Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Rise

Posts 841 to 860 of 4,706

JoyBoy

They better buff up these palicos because sharpening your weapon/healing while riding around the monster with the palamute seems overpowered.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Snatcher

Palicos suck now the palamute just outclasses it compleatly its just to good.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Ralizah

Palicos have their uses, but the dogs are just better if you have to choose between them.

Really, just give the dogs the ability to use support skills and put those creepy cat things out to pasture.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Mountain_Man

Tyranexx wrote:

I'm really torn, personally. Palicos are friggin' adorable, but Palamutes have an amazing design and are mountable.... :thinking_face:

The demo suggests you can have one of each. Is that not true?

The Mountain Man

TeeJay

I really don't think one outclasses the other. Palamutes don't have support skills the way Palicos do. You're essentially choosing between increased mobility or all the skills and help Palicos would normally provide.

@Mountain_Man In single player you can bring both with you but if you're playing online (I believe with 3 or more people?) you become restricted to one so you'll have to choose who to take.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

JaxonH

True.

Palicos provide clutch healing bubbles while you’re getting stomped on, and have often saved me from a cart. Palamutes require actually being able to mount them, and assuming they’re not healing in the corner. Palicos are better in combat. Clutch healing > sharpening

That said, Palamutes are better overall if you have to choose only one, simply because of the mobility (and the sharpening) but I think that’s the whole point. They are not trying to make them “equal”. This game is all about the Palamutes. But they still give you the option to take a Palaco instead if you just want the classic experience.

And once you have a palamute, there’s no reason to take a second. The marginal gains from a second Palamute are far outclassed by the gains of a palico as a second companion.

So the game is essentially designed around taking a Palamute in MP, and taking one of each in single player. Or, if you’re a conservative hunter and want the classic experience, you can just stick with Palico in MP and two Palicos in single player.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

For anyone jumping into MHGU while waiting for MH Rise, who are coming from World and have never played any of the older games, here’s a nice beginner’s guide to help you get your bearings.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Mountain_Man

TeeJay wrote:

@Mountain_Man In single player you can bring both with you but if you're playing online (I believe with 3 or more people?) you become restricted to one so you'll have to choose who to take.

Ah, okay, that makes sense. It won't affect me, then, since I don't play online. But it seems like anybody who doesn't go with palimute for online play will be at a disadvantage to anybody who does since they will be able traverse the levels significantly faster.

The Mountain Man

JaxonH

Journal #4 has released from Hey Jay!

Keep in mind, just 2 weeks ago after trying MH for the first time in the MH Rise demo, he was complaining how clunky everything felt and how he wasn’t interested in the series

TeeJay

@JustMe For me, it looks like I'll be continuing my tradition of using the Switchaxe since 3U, BUT, I was also blown away by the hammer out of nowhere this time around. I've never liked the hammer in any previous MonHun but suddenly it feels amazing to use, so I'm really excited to bonk monsters with it this time around.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

TeeJay

Capcom release info on the three most used weapons in the demo, that's pretty neat.

https://nintendoeverything.com/capcom-reveals-top-three-most-...

Looks like the long sword was the most popular, followed by the great sword, followed by the hunting horn.

@JustMe I did try a the hammer a bit in world but it didn't click at the time. But afaik you didn't have two hammer charging stances and the ability to spin jump into the monster could only be done off of slopes, whereas the wirebug lets you do it any time here.

Honestly both of the hammer's wirebug moves are incredible. The one that costs two wirebugs is SO satisfying to land, and the spin-jumpy one is a really nice way to help close the gap between you and the monster quickly.

So yeah World didn't have those things.

Edited on by TeeJay

JaxonH

To help keep my sanity

Monster Hunter Rise Countdown Timer

Snatcher

@JaxonH I soooo want to buy it day one but I think i'm going to get crash over it so I'm not going to be getting it day one, Proabably a month after.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

JaxonH

So, few new details we’ve gotten recently

1 SOS system returns. But you don’t shoot a flare, you send off your cohoot owl as a “Join Request”. Anyone who has requested to join that quest will be matched up and join your game, even while the quest is underway. That’s awesome.

2 Rampage has a separate group of quests in the quest menu. So it’s clearly a different type of quest, and they are playable online from the Hub Quest menu.

3 Key Quests are now shown to us, so you don’t have to guess. I know World did this as well, but it’s nice to see the portable line has now made the change too.

4 Maps are covered in clouds, and only become revealed as you discover the map by exploring it. This is similar to World. But the cohoot still marks ? on the map for monster locations, even when the map isn’t yet revealed.

5 Expeditions return.

6 A new “random” option is presented in the Hub quest board, to help a random hunter in whatever quest they’re doing. Whether it chooses a random Quest among all quests of a particular rank (Low or High), or if you can narrow it down to choose a random quest within a particular star level (1-star, 2-star, etc.) we don’t know yet.

7 Low Rank seems to go up to ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ but I think that’s for the Hub, which historically has half as many star levels as Village Quests. The footage shows a hunter with access to high rank quests, and the Low Rank Quest menu only showed 1, 2 and 3. I presume High Rank will be 4, 5 and 6, and the Ultimate expansion will add G rank with 7, 8, 9 and 10. This means the Village likely only has Low Rank Quests which go up to 6 stars. The G rank expansion will likely add High Rank village Quests that are 7, 8, 9 and 10.

8 Quest description pages now have artwork of the target monster, so you don’t just have to rely on icons or read the description to figure out what you’re hunting. The visual quickly communicates the monster you’re hunting.

Edited on by JaxonH

TeeJay

The flair system returning is actually amazing to hear. It's such a HUGE improvement over how things used to be, glad it's back.

JaxonH

@JustMe
They showed small square icons before. Now it shows full art.

It makes it easier to identify the monster.

Untitled

Edited on by JaxonH

TeeJay

That new art is really nice. I didn't have a problem identifying the icons from before though.

JaxonH

Good video from GamingBolt talking about Monster Hunter Rise being the biggest game of the year.

You better believe it.

VoidofLight

Yeah.. I wouldn’t call Rise the biggest game of the year. Mainly because while I’m excited for it, we still don’t know what else this year has in store for it. For all we know, Breath of the wild could get it’s sequel this year. Or another game that’s in a series bigger than this could get a new release. It’s just a bit too early, as we’re only two months into 2021

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic