_Slugger
Ah. Is it sold out now? Well you can try importing from Amazon Spain. Still in stock

https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B08V6LRWK4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_a...

JaxonH

@DarthNocturnal
I feel your pain.

Canada is much lower population and doesn’t get the attention NA gets, and even NA doesn’t get the attention Japan and EU often get.

Rough out here for a MH fan. Or at least, if you’re Canadian 😉

I’d find a good US import forwarding site and just use that to import from the US.

TeeJay

I was able to get the MH console and pro controller from GS even though I woke up a few hours after Jax sounded the alarm.

Thank goodness, haha. I don't have to stress about securing one anymore. I can't remember the last time I got a limited edition anything. I'm super excited.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

JaxonH

@TeeJay
Did you get the Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate New 3DS XL? Or the Monster Hunter Generations New 3DS XL?

I remember when MH4U released alongside New 3DS XL, and I drove to Walmart at midnight in a neighboring county to buy the system and game. Got home around 1:30 am and played until 4am. Oh the hype! Can’t do that anymore though. I’m 37 years old now (I was still in my twenties when we formed the Line chat! Or just barely in my 30s).

Make sure to protect with a tempered glass screen protector. amFilm is the brand I recommend. Don’t wanna scratch that special edition screen. Glass is super easy, no bubbles and oleophobic coating ensures fingerprints come right off. Makes the screen way more frictionless too, which is nice.

TeeJay

@JaxonH No, this is actually the first limited edition MH anything I've ever gotten. iirc those 3DS's came out after the Zelda ones, which I DID get. So I'd already used up all my financial resources in getting the Zelda stuff and couldn't justify also getting the MH stuff.

JaxonH

@TeeJay
Oh ya, they released the Majora’s Mask New 3DS XL simultaneously. Forgot about that. Zelda and Monster Hunter seem to go hand in hand. A real knockout combo for pushing new hardware.

The system comes with the digital deluxe version of the game too, so no need to order that. Problem for me is, I’m not waiting for the system to arrive to start playing. Can’t do it. Won’t do it.

So I’ll probably have to sell the digital deluxe code that comes with it on eBay.

TeeJay

@JaxonH I paid extra for it to arrive day one, haha.

Kinda worried about the fact that I need to sign for it, though, since I work nights and sleep during the day. If I knew WHEN during the day it will come I can sleep around that, but...best I can do for packages I have to sign for is get a few hours of sleep the moment I come home after work since that's early morning, and then just, stay awake and stalk the door all day. Sigh.

Edited on by TeeJay

JaxonH

@TeeJay
Ya, some carriers give you the option to sign a waiver for the signature. I always do that if I can.

But I don’t know who GameStop ships through. If it’s UPS, maybe you can sign in and use the tracking number to find it in the system, then sign the waiver for sig confirmation. If you feel comfortable not signing for it, that is.

Artonide

So glad to see MH with an open world without loading and fast travel with mount. Im ready to give this series another go 😊

SW-4796-1687-6967
Play mostly everything. 😊

JaxonH

@DennisNOR
Glad to hear it.

Just know that it takes a genuine effort to learn the game’s systems and mechanics, and until you do, it’s not going to click.

Best to just settle it in your mind beforehand, “I’m going to learn how to play this game and give it an honest shot”. Be prepared to follow Gaijin Hunter and Arrekz Gaming for tutorials on weapons. Try them all out, then pick one you like and learn it like the back of your hand.

Artonide

Will We be able to join random hunting groups on MH rise ?

SW-4796-1687-6967
Play mostly everything. 😊

NintendoFanBoy16

The Nintendo UK Store have the Monster Hunter Rise amiibo back up for pre-order for anyone interested.

NintendoFanBoy16

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic