Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Rise

Posts 821 to 840 of 4,706

Tyranexx

@JaxonH Any updates would be welcome if you catch wind of anything, but don't feel obligated. I haven't been commenting in this thread much but have been checking it. Unfortunately my phone use throughout my work day is somewhat limited outside of breaks and depends on what else I have going on. With my luck, I'll just miss an ordering window lol. Hopefully there's a decent amount of stock. You'd think they'd learn not to make these TOO limited....

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

JaxonH

@DarthNocturnal
Seems to lend credence to the Gamestop exclusivity theory. Since EB Games is part of Gamestop, I bet the MH system is exclusive to GS/EBG in North America. Probably the amiibo too. But I already saw a reddit post about those going live in Canada (or was that the collector edition? Can't remember).

It would be odd for the pro controller to be exclusive though. Maybe it all just gets announced at once, but they clarify the system/amiibo exclusivity. And GS/EBG may be waiting to announce for some opportune time. Who knows.

Or, maybe the system and pro controller aren't coming to NA at all, specifically because they see more growth potential in EU/JP with people who need coaxing to jump in, whereas the new world is pretty safely invested based on pre-order numbers. So, like Sony with PS5 allotments, they target the stock where they think it'll do the most good.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JoyBoy

I've been playing the demo quite a bit, for the first time I'm experimenting with new weapons so that has been fun.
I've been going back to world and "completed" the base game, but I don't like the vibe of that game, I think I'll enjoy Rise more because of the whole aesthetic and the music and the weapons that are unique looking. I also like camera angle more in the old games and in Rise, but you can probably change that now that I think about it.

Now I'm playing gen ultimate which I'm enjoying a lot as well. Maybe I'll get fatigued by the time Rise comes out, we'll see, I'm in no hurry.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Grumblevolcano

Looks like the online hasn't been turned off yet, the demo can't be downloaded anymore though.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

Lol anyone who's played the demo will get a kick out of this

Oh my gosh, this has me rolling lol 😆

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Tyranexx

JaxonH wrote:

Lol anyone who's played the demo will get a kick out of this

Oh my gosh, this has me rolling lol 😆

Accurate. VERY accurate. XD

Hah-hah You're here! X3

Normally I don't mind English VAs in games, but the demo proved that Rise will be one of the exceptions.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

JaxonH

@Tyranexx
The voice acting is actually phenomenal.

The You’re Here thing just gets repeated because it’s a tutorial, and ignoring the instructions. Perfect meme fodder. But not an issue or anything.

The voiced shoutouts though... wow, so good. They’re top notch quality and add so much personality to the hunters. There’s a few corny lines, but having heard them from 14 different hunter personalities over the last 30 hrs of play, I’d say the vast majority are neutral or downright good. It’s all so well done. Of course, it gives you a dial to adjust frequency as desired, anywhere from 0% to 100%. I like 100% but, maybe I’ll tone it down later. It’s really not that frequent though, even at 100%. Trailers just focus on big action moments, but in a 20 min hunt it’s a lot more spread out.

The voiced shoutouts are also the communication tool, so English allows players to communicate. Not sure how JP will mess with that, or if you’ll be able to hear others’ communication shoutouts in English. Suppose you can still read the chat message even if it’s audibly Japanese,, but not having to read the message log is one of the best improvements Rise offers, imo.

Edited on by JaxonH

TeeJay

I actually turned the voices off. They were much too corny for me, haha...I really do appreciate the ability to tune them to whatever frequency you like instead of simply having a hard yes or no option, though.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

JaxonH

@Tyranexx
Go go go!

Pro Controller on Amazon IT

https://www.amazon.it/gp/aw/d/B08V6MFT7Q/?ref_=d6k_applink_bb...

Edited on by JaxonH

Tyranexx

@JaxonH I wasn't referring to what was in the video so much as what I experienced in the demo. XD Though I mostly just used the Dual Blades character and haven't sank in more than a couple hours so far. I might warm up to them during the full game. Didn't get an opportunity to experiment with other players before the online shut down, unfortunately.

Thanks for the Amazon IT flag! I'll work on setting a preorder shortly.

Ralizah

The Pro Controller is going to go live on NA's Amazon at some point. They're not going to list them in a bunch of random European countries and ignore the U.S. entirely.

I wasn't sure what I was going to do with my first Pro Controller if I ended up getting the MH one (since I have a ton of controllers lying around at this point; two DS4s, a Wii U Pro, two Wii classic controllers, a bunch of Wiimotes, five or so GameCube ones, a Steam controller, two 8bitdo controllers, the Split Pad Pro, etc.), but I think I'll move it to PC game duty.

This is assuming I can get an order in for the MH one when it goes live in NA, of course.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

JaxonH

@Ralizah
I’d like to believe that, but I can’t take that risk. Plus even if they do, there’s a chance they sell out before getting an order in. Like I always say- order now, think later. Can always cancel once an NA order has been secured.

I like keeping a spare on the charger to swap out with in case the battery dies. The spare might not get much use but it has its moments. And nothing sucks worse than having the battery die and not having a spare ready.

@Tyranexx
Some are better than others. Didn’t play too much dual blades, but from what I remember it was a female, and it was... ok. I spent most time using charge blade and hunting horn and Switch axe, and I love all of their personalities. The charge blade chick especially.

Edited on by JaxonH

Ryu_Niiyama

I’m still hoping we get the procon in NA.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Tyranexx

@JaxonH Dual Blades chick seemed a little over the top. I do need to try out more of the characters. Hunting Horn is next, I think.

JaxonH

Both the MH system AND the MH pro controller is up on Amazon ES (Amazon Spain). Ships globally

https://www.amazon.es/s?k=monster+hunter+rise+switch&ref=...

JaxonH

New exclusive IGN interview with Ichinose has some tasty info.

One reason for players to stick with the same weapon was always the fact that it takes so much time to upgrade weapons, which is why we decided to significantly reduce the amount of materials necessary to upgrade weapons for Rise

This is actually great news. I want to play multiple weapons this time because they all feel so good. But the upkeep of multiple weapons, much less multiple weapon types, can be too much. Lessening the burden of crafting for upgrades will be conducive to a multiple weapon playthrough

JaxonH

Untitled

Tyranexx

I'm really torn, personally. Palicos are friggin' adorable, but Palamutes have an amazing design and are mountable.... :thinking_face:

TeeJay

I'm all for reducing the dedication required to upgrading each weapon. It allows for more experimentation.

Also palicos are cute and all but I've always wanted a dog companion in MonHun as a dog person, and we're finally FINALLY getting them! So yeah palamutes for life.

I'm super excited to see all the costumes and customizations palamutes will have aaaaa

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic